Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I developped an unhealthy love for Jigglypuff. My friends aren't the best opponents and I started using it. Last time I played I had good control and I managed to win without getting killed once.

I hate how Jigglypuff and Pichu "suck" more then the other characters... We need more friggin balance.

By the way, does anyone use the ground dodge much? (block+up/down)

I can see the top tier players using it instinctivly, but I rarely do. When I do one by mistake and I actually dodge a blow, I act all cool like: "Yeah, I did that on purpose..." I do use a lot of air dodges.

What I really love is seeing a battle between 2 equally matched, medium to high quality players. It's awesome. Every bit of the match looks like it's choreographed as one jumps into the air to dodge a running strike, but it was fake so the other also jumps, only back. For a moment they are both in the air and you can feel the tension as, in those few seconds, they look at the perfect timing to preform an unexpected spike. One of them simulates a spike approach, and as the other does an air dodge, he uses his second jump to backflip in the opposite direction. They both land, stop of a while, and then go running at each other as the whole thing repeates... It looks like dancing for a few moments.

One thing I don't like about melee is, that while it's chaotic yet controlled nature is fun, it creates the opportunity for opponents to use that nature as an excuse. "The barrel landed on me!" "The arwing blew me away!" "You didn't let me pick the best character!!" "My pokeball only had a goldeen!!"

Yet, those four player battles are friggin awesome...

My most played characters: (By order of usage)

-Samus

-Peach

-Link

-Kirby

-Mario

I love Samus, and she has the best running A attack in the game. I've KO'd several opponents with it.

Remember, try to come up with original game modes and post them here!

I miss the Captain Falcon from the original game...well, mostly the sound effects and voice. When you got nailed by a Falcon Punch, the sound was great.

Hell yeah. Although, you gotta admire how one of his alt suits in SSBM is the Blood Hawk one.

Captain Falcon is a pretty good overall character. But for real fun, I prefer his heavy version, that is Ganondorf n_n. mmm purple.

You gotta love how the falcon uppercut and falcon grab are made for eachother, its just so much fun to slap someone up first and then grab em...and then again just because you can.

Actually control feeling wise, I'd say Falcon is the best. Other characters just feel heavy when playing them. If you know what I mean...like... Okay for example, on Baten Kaitos, you have this place were you walk through mud, and really, you just push the control stick like you'd always do, but it just FEELS so heavy and annoying. Thats realism, it makes you FEEL what you see.

I dont have that alot with SSBM. With the exception of Falcon and maybe Fox.

I notice it the most in the "race to the finish" bonus levels. I dunno, just doesnt feel right.

Especially since you have to tap the control stick so many times...Maybe I'm just really out of practice

Hmmm no one likes NESS? I didn't like him in SSB, but he's my best character in Melee. I thought they improved him quite a bit in it. Though I suppose you gotta get used to the way he moves which is confusing for some. His regular B move works extremely well on CPU's cause they just walk right into it. Or stand there while the green torpedo thing explodes.

Other than NESS, I suppose I'd go with Falcon, Roy, Samus, and Pikacthulhu(Darn if only it were real).

My favorite moment in SSBM was on the Corneria level, I was doing a custom mode with a friend which made a very high drop rate with freezees and crates the only items that dropped. I got one good hit in with a freezee on him, and he flew in the air, landed on an Arwing and it flew away and killed him.

Fox and Falco's Up Smashes are one of the best. I find the deflector shield "mehable" because I just can't use it, it stays too long after i release the button.

Favorite created mode recipe:

2 players

Stock 99

Lightning Melee

Item Freq. Max

Damage Ratio 2.0

Only Items Capable of Instant Kill (Thrown or Activated) Turned On

(Example: All Healing Items, Lip's Stick, Fire Flower, etc. OFF; HRB, Super Scope, Freezie, Any and All Explosives ON)

Matches average about 30-40 minutes, averaging a horrible impactful death at a rate of approx. 1 every 5 seconds.

WARNING: If you have asthma, I recommend against playing this mode, or at least having your inhaler handy, otherwise you're going to laugh yourself into an early grave.

Ground dodge is usually called side-step, I think. It's something I do instinctively but I slip up sometimes. When I play by myself I usually do the 2-3 level 9s against a team of Marths with no team-attack. I do well but geez, it's pretty damn hard.

I use Falco, Dr. Mario, G&W, Jigglypuff, and sometimes random, Falco and Jigglypuff as my tops.

Ground dodge is usually called side-step, I think. It's something I do instinctively but I slip up sometimes. When I play by myself I usually do the 2-3 level 9s against a team of Marths with no team-attack. I do well but geez, it's pretty damn hard.

I use Falco, Dr. Mario, G&W, Jigglypuff, and sometimes random, Falco and Jigglypuff as my tops.

It's used to dodge grabs I guess, but I hardly use it. I rely on timed double jumps and lots and lots of shield rolls. Lots.

I can beat 3 Ganondorfs on 9, but it's pretty tough. It's easy with items, but solo, it gets hectic. I usually need a character that clears a lot of space in one move (Samus', Mario's, Fox's or Kirby's Down Smash) so I usually go with Samus. The trick is not to jump that much since they grab you a lot in the air with their B Up.

Favorite created mode recipe:

2 players

Stock 99

Lightning Melee

Item Freq. Max

Damage Ratio 2.0

Only Items Capable of Instant Kill (Thrown or Activated) Turned On

(Example: All Healing Items, Lip's Stick, Fire Flower, etc. OFF; HRB, Super Scope, Freezie, Any and All Explosives ON)

Matches average about 30-40 minutes, averaging a horrible impactful death at a rate of approx. 1 every 5 seconds.

WARNING: If you have asthma, I recommend against playing this mode, or at least having your inhaler handy, otherwise you're going to laugh yourself into an early grave.

