Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Homerun thingy

I used Yoshi, basicly you just do a bunch of bycicle kicks to the sandbag. It helps if you use very short hops so that you'll do maximum damage to the bag.

Try to get about 3 or 4 bycicle kicks off them do a smash attack with the baseball bat (It'll be all sparkly) And you should bet well over 1400 feet.

Well, since this is an SSB thread, then I should be able to get some help with Melee, right? Well, here's my problem:

About a week ago, I got SSBM, and have been playing ot all the time (ofcourse), and I'm trying to beat everything. I've gotten all the characters, and right now I'm working on beating the Home-Run Contest. Atleast get 1500 ft, but the best I've done is about 1100 ft (not sure, since in my game it's in meters).

So... How should I do this? What character should I use? I've read in some places that I should use Yoshi or Ice Climbers, and I've tried a few strategies people have posted, but I don't understand it all. They confuse me. So... Any pointers, or strategies for a guy who knows of no SSBM terms at all?

Use Yoshi, and attack the sandbag by tapping the jump button and then using his down A flutter kick a few times, that should give it enough damage to go far enough.

[

Dunno. Check out the pic below, the black symbol w/ red background is the closest thing in Fire Emblem on Gamecube to the one there. If you look at the two closely, the one from SSBB looks like it could be a more stylized version of the Daein symbol...skewed a little. :!: Well, I just hope that's an indicator of having either Ike or Titania in SSBB :D .

Hell, who among us even played a Fire Emblem with Marth or Roy in it? I didn't really care much about FE until I played the GC version, but was the FE that Marth was in even available outside of Japan? As for Roy, he was in a GBA FE right? Anyone know the answer to these? 8)

Marth was in both Fire Emblem 1 and 3, neither of which was released outside of Japan. Roy was in Fire Emblem 6, which was the first Fire Emblem for the GBA. Once again though, it was never released outside of Japan. He also made a cameo in Fire Emblem 7.

Only few Square characters are really appropriate for Smash Brothers, IMO.

Also, I sure hope that new songs for existing stages are part of the Connect24 thing. I get really sick of hearing the same damn songs on Melee, so I normally play with the music off. It'd be nice if they let you use your own MP3s, but I realize there's only a small to nonexistant chance of that.

I never get bored of Melee's music. When I'm winning, I even fight to it's beat, it looks cool. The only one that gets on my nerves is the standard Final Destination one, because it's the stage I play in the most. Even the DK rap sounds alright. BTW, I loved the DK rap on DK64. Rare humor FTW.

But yes, we all want downloadable content. Especially stages and characters. And if those characters are for free, even better! Like WoW patches or something.

Also, I sure hope that new songs for existing stages are part of the Connect24 thing. I get really sick of hearing the same damn songs on Melee, so I normally play with the music off. It'd be nice if they let you use your own MP3s, but I realize there's only a small to nonexistant chance of that.

I never get bored of Melee's music. When I'm winning, I even fight to it's beat, it looks cool. The only one that gets on my nerves is the standard Final Destination one, because it's the stage I play in the most. Even the DK rap sounds alright. BTW, I loved the DK rap on DK64. Rare humor FTW.

But yes, we all want downloadable content. Especially stages and characters. And if those characters are for free, even better! Like WoW patches or something.

I have a whole playlist on my computer of songs I listen to while I Smash. Its a lot better than the same damn songs over and over again.

I have a whole playlist on my computer of songs I listen to while I Smash. Its a lot better than the same damn songs over and over again.

Again, I do like those damn songs over and over again.

Why Square-Enix should not put a character in SSBB:

When you think square, you think what?

Final Fantasy.

Each final fantasy, starting from 4, has had a cast of very unique characters. Each character had personalities, moves, and unique traits that made them be loved by everyone (well almost...). From FF4's cast of 10-12 characters to FF6 cast of 18 characters, you already have an issue. The smallest cast was FF5 with 5 characters.

So far, with only the snes generation, we are over 35 potential characters.

FF7 had 7 characters, FF8 had 9, FF9 had 8, FF10 had at least 6, FFX2 as well.

Without including FF11 or 12, we are up to 71 characters. Now, throw in the 1 character from FFMQ, we are up to 72.

