Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Actually, didnt Konami make their own bralwer? I forgot the name, but it included:

Optimus Prime, Barbie, Bomberman, the wolf from Bloody Roar, Castlevania Chronicles Simon Belmont, Some other characters, and Solid Snake.

I'll try to put up a link if I can find it.

Perhaps your thinking of Ehrgeiz?

Your thinking Square's game. He said Konami's. Big big difference.

Hudsonsoft made Dream Mix TV World Fighters starring asome Konami characters. Here's the link.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game092203f.htm

Come to think of it...this was mentioned and I think even linked earlier in the thread wasn't it? Not being rude just saying.

Link was the main character in

LoZ

LoZ LA

LoZ LttP

LoZ LAwakening

LoZ OoT

LoZ MM

LoZ OoA

LoZ OoS

LoZ 4S

LoZ 4SA

LoZ WW

and one of the 3 CD-I zeldas.

And even time wise, Link has existed for over 20 years. He has gained a ton of abilities, and he has participated in countless adventures.

Cloud was the main character in one game, and a plot device/accessory in some others.

And he only existed for what? 10 years tops?

Cloud got pwnt by Link

you forgot Zelda 2 whatever that was subtitled

Link was the main character in

LoZ

LoZ LA

LoZ LttP

LoZ LAwakening

LoZ OoT

LoZ MM

LoZ OoA

LoZ OoS

LoZ 4S

LoZ 4SA

LoZ WW

and one of the 3 CD-I zeldas.

And even time wise, Link has existed for over 20 years. He has gained a ton of abilities, and he has participated in countless adventures.

Cloud was the main character in one game, and a plot device/accessory in some others.

And he only existed for what? 10 years tops?

Cloud got pwnt by Link

you forgot Zelda 2 whatever that was subtitled

Do you see the first "LoZ: LA"

That stands for link's adventure

Playing as Tom Nook would be very interesting, but I am not sure if I could exactly call him fighter material. Unless of course he got really pissed about you not paying your loan...

I don't think we will see Nook as a fighter in SSBB. Maybe he could run a store where you can buy costumes and stuff. Actually that might be a pretty cool idea...

Playing as Tom Nook would be very interesting, but I am not sure if I could exactly call him fighter material. Unless of course he got really pissed about you not paying your loan...

I don't think we will see Nook as a fighter in SSBB. Maybe he could run a store where you can buy costumes and stuff. Actually that might be a pretty cool idea...

Haha, I agree. There are plenty of thing Nook could use... axes, slingshots, shovels, etc. They could make a creative moveset for him and I would love to brawl in a serene little AC town. :twisted:

..Oh and his specail sale day balloons make a good triple jump...

That gives me another idea. What if one of the items was a pitfall seed? Pitfall seeds can be buried in the ground and when they are they look like a fossil, but if you step over it you fall into a hole and are stuck there until you press a or something over and over again.

The same type of thing could happen in SSBB. You get the pitfall seed and then throw it down to make a trap. There would be some small indication that it's there so that it would be somewhat avoidable. Then if someone steps over it they would fall in and would have to press a button over and over again to get out. While stuck another fighter could come up and start beating the crap out of him.

Sounds pretty cool to me. :D

That gives me another idea. What if one of the items was a pitfall seed? Pitfall seeds can be buried in the ground and when they are they look like a fossil, but if you step over it you fall into a hole and are stuck there until you press a or something over and over again.

The same type of thing could happen in SSBB. You get the pitfall seed and then throw it down to make a trap. There would be some small indication that it's there so that it would be somewhat avoidable. Then if someone steps over it they would fall in and would have to press a button over and over again to get out. While stuck another fighter could come up and start beating the crap out of him.

That might also be a nice Down + B attack for Nook himself. Have him set a pitfall down as a trap. He could only lay one at a time and those who stepped on it would be temporarily immobilized a la the results of DK's side + B Head Smash.

...Just a thought.

Oh, and RIDLEY MUST BE PLAYABLE! PLEASE!

Although id like to see what MIssingo would do >)

Probably freeze the game when trying to select him as a character. :wink:

Was Missingno ever given a tangible form? If I recall, he was a mess of pixels that occasionally would randomly evolve into Kangaskhan.

Well, at least we know what moves he'd use. He came with two (yes, two) Water Gun attacks and Pound...

...Not too exciting...

That might also be a nice Down + B attack for Nook himself. Have him set a pitfall down as a trap. He could only lay one at a time and those who stepped on it would be temporarily immobilized a la the results of DK's side + B Head Smash.

...Just a thought.

That might get a little crazy unless they made some way to control it. If Nook could throw down as many seeds as he wanted to things would get pretty annoying and dumb. Maybe if he could only throw down one at a time it would work, but still that sounds a little cheap. I still think it would work better as an item.

That way it wouldn't be available all the time and would be less likely to become very cheap.

...Just a thought.

That might get a little crazy unless they made some way to control it. If Nook could throw down as many seeds as he wanted to things would get pretty annoying and dumb. Maybe if he could only throw down one at a time it would work, but still that sounds a little cheap. I still think it would work better as an item.

That way it wouldn't be available all the time and would be less likely to become very cheap.

You're probably right. Though I'd very much like to see the Pitfall exclusively available to Nook, it'd probably be best as simply an item...

Stage Ideas!

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was some kind of underwater level? If not that at least one where at some points the level was above ground and at others it was below. It would make for an interesting game because things would be slower.

Another cool level would be one where you have to run from lava while fighthing people. It could get pretty intense.

Stage Ideas!

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was some kind of underwater level? If not that at least one where at some points the level was above ground and at others it was below. It would make for an interesting game because things would be slower.

Another cool level would be one where you have to run from lava while fighthing people. It could get pretty intense.

I like it. Lava level reminds me of Neo Star from Kirby 64, complete with impending wall of molten doom. I hope to see many stages from each franchise, and don't make half the stages from Mario games! Augh!

I still say a Dr. Mario or Tetris level would be awesome. Play in a jar with falling pills or in a column of Tetris bolcks where the only way to die is up or down. Very cool...

Stage Ideas!

I like it. Lava level reminds me of Neo Star from Kirby 64, complete with impending wall of molten doom. I hope to see many stages from each franchise, and don't make half the stages from Mario games! Augh!

I still say a Dr. Mario or Tetris level would be awesome. Play in a jar with falling pills or in a column of Tetris bolcks where the only way to die is up or down. Very cool...

Heh, I've thought about a Tetris stage too. How about a narrow jar where you could only die by going up? It would have Tetriminoes falling during the battle. If you attack or are knocked into one, it rotates and moves in the direction you hit it. You would be able to manipulate them to get lines and everything. They would also act as walls to keep you in the arena. It'd also have the scoreboards and level indicators. Every 10 lines, the level increases and it speeds up a little bit. If the screen overflows or all lines are cleared, the speed resets. Dunno if it should effect the terrain, though. Maybe they settle in the backround or something. It could get awfully cramped if things build up.

Just an idea. It'd be neat to battle with that old Tetris theme in the backround.

Also, I hope they bring back the crowds and intro's from the first game. The crowd in Melee sounded so disinterested compared to the one in SSB. I want me a louder crowd! I liked those intro's that every character had, too. Mario coming outta the warp pipe, Fox's Arwing, Pikachu's Pokeball....those need to return. Imagine