Sounds like fun. Now replace "2 players" with "4 players" and replace "Lightning Melee" with "Super Sudden Death" and I'd be in :).

SUPER DUPER Giant Melee

Giant Melee

Damage at 2.0

Items on medium: Super Mushroom and Bunny Hood

After that finish the rules on your own.

SUPER DUPER Lightning Melee

Lightning Melee

Damage at .5

Items on medium: Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom and Bunny Hood

SUPER DUPER Sudden Death

Super Sudden Death

Damage at 2.0

Items on Very High: Bob-ombs, motion sensor bombs, and green turtle shells

I enjoy enhancing the modes that are already there :).

NINJA MASTER PSYCHO MODE

Stock 10

No items

damage ratio 0.5

One CP lv9 Handicap 9 Falco

One CP lv9 Handicap 9 Fox

VERSUS

You Handicap 1

Lots of fun. Even more fun if you record it and then slow-mo parts where you do something really cool (like the time a jumped right between Falco and Fox's lasers and then slashed Falco off the stage and kicked Fox into the ground)

FOX'S ULTIMATE DOOM MODE

Stock infinite

Bumpers only Very HIgh

damage ratio 2.0

One CP lv1 Handicap 3 Fox

VERSUS

You Handicap 9

Ever wonder what a fox looks like when he's bouncing around the stage like a red furry pinball?

PIMP SLAP SAVE-THE-DAY MODE

Stock 5

Items on or off (take your pick)

damage ratio 1.0

One CP lv9 Mario (Red Team)

VERSUS

Two CP lv1 Jigglypuffs (Blue Team)

VERSUS

You (Green Team)

The green guy (you) is a pimp. You much protect your bitches (blue team) from the evil pervert (Mario). Keep your bitches in line while you give Mario the ass-whoopin he deserves for tryin steal your skanks.

Most people I talk to say Samus is a terrible character because she's too weak. Personally, I think her sheer speed makes her one of the best. It doesn't really matter if your hits aren't that strong, as long as the other guy can't do anything to avoid you.

I also like to use Ganondorf. A lot of people say he's bad because he's too slow, but I find that his sheer power makes up for it. If you take his slowness into account and go with a less aggressive approach, he's incredible.

I think when it comes down to it, it's not about what character you pick. Sure some of them suck, but ultimately, a good player isn't defined by it. A good player knows the character and the best tactics to use with it.

Lots of double jumps and shield rolls only get you killed easily with really good people. They'll just wait to kill your second jump or wait for you to finish rolling where you are unable to block. I know from first hand experience. :cry:

Short hop and wavedash for the win.

guys that definetely appear on SSBX should be:

samurai goroh (OMG he's fat!)

magus (pwnage)

chrono

frog (from chrnono trigger)

no more pokemosn plz!

diddy kong

captain olimar (and or louie)

dark samus

and pokey from earthbound...

thats my wishlist for it heheheh

Most people I talk to say Samus is a terrible character because she's too weak. Personally, I think her sheer speed makes her one of the best. It doesn't really matter if your hits aren't that strong, as long as the other guy can't do anything to avoid you.

I also like to use Ganondorf. A lot of people say he's bad because he's too slow, but I find that his sheer power makes up for it. If you take his slowness into account and go with a less aggressive approach, he's incredible.

I think when it comes down to it, it's not about what character you pick. Sure some of them suck, but ultimately, a good player isn't defined by it. A good player knows the character and the best tactics to use with it.

Samus is most definetely not bad! and ganon i think it's ok...but you can dance circles around him with sheik

hay guyz I've got sum mode ideas too

WORLD MODE

This is an online mode where you fight peeps in huge maps, or worlds instead of arenas. For example, explore the depths of Norfair or SMB's world 1-2 until you find other players who needs some ass-kicking. So basically it's a 2D side-scroller with Quake-like death matches. :)

magus (pwnage)

chrono

frog (from chrnono trigger)

I've actually thought about that before. Frog and Magus in particular would be fun to play as. Unfortunately, I don't believe Nintendo has the rights to Chrono Trigger. It belongs to Square Enix.

NINJA MASTER PSYCHO MODE

Stock 10

No items

damage ratio 0.5

One CP lv9 Handicap 9 Falco

One CP lv9 Handicap 9 Fox

VERSUS

You Handicap 1

Lots of fun. Even more fun if you record it and then slow-mo parts where you do something really cool (like the time a jumped right between Falco and Fox's lasers and then slashed Falco off the stage and kicked Fox into the ground)

FOX'S ULTIMATE DOOM MODE

Stock infinite

Bumpers only Very HIgh

damage ratio 2.0

One CP lv1 Handicap 3 Fox

VERSUS

You Handicap 9

Ever wonder what a fox looks like when he's bouncing around the stage like a red furry pinball?

PIMP SLAP SAVE-THE-DAY MODE

Stock 5

Items on or off (take your pick)

damage ratio 1.0

One CP lv9 Mario (Red Team)

VERSUS

Two CP lv1 Jigglypuffs (Blue Team)

VERSUS

You (Green Team)

The green guy (you) is a pimp. You much protect your bitches (blue team) from the evil pervert (Mario). Keep your bitches in line while you give Mario the ass-whoopin he deserves for tryin steal your skanks.

oh they are gooooood.....

Just the other day, my friend and I were testing out the control naunces of Mewtwo, Young Link/Link, and Samus.

As Mewtwo, we played bomb tag with his foward b mind control and dogded with teleportation. My favorite thing would have to be teleporting from far away, right into someones face. (It freaks people out)

With the grapple throw characters, we tested that special move where you can grab a wall and pull yourself back up to it. I like that better than wall jumping myself.