But wait, 6 people in CT: 78. A conservative estimate would say there were 15 people in CC. 93. Might as well throw in Secret of Mana 96, Secret of Evermore 97 (the dog does not count.) Seiken detsentsu 3, 103.

Now for villains: At least 2 from each game I named have some form of fan base: 14 games, 28 villains (it's an average, I know). 131.

Oh, I forgot Geno and Mallow:

Hmmm... 133 potential characters. From 15 games...

Do you really want 133 new characters? Can you chose just one. And one that will not piss off fans in one way or another?

Oh and it's Square Enix...Enix also has some good characters.

The truth is that any one of these 133 characters would make a great addition to SSBB. It's rather easy actually, any videogame character can make one. Mr. Game and Watch proved it. So what can they do? Whatever they do they will piss off some of their fans.

SSBB works a lot better if you take specific characters from reoccuring games. (I know, Pit... but still)... Can you name me one character from Square Enix that has been part of a successful series of games and that has remained the same all through it?

Is there one character from any Final Fantasies that has the same portfolio as Link?

Snake has been in about 6 games. He has been around for 20 years. He is still being used now.

Find me one character by Square-Enix like that and we will see if he is a valid addition.

Disclaimer: I know that some characters, namely Pit, Ness, or Dr. Mario, have had a smaller exposure. For a Nintendo character to be on this game is not as complicated as getting Snake or Crono involved. I say that the characters from nintendo can avoid the game series limitation simply because of the specific fan demands. Nintendo does not own a great deal of ongoing series. In a game like SSBB, they include characters from various sources simply because it is a nostalgic throwback. And I guess a one shot character that has gotten a great fan response should be, in all logic, concidered as well. I just think that there aren't that many "Pit"s that still have fans asking for a sequel 20 years after the original.

Snake has been in about 6 games. He has been around for 20 years. He is still being used now.

Find me one character by Square-Enix like that and we will see if he is a valid addition.

Well, it's not the same, but Cloud has been around in several games. It's in FF7, considered by many fans as the best one, it's been playable in some games after that, and he has a lot of cameos.

If SE went with one character that didn't piss off that many people, it would be Cloud. And Sephiroth I suppose. Not that I want any of those in SSBB, we've had enough cameos of those guys, but then again, I also don't want any one from Sonic. In fact, the only other 3rd party character's I'd want are a Castlevania one and Megaman...

Now see, Castlevania has the same problem:

Simon, Trevor, Justin, Julius, and whatnot Belmonts. Then there is Alucard (playable in 3 games.) Soma (playable in 2) All valid additions.

(I would personally say Simon, since he started it all)

Megaman... Or X? Maybe even Zero, or the Zero games....

What about Bass... Protoman... Lots of choices... I would go with Megaman simply because the slide is better than the dash, but it's an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

(Ok, Cloud would work... Except Squall/Leon has been in as many games... Vincent too... Slippery slope my friend, slippery slope...)

Do you really want 133 new characters? Can you chose just one. And one that will not piss off fans in one way or another?

They could always give us a generic Black Mage. :D

Hell, why not include a generic Red Mage, White Mage, Fighter, Black Belt, & Thief, too?

Simon, Trevor, Justin, Julius, and whatnot Belmonts. Then there is Alucard (playable in 3 games.) Soma (playable in 2) All valid additions.

What about Bass... Protoman... Lots of choices... I would go with Megaman simply because the slide is better than the dash, but it's an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

(Ok, Cloud would work... Except Squall/Leon has been in as many games... Vincent too... Slippery slope my friend, slippery slope...)

It is a slippery one, but tell me this, if you were a Konami/Capcom/SE rep and you had to choose ONE character to represent the entire Castlevania/Megaman/FF franchise which one would you choose, if they told you you had to satisfy the maximum number of people you could with that choice? The only one who I see having trouble would be the Konami one, since Castlevania's main hero has shifted quite a lot. I'm betting they'd still go for Simon.

Even though I'm sure there are people who love Big the Cat, I'm sure of what Sega would choose if they had to decide between making a hit sonic game or a hit big the cat game. It's all about how many people you satisfy. Personally, I didn't like the fact that Wario wasn't on Melee, but I'm sure many people didn't mind. I did, because I'm a Wario fan.

