Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

New mix made me think of this...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl needs one character more than any other. Rayman.

I wanted to say that first. He ain't the most likely one to be picked, but Michel Ancel seems to be interested in the Wii, and Rayman would fit in rather well..

Not to mention that some upgraded Rayman music would be sex.

I'd really like to see Ryu Hayabusa from the Ninja Gaiden series in SSBB though, he just has so much potential for ass-kickery it'd be shame if he doesn't make it.

Too bad Team Ninja seems to be enjoying the XBOX 360. Though if you really want to fight as Ryu, why not just pick up DOA4 (even though he looks like a total wuss when you can see his whole face)? I dunno, he doesn't seem like a Smash Bros type character for me. He'd have to fight in a completely different way from DOA. Then again, neither does Snake, but Metal Gear has always had a good sense of humor.

New mix made me think of this...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl needs one character more than any other. Rayman.

not a bad choice, but i think it needs someone else ever more, and im not sure if anyone has said it yet but, Viewtiful Joe.

He's getting his own sort of party smash game, isn't he? Or has he already gotten it? I haven't played the series since I fully completed the first one.

Yeah, the game came out already.

Anyways, I found on a different forum that found that the castle level was from FE:POR, so we may see the character from the game.

SSBB6.jpg

The flag is supposed to be the emblem of one the nations there.

Dunno. Check out the pic below, the black symbol w/ red background is the closest thing in Fire Emblem on Gamecube to the one there. If you look at the two closely, the one from SSBB looks like it could be a more stylized version of the Daein symbol...skewed a little. :!: Well, I just hope that's an indicator of having either Ike or Titania in SSBB :D .

Hell, who among us even played a Fire Emblem with Marth or Roy in it? I didn't really care much about FE until I played the GC version, but was the FE that Marth was in even available outside of Japan? As for Roy, he was in a GBA FE right? Anyone know the answer to these? 8)daeinsymbol.jpg

I dunno if this has already been discussed here or not, but I wonder if by having Nobuo Uematsu doing the score for SSBB if that also hints at Square-Enix's willingness to sell the rights to use well-know Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest characters. I'm not a huge fan of the FF series, but I think it'd be cool to have Cloud, Barret, Tidus, or even Sora to join the fray (especially Sora 8) ). Better yet, Crono from Chrono Trigger! :D

I'm pretty sure Uematsu went solo, didn't he?

-Nick

That assumption is indeed fact.

Oh ok, I guess that'd make sense. Ah well. Still, it'd be cool to have Crono in there...I mean, Chrono Trigger was originally a game on the SNES after all (though I'm sure Square-Enix wouldn't be in favor of whoring out their characters without ridiculous sums of money :P ).

Only few Square characters are really appropriate for Smash Brothers, IMO.

Also, I sure hope that new songs for existing stages are part of the Connect24 thing. I get really sick of hearing the same damn songs on Melee, so I normally play with the music off. It'd be nice if they let you use your own MP3s, but I realize there's only a small to nonexistant chance of that.

Now that I think about it, Snake in SSBB makes some sense. Kojima and Mayamoto are friend's and all. Guess Mayamoto payed Kojima back for making Twin Snakes.

Now, with Kid Icarus (Pit) in this, I feel hopeful. Espically for stage and music. The stage could be chalk full o' shit, like the little Grim Reaper dudes floating in and make the music change to the freak tune when he spots you.

The possiblities are nice.

P.S. BTW, is there a video of this stuff? That's downloadable, not streaming?

I dunno if this has already been discussed here or not, but I wonder if by having Nobuo Uematsu doing the score for SSBB if that also hints at Square-Enix's willingness to sell the rights to use well-know Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest characters. I'm not a huge fan of the FF series, but I think it'd be cool to have Cloud, Barret, Tidus, or even Sora to join the fray (especially Sora 8) ). Better yet, Crono from Chrono Trigger! :D

Doing main theme /= score. He did the same thing for Final Fantasy 12, so expect Hirokazu Ando to return for the rest.

Now that I think about it, Snake in SSBB makes some sense. Kojima and Mayamoto are friend's and all. Guess Mayamoto payed Kojima back for making Twin Snakes.

Now, with Kid Icarus (Pit) in this, I feel hopeful. Espically for stage and music. The stage could be chalk full o' shit, like the little Grim Reaper dudes floating in and make the music change to the freak tune when he spots you.

The possiblities are nice.

P.S. BTW, is there a video of this stuff? That's downloadable, not streaming?

Yeah, on IGN they have the option to either stream the trailer or dl the trailer (the dl'able version off to the side of the vid thumbnail). Here's a link for quicker reference http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

I'm really excited about Pit being in the game too. I hope this is gonna lead to Kid Icarus Wii (so far I haven't heard any official Nintendo news about it). Pit is really due to star in his own game again anyhow IMO.

Doing main theme /= score. He did the same thing for Final Fantasy 12, so expect Hirokazu Ando to return for the rest.

Oh, I musta misread. I thought I had read somewhere it wasn't just the main theme he was doing, but all the music for the game. I stand corrected though lol.

Oh, I musta misread. I thought I had read somewhere it wasn't just the main theme he was doing, but all the music for the game. I stand corrected though lol.

The only information they've given about the music is that Uematsu wrote the main theme and that an entire orchestra with Latin opera choir will be availible for the entire soundtrack. No details about who exactly will be writing tracks for all parts of the game.

Well, since this is an SSB thread, then I should be able to get some help with Melee, right? Well, here's my problem:

About a week ago, I got SSBM, and have been playing ot all the time (ofcourse), and I'm trying to beat everything. I've gotten all the characters, and right now I'm working on beating the Home-Run Contest. Atleast get 1500 ft, but the best I've done is about 1100 ft (not sure, since in my game it's in meters).

So... How should I do this? What character should I use? I've read in some places that I should use Yoshi or Ice Climbers, and I've tried a few strategies people have posted, but I don't understand it all. They confuse me. So... Any pointers, or strategies for a guy who knows of no SSBM terms at all?