Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I wasn't anticipating Ivy in the game, I was just referring to Samus's entrance reminding me of Ivy's. Now that I think bout it, Link did appear in SC2, so other characters from SC MIGHT be fair game. Its wholey unlikely, but so was Snake.

It would be pretty cool to see a soul calibur character since nintedno did give one of theirs like you said. I think another post mentioned cervantes which would rock :D

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard on the internet in recent memory

Like tens of thousands of others on gaming sites such as these, I'm just throwing things out there. I would thank you for taking five seconds out of your time to reply, but your approval isn't necessary or required; in fact, nobody's approval is necessary or required. We know very little about the next Smash Brothers apart from what Nintendo has already shown us in the video. Vague statements in interviews that hint to possible additional 3rd party characters leads to speculation. A thread like this created well before the game's release date amounts to speculation. The majority of said speculation is not, nor will ever be, true -- much to your comfort, I'm sure.

Have a good day, Wingless. And thank you for your remix "Pearlsong." I enjoyed it.

for those who didn't know, konami already had its own smash bros clone for gamecube, in which was showcased simon belmont along other famous (although more known in japan) konami mascots.

I will look up the name and give you a link.

I think it was Dream Mix TV World Fighters, unless there's another one I'm unfamiliar with. Someone mentioned it a few pages ago.

It would be really bad if they took out something essential like wavedashing or jump-cancelling shines, just because a bunch of noobs complained about getting beat by people who take the game seriously enough to discover cool things.

I doubt they'll take out WDing, as it was an intentional part of Melee. Perhaps not to the extent that people have been using it, but intentional nonetheless.

If you watch the trailer closely, Mario actually does a wavedash. Right before Snake appears from underneath the box, Mario jumps into the air, wavedashes and does a down smash on Link.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/462/462190p1.html

Seems like solid snake was there too, which I didn't remember. I can see some of these characters, like bomberman and mister higgins, probably making an appereance in SSBB too.

EDIT: http://www.the-magicbox.com/game092203f.htm

...This is the most wacky and stupid mix of different characters ever.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard on the internet in recent memory

Like tens of thousands of others on gaming sites such as these, I'm just throwing things out there. I would thank you for taking five seconds out of your time to reply, but your approval isn't necessary or required; in fact, nobody's approval is necessary or required. We know very little about the next Smash Brothers apart from what Nintendo has already shown us in the video. Vague statements in interviews that hint to possible additional 3rd party characters leads to speculation. A thread like this created well before the game's release date amounts to speculation. The majority of said speculation is not, nor will ever be, true -- much to your comfort, I'm sure.

Have a good day, Wingless. And thank you for your remix "Pearlsong." I enjoyed it.

as with all my fans, I will destroy you.

I wasn't anticipating Ivy in the game, I was just referring to Samus's entrance reminding me of Ivy's. Now that I think bout it, Link did appear in SC2, so other characters from SC MIGHT be fair game. Its wholey unlikely, but so was Snake.

Soul Calibur = Namco Bandai.

Metal Gear Solid = Konami.

Namco Bandai =/= Konami.

KNOW YOUR THIRD PARTIES, SOLDIER!

Sir! I was aware of that, Sir!. I wasn't drawing a comparison between the 3rd party companies, just pointing out Link in SC2 which could possibly mean Namco characters might make an appearance in SSB. Namco did help with Mario Baseball, so them and Nintendo are probably on atleast talking terms. :wink:

Anyway, what I'm getting at is SSB need mores Dig-Dug and Pac-Man and maybe some Katamari love.

Soul Calibur = Namco Bandai.

Metal Gear Solid = Konami.

Namco Bandai =/= Konami.

KNOW YOUR THIRD PARTIES, SOLDIER!

Sir! I was aware of that, Sir!. I wasn't drawing a comparison between the 3rd party companies, just pointing out Link in SC2 which could possibly mean Namco characters might make an appearance in SSB. Namco did help with Mario Baseball, so them and Nintendo are probably on atleast talking terms. :wink:

Anyway, what I'm getting at is SSB need mores Dig-Dug and Pac-Man and maybe some Katamari love.

No.

I don't imagine it'd be too hard for a Castlevania character to slip in there. After all, Soma has sold many, many copies of games over two Nintendo systems now. He's fairly famous nowadays. I know the more hardcore CV fans will want Simon though.

What I'd really like to see is Lyndis from Fire Emblem. I bet it'd be pretty likely for her to make it in if the fans push for it. I already submitted her in the suggestion box thing.

I want Diddy and Dixie in the game as one character, just like Popo and Nana as the Ice Climbers. I imagine Diddy and Dixie sucking as individual characters.

Diddy's projectile weapon from DK64 can be a B. Cartwheel is Forward b. Diddy's rocket boosters + Dixie's hair could be an Up B. Down B would be a tag move to switch between both characters ala Zelda (as suggested by OCRE).

That would be sweet.

Metroid's the best character. He's cool because he can shoot missiles!

Okay...

Uumm..

How I shot missile?

But yeah. Brawl has me very excited. I never got all that good at Smash in the first place, sure, but I tried and I had a lot of fun. I actually got to about a high-to-moderate level for all of about two months. Used to main

DK

Mewtwo

Zelda

...but then I stopped playing around 2005.

Hopefully in 2007 I'll be seeing you guys around the Wii-nternet, smashing up Mew and DK again, if Nintendo knows what's good for them!

We've had stupider people before.

So can anyone provide me with a link to a version of the trailer that doesn't fucking skip every three seconds?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4503332649651467155&q=smash+brothers

Consider me late, but I just found out today that Snake is going to be in this game. I didn't believe it at first when a friend of mine told me, but then he showed me the trailer. Solid Snake sharing game space with Donkey Kong, Mario, Link, and Kirby: not in my most twisted LSD hallucinations did I see THAT one coming.

This E3 is jes' full of surprises.