Anyway, this is just my opinion, I'm sure that we are going to get a Castlevania character in the game, but I don't see any other 3rd party characters in it...

Why Square-Enix should not put a character in SSBB:

When you think square, you think what?

Final Fantasy.

Each final fantasy, starting from 4, has had a cast of very unique characters. Each character had personalities, moves, and unique traits that made them be loved by everyone (well almost...). From FF4's cast of 10-12 characters to FF6 cast of 18 characters, you already have an issue. The smallest cast was FF5 with 5 characters.

So far, with only the snes generation, we are over 35 potential characters.

FF7 had 7 characters, FF8 had 9, FF9 had 8, FF10 had at least 6, FFX2 as well.

Without including FF11 or 12, we are up to 71 characters. Now, throw in the 1 character from FFMQ, we are up to 72.

But wait, 6 people in CT: 78. A conservative estimate would say there were 15 people in CC. 93. Might as well throw in Secret of Mana 96, Secret of Evermore 97 (the dog does not count.) Seiken detsentsu 3, 103.

Now for villains: At least 2 from each game I named have some form of fan base: 14 games, 28 villains (it's an average, I know). 131.

Oh, I forgot Geno and Mallow:

Hmmm... 133 potential characters. From 15 games...

Oh and it's Square Enix...Enix also has some good characters.

The truth is that any one of these 133 characters would make a great addition to SSBB. It's rather easy actually, any videogame character can make one. Mr. Game and Watch proved it. So what can they do? Whatever they do they will piss off some of their fans.

SSBB works a lot better if you take specific characters from reoccuring games. (I know, Pit... but still)... Can you name me one character from Square Enix that has been part of a successful series of games and that has remained the same all through it?

Is there one character from any Final Fantasies that has the same portfolio as Link?

Disclaimer: I know that some characters, namely Pit, Ness, or Dr. Mario, have had a smaller exposure. For a Nintendo character to be on this game is not as complicated as getting Snake or Crono involved. I say that the characters from nintendo can avoid the game series limitation simply because of the specific fan demands. Nintendo does not own a great deal of ongoing series. In a game like SSBB, they include characters from various sources simply because it is a nostalgic throwback. And I guess a one shot character that has gotten a great fan response should be, in all logic, concidered as well. I just think that there aren't that many "Pit"s that still have fans asking for a sequel 20 years after the original.

I'm not sure what your logic is here...is it that if they let one Square-Enix, Castlevania, or Megaman character in they'd have to let them all in? I'm assuming you're actually saying something like if they let one in, people would get pissed cuz they didn't put their favorite character in too. I dunno man, that still doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just being naive, but I'd think that a fan of FF, Castlevania, or Megaman games would be glad to just have one character representing their favorite series in SSBB and not be bitchy about not having "Cloud" or "Zero" in it. I guess it's all kind of a moot point anyhow, seeing as how companies like Square-Enix might not even be willing to whore out their characters :P .

There is also Ninja, Berserker, Samurai, Dragoon, Archer, Bard, Chemist, Geomancer, Dancer, Blue Mage, Time Mage, Ranger, Summoner, and Mimic...

Now there is a good fighter idea: All the classes of FF5.

I can't wait till FF5 comes to GBA.

I wouldn't like to think of super smash bros of a title where they will put a lot of third party characters. Snake was ok, it was a good surprise and its a kickass character. But I would like to see only 1 more third party character, I think putting a lot of other non-nintendo stuff in it would break the magic. I know that the director, being the genious he is, wouldn't let this happen so I'd say, don't keep your hopes up for seeing a lot of third party characters in brawl.

i vote to add sir nuts to the Brawl lineup. His BOOM attacks would only be rivaled by his TISS attacks.

sir nuts main A combo:

wait for it

here it comes

BOOM BOOM TISS!

i vote to add sir nuts to the Brawl lineup. His BOOM attacks would only be rivaled by his TISS attacks.

No silly. That would be a combo attack like Marth or Roy when you hit the B button at the correct intervals: BOOM-TISS-BOOM-TISS-BOOM-TISS-BOOM-SSSSMMMAASSSHHHH!

EDIT--Now that I think about it, that would be pretty sweet! Someone write to Nintendo! :D