Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Why would they bother putting tons of third party characters in Brawl when there are SO MANY MORE NINTENDO CHARACTERS? I mean, seriously, they could use any of at least a dozen Fire Emblem characters now that it has become more popular, they can use more Earthbound characters (maybe even Mother 3 characters), and they've already added 5 new characters. They've also introduced 2 new franchises which will likely see a character in Brawl (Disaster and Project H.A.M.M.E.R.). How many characters do you people want?

P.S. I like the sir nuts idea though ;).

That's arguably the best fake character select screen out there. I can't think of anyone missing that I can't live without, although there are some I'd rather not see as playable characters (Tingle, three AW generals, Olimar, and Pacman to be specific).

My hopes on SSB:B is that they will put Sonic in it. It would make my year.

Sonic + Samus + Snake = My favorite VG characters of all time.

Alot of people are hoping for this. I'd assume the producers would at least try to get Sonic & co. into SSBB, given their popularity and a final answer to the tireless argument of who would win in a fight, Mario or Sonic -- it would be an addition with alot of popularity attatched to it. However, it seems to me that they would've announced it by now had anything gone through.

Keep hoping though, you never know.

My hopes still lie in MegaMan. And if he actually gets to be in the game, I hope it's the NES version of him. X was only cool in the first game. If he's not a main character, he could be a semi-clone to Samus. Mostly because of the chargeable Buster.

Is there one character from any Final Fantasies that has the same portfolio as Link?

I call him. Cid.

and chocobos and moogles. SSBB with a moogle.

That's kind of true. Not about Cid, since he's been different in every game, but with Moogles... They have always been Moogles. They would probaby fit perfectly in the game aswell.

However, it seems to me that they would've announced it by now had anything gone through.

Then Nintendo would have revealed their hand far too soon. If they announced Sonic now, how could they top it?

That, and I think Nintendo would have him as a Hidden character; not even hinting his existence untill the game is released.

Is there one character from any Final Fantasies that has the same portfolio as Link?

I call him. Cid.

and chocobos and moogles. SSBB with a moogle.

That's kind of true. Not about Cid, since he's been different in every game, but with Moogles... They have always been Moogles.

Not in games where there were Mogs.

modifiedwii.jpg

I can definitely see them putting in Deoxys. It just seems like something they'd do.

Cloud's been in FFVII, AC, BC, and DC, plus KH I, CoM, and II, and will probably make some kind of an appearance in CC. Admittedly, most of those are side stories set in the same universe, but he's one of like two or three Square characters that has a wide enough recognition and fanbase to make it worth the effort; his special moves are clearly defined from the Limit Break system, and it'd bring a bunch of hardcore Square fans previously uninterested in getting a Wii to the table. Whether you like Cloud or hate him, the only thing he does better than chopping people up is selling things. And you just know that if Cloud made it into SSBB, Sephiroth would come with him. Squall's the only other protagonist suitable for inclusion in the series, though it'd be controversial because FFVIII isn't as well-liked.

Plus, I'd kind of like to see Sony taken down a couple of pegs by having one of their iconic system-selling heroes appear somewhere else. Never was a fan of their business practices.

Cid can't count; each Cid is completely and totally different, and only a few are playable in any capacity. Mog was a playable fighter in FFVI; his Dance moveset could make a great Game-And-Watch type addition. Everyone loves Mogs, and the Chocobo theme is easy to appropriate into a victory theme, though they could just use the standard victory theme.

If Mega Man gets in, I hope it's X, and if it's X, I hope he brings Zero with him. But if I actually entered in all the ideas I've had for the game, I'd spend probably an entire day doing nothing but typing shit and translating it into Japanese.

One thing I've noticed is how a lot of the suggested character additions don't have ready-made musical themes that fans will instantly identify with that character. Sonic and his entourage are possibly the only characters which escape this. And yes, I know Sephiroth has One-Winged Angel, but I'd actually prefer it if they didn't use that under the music-variation conditions. It isn't suited to being an ordinary stage theme, just like Duel of the Fates doesn't work for random back-alley brawls with Jabba's hired goons. It would fit much better in a scenario mission, and the last phrase of the Reunion Tracks version could easily function as his victory theme, but god, it shouldn't be reduced to simple stage music.

That reminds me of something; I'd always said that Simon Belmont should get in, now that we have another Konami character, but what song should represent him? I'm thinking either Bloody Tears or Vampire Killer.

That reminds me of something; I'd always said that Simon Belmont should get in, now that we have another Konami character, but what song should represent him? I'm thinking either Bloody Tears or Vampire Killer.

Both are absolutely great songs and I would love to see them redone by the music team onboard with SSB:B, but for me it all depends on the level design. I wouldn't mind seeing the town theme from Simon's Quest if the level was in town. The level could turn from day to night and vice versa, with night-time bringing zombies to damage players and day-time bringing... garlic? I don't know. But if that level design ever came to pass, I'd like to see the music change appropriately, too.

However, I wouldn't argue one bit if Bloody Tears or Vampire Killer made the cut. Love those songs.

One thing I've noticed is how a lot of the suggested character additions don't have ready-made musical themes that fans will instantly identify with that character. Sonic and his entourage are possibly the only characters which escape this. And yes, I know Sephiroth has One-Winged Angel, but I'd actually prefer it if they didn't use that under the music-variation conditions.

I think the AC version of One Winged Angel would make great stage music.

The pace and beat would be nice to play to.

That being said, I don't think Sephiroth or Cloud should be put in.

I'm fairly accepting when it comes to new characters but they just don't seem right for the game.

Snake I can see and look forward to using, but I just can't picture those two.

Dude i am sorry, i read like halfway through page 3 and then i saw i had around 30 left to go. As for me, I used to take smash, both original (during its day) and then melee, so seriously. Like I'm totally about fair fights, so i always play with items set on None, and only on Final Destination. I considering it the fairest level, no one has the advantage of a platform, being above or below someone, its just a flat arena. Favorite characters are Falco, and then Young Link. I love how high Falco jumps. I remember back in the day when i played original and i had never seen SSBM, I literally could not understand how ssbm could be so much faster, or with better graphics. I got ssbm and that was the first time i had ever seen it. After playing a couple of months, i went back to original for a match, and all i saw were these huge block figures for characters compared to GC version. i dont know how i had never seen it before. I used to practice by playing against 3 lvl 9's teamed against me, no friendly fire, and following my rules (final destination, no items) it could get kinda tricky. Also, when a person is trying to get back on stage, i consider not letting him back on "cheap" (i know its part of the game and all, its just my opinion and i respect people who do it just the same) Problem is, i never got to the peak of my abilities i know because i was only able to take on 3 Roys against me. Players with projectiles can be too hard when its 3 teamed against you. I was never able to beat all star mode on very hard with 3 lives and no continues. One time i got to the last match, turns out it was ice climbers, falco and someone else like jiggly or something. Problem was that it was on Venom and thats my most hated level so i got totally owned. I almost threw away the gamecube i got so stressed out. I managed to get all trophies cept 2 of em. One of em was the all star mode trophy when you beat it on hard or very hard no continues, (i refuse to get it off hard) and the other was when you get the all the.. award things like (smash king, or Cliffhanger, or immortal) im missing a couple but im not sure which. i think thats 280 trophies or 279. Im not bragging with what i say but smash used to be a passion so im just letting totally loose on this. I think it would be totally awesome to be able to play online, and meet the best players. Some people say im good, i cant even imagine what a "world champ" of smash would be like, Dodging every single hit.. i dunno i wanna find out with wii :) Also maybe they should put in figures from Castlevania, like Simon or something, that might be fun, maybe a whip grab kinda like bowsers side B move, i dunno, nintendo can figure it out :P Either way, really sorry for the essay, Ill be on 24/7 when online comes out :D

Dude i am sorry, i read like halfway through page 3 and then i saw i had around 30 left to go. As for me, I used to take smash, both original (during its day) and then melee, so seriously. Like I'm totally about fair fights, so i always play with items set on None, and only on Final Destination. I considering it the fairest level, no one has the advantage of a platform, being above or below someone, its just a flat arena. Favorite characters are Falco, and then Young Link. I love how high Falco jumps. I remember back in the day when i played original and i had never seen SSBM, I literally could not understand how ssbm could be so much faster, or with better graphics. I got ssbm and that was the first time i had ever seen it. After playing a couple of months, i went back to original for a match, and all i saw were these huge block figures for characters compared to GC version. i dont know how i had never seen it before. I used to practice by playing against 3 lvl 9's teamed against me, no friendly fire, and following my rules (final destination, no items) it could get kinda tricky. Also, when a person is trying to get back on stage, i consider not letting him back on "cheap" (i know its part of the game and all, its just my opinion and i respect people who do it just the same) Problem is, i never got to the peak of my abilities i know because i was only able to take on 3 Roys against me. Players with projectiles can be too hard when its 3 teamed against you. I was never able to beat all star mode on very hard with 3 lives and no continues. One time i got to the last match, turns out it was ice climbers, falco and someone else like jiggly or something. Problem was that it was on Venom and thats my most hated level so i got totally owned. I almost threw away the gamecube i got so stressed out. I managed to get all trophies cept 2 of em. One of em was the all star mode trophy when you beat it on hard or very hard no continues, (i refuse to get it off hard) and the other was when you get the all the.. award things like (smash king, or Cliffhanger, or immortal) im missing a couple but im not sure which. i think thats 280 trophies or 279. Im not bragging with what i say but smash used to be a passion so im just letting totally loose on this. I think it would be totally awesome to be able to play online, and meet the best players. Some people say im good, i cant even imagine what a "world champ" of smash would be like, Dodging every single hit.. i dunno i wanna find out with wii :) Also maybe they should put in figures from Castlevania, like Simon or something, that might be fun, maybe a whip grab kinda like bowsers side B move, i dunno, nintendo can figure it out :P Either way, really sorry for the essay, Ill be on 24/7 when online comes out :D

Holy. Freakin. Crap.

Paragraphs man, paragraphs.

And welcome.