Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'm pretty excited about Pit and MetaKnight more than Snake and Zero Samus. Pit just looks like he'll be a lot of fun to play. And the Kid Icarus stage is sure to be cool too!

I definitely agree, but I'm really interested in seeing how Snake plays (I've never really played much MGS, so I dunno much about Snake in general :P). Zero Suit Samus doesn't interest me as much, but I like that they'll have at least a 2nd option if someone wants to play a Metroid character (yeah, I know, same person but prob different play mechanics). As much as I'd like some other Metroid character to be in there (like Ridley) but I unfortunately don't see that working too well (he's gonna be quite a bit bigger than Bowser, so...). Ah well...I bet whoever that other character in Metroid Prime 3's trailer will be playable too.

I'm pretty excited about Pit and MetaKnight more than Snake and Zero Samus. Pit just looks like he'll be a lot of fun to play. And the Kid Icarus stage is sure to be cool too!

I definitely agree, but I'm really interested in seeing how Snake plays (I've never really played much MGS, so I dunno much about Snake in general :P). Zero Suit Samus doesn't interest me as much, but I like that they'll have at least a 2nd option if someone wants to play a Metroid character (yeah, I know, same person but prob different play mechanics). As much as I'd like some other Metroid character to be in there (like Ridley) but I unfortunately don't see that working too well (he's gonna be quite a bit bigger than Bowser, so...). Ah well...I bet whoever that other character in Metroid Prime 3's trailer will be playable too.

Snake's B+Down is either throwing C4, ducking in the cardboard box or using the invisibility cloak (not the late harry potter one, the full suit cool one).

Ridley would be excellent. That's one character that unquestionably belongs in SSBB.

I think the cardboard box will make Snake invisible, or invincible. Maybe it's his shield. One of those three. You can count on it.

What does the cardboard box DO in-game?

In-game, the cardboard acts as a portable hiding place. Being followed by guards?No biggie, pop one of these out in an empty storage room and watch the guards go crazy looking for you! It's also a private joke of sorts. Basically, if you moved while they weren't looking, it would be very tough for them to find you.

In-game, the cardboard acts as a portable hiding place. Being followed by guards?No biggie, pop one of these out in an empty storage room and watch the guards go crazy looking for you! It's also a private joke of sorts. Basically, if you moved while they weren't looking, it would be very tough for them to find you.

Oh is that what he meant by what does it do? I thought everyone knew that.

Oh is that what he meant by what does it do? I thought everyone knew that.

Yes, that's what I meant. I have never played any MGS game, so I didn't understand the joke, even though I knew there was one.

Actually, didnt Konami make their own bralwer? I forgot the name, but it included:

Optimus Prime, Barbie, Bomberman, the wolf from Bloody Roar, Castlevania Chronicles Simon Belmont, Some other characters, and Solid Snake.

I'll try to put up a link if I can find it.

Perhaps your thinking of Ehrgeiz?

So what could be the Snake's "Taunt" in SSBB ? :P

He takes a puff of a cig.

I'm pretty sure that's it. And there's probably an extended version, like Fox's and Falco's special taunt, where he has a codec conversation with Otacon and the such.

I'm pretty sure that's it. And there's probably an extended version, like Fox's and Falco's special taunt, where he has a codec conversation with Otacon and the such.

I doubt nintendo would allow smoking.

A big part of thier fan base are children remember.

This question is for those people here who have actually played MGS.

Bit of trivia: The cardboard box actually made it's first appearance in Metal Gear (NES) where it was used to sneak by surveillance cameras unnoticed. Always struck me as a bit humorous since a moving cardboard box seems like it would draw at least a little bit of attention. :wink:

[edit]

Bear in mind however, that Melee was rated Teen. If the same holds true for Brawl (which it likely will), it wouldn't be out of the question.

Yes and no...

Firstly, they might just do to his cig what Kingdom Hearts did to Cid's cig.

Secondly, you're forgetting that much of Nintendo's loyal fanbase was 7-12 back when the NES came out. That could make them as old as 33... not quite children anymore. This large non-kid fanbase was part of the reason their marketing strategy for the Gamecube was aimed at a younger generation.

Yes and no...

Secondly, you're forgetting that much of Nintendo's loyal fanbase was 7-12 back when the NES came out. That could make them as old as 33... not quite children anymore. This large non-kid fanbase was part of the reason their marketing strategy for the Gamecube was aimed at a younger generation.

Even better. Snake looks all cool and stuff, but about 10% of the times he taunts, he chokes , loses the cigarette and coughs. Message got through clear and ninty is still kid friendly.

Yes and no...

Even better. Snake looks all cool and stuff, but about 10% of the times he taunts, he chokes , loses the cigarette and coughs. Message got through clear and ninty is still kid friendly.

Ha. Nice. It would be even better if he lit one up, filled the board with smoke, and gave everybody cancer. "Don't smoke kids!"

Dammit I need to quit smoking.

Yes and no...

Ha. Nice. It would be even better if he lit one up, filled the board with smoke, and gave everybody cancer. "Don't smoke kids!"

In the Gameboy version of Metal Gear Solid they changed the name of Snake's smokes to "foggers," at Nintendo's request. Perhaps in SSBB he'll pull out a fogger, not a cigarette...?

Yes and no...

In the Gameboy version of Metal Gear Solid they changed the name of Snake's smokes to "foggers," at Nintendo's request. Perhaps in SSBB he'll pull out a fogger, not a cigarette...?

Game Boy version of Metal Gear Solid... What?

Is there one character from any Final Fantasies that has the same portfolio as Link?

Cloud's been in FFVII, AC, BC, and DC, plus KH I, CoM, and II, and will probably make some kind of an appearance in CC.

See also: Chocobo Racing, FFT, Itagaki Street Special, Ehrgeiz.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out. <_<

EDIT: He's also in Last Order, and a sprite of him appears in the loading screen for the PSX version of FFV.

Link was the main character in

LoZ

LoZ LA

LoZ LttP

LoZ LAwakening

LoZ OoT

LoZ MM

LoZ OoA

LoZ OoS

LoZ 4S

LoZ 4SA

LoZ WW

and one of the 3 CD-I zeldas.

And even time wise, Link has existed for over 20 years. He has gained a ton of abilities, and he has participated in countless adventures.

Cloud was the main character in one game, and a plot device/accessory in some others.

And he only existed for what? 10 years tops?

Link was the main character in

LoZ

LoZ LA

LoZ LttP

LoZ LAwakening

LoZ OoT

LoZ MM

LoZ OoA

LoZ OoS

LoZ 4S

LoZ 4SA

LoZ WW

and one of the 3 CD-I zeldas.

And even time wise, Link has existed for over 20 years. He has gained a ton of abilities, and he has participated in countless adventures.

Cloud was the main character in one game, and a plot device/accessory in some others.

And he only existed for what? 10 years tops?

Cloud got pwnt by Link