Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

According to what I've read on Smash Bros Dojo (the official site), the theme is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, the composer of most Final Fantasy games (he left Squaresoft to be an independent contractor a couple years ago; Final Fantasy 12 is composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto of Breath of Fire V and others), but it doesn't sound like the whole soundtrack will be Uematsu.

Woah seroisly. Thats fucking awesome. I hope he at least does a few more tho

Uematsu's verison of the zelda theme or star foxs

*edit* my friend jsut saw the trailer. She was more shocked to the realization that samus was a girl :lol:

Uematsu cannot compose the whole soundtrack, since it was already done by others in the past.

What will be interresting is the entirly orchestral arrangement with latin lyrics sung by an opera singer. No more DK rap. Hell, no more electronica inspire music. Fully orchestral arrangements.

It will be a beauty if you ask me.

(Other things Uematsu could write however includes the final boss theme, the special events theme, and the menu theme. It would be wise to keep the same writer involved to have one common line between these things.)

I just realised:

Orchestral Kid Icarus Theme.

I would like to see less Jigglypuff this time around. Near-instant kill moves are lame, and being all around annoying and disgustingly cute (unlike Pichu, who is kitten-like cute, the good kind of cute) doesn't help.

PS. Metaknight FT-decisive-W...FTDW!

The point of my post wasn't who composed the main theme so much as where it could be downloaded. :roll:

Edit:

What will be interresting is the entirly orchestral arrangement with latin lyrics sung by an opera singer. No more DK rap. Hell, no more electronica inspire music. Fully orchestral arrangements.

You have no idea how much this excites me.

Uematsu cannot compose the whole soundtrack, since it was already done by others in the past.

(Other things Uematsu could write however includes the final boss theme, the special events theme, and the menu theme. It would be wise to keep the same writer involved to have one common line between these things.)

I just realised:

Orchestral Kid Icarus Theme.

I'd sorta prefer it to be like SSBM: some orchestral, some electronic, some straight up rock.

Melee had some pretty fucking sweet guitars, and I'd love to hear more of that.

I think that's a misinterpetation. The latin lyrics are just for the main theme. I think that what we'll really see is that any of the songs that are "orchestral" in nature will be live orchesta; likewise, we'll hear live guitars for rockin' tunes. I'm fairly confident that there will be a variety of genres represented.

I don't believe you appreciate the whole idea behind this...

Opera is not one genre. It is a complexe interpretation of music. It's a pure form. And a very complexe one at that. Think classical music multiplied by 100. If they do pull it well, and they do try to go through the whole range of what can be done though opera, then you will not miss the nice guitar or electronica, since it will not be needed.

Think of classical music. It is not one genre, it is a family of may subsets, like Baroque, Rhapsody, or Sonatas. But all of these genres find their full nature through proper interpretation, like a full orchestra with an opera singer.

I'll have to look up some of the guy's work, so that I have a better idea how he will sound, but I assure you, you will never be disapointed by something of that level.

[EDIT= Ok, you got me, I'm a fan of opera and of powerful interpretations...]

[Edit2=Yeah, my bad, I realise that only the main theme would be with the latin lyrics... I have to say, it's almost disapointing...]

As I was watching the video I kept thinking, "Wow this looks awesome, but that music is way too over the top." Now that I know who composed it I understand. Oh well, I guess I can always play SSBB with the music turned down.

Then you've missed out on some greats.

I can't. I have a tendency to over criticise myself, and ever since my remix was completely ignored (seriously, I never even got a rejection letter or anything... I asked a judge like 3 months after I submitted and he told me "didn't you get the email?"), I have been unable to listen to a remix without telling myself "You hear that, this is why you suck, you can't do that, seriously, what were youthinking submitting that piece of shit."

Since my ego is not something I like destroying for no reason, I stopped downloading.

The main theme does seem to be over doing it, but then again, the game itself seems to be pretty grandiose (sp?) as well. Laint opera singing works for Final Fantasy, but not SSB imho.

I do believe they will keep the genres pretty much the same for the actual stages (But anyone who has heard the Smashing Live! CD knows that the orchestra version of Big Blue kick some serious ass)

According to what I've read on Smash Bros Dojo (the official site), the theme is composed by Nobuo Uematsu, the composer of most Final Fantasy games (he left Squaresoft to be an independent contractor a couple years ago; Final Fantasy 12 is composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto of Breath of Fire V and others), but it doesn't sound like the whole soundtrack will be Uematsu.

Woah seroisly. Thats fucking awesome. I hope he at least does a few more tho

Uematsu's verison of the zelda theme or star foxs

*edit* my friend jsut saw the trailer. She was more shocked to the realization that samus was a girl :lol:

Something in me just died... laughing. XD

No, seriously, _now_ she realizes Samus is a kickass female? I find that to be really, really funny, and a little sad because so few people know it.

Sony are either;

Pissed.

Joining up with Nintendo.

Because I remember Snake being a very famous Mascot for the Playstation, that sceen was frigging hillarious, totaly mad, shame I've not a MGS game :( only demos...

Meta-Knight All the way, but I want the Secret of Mana, Evermore, etc in there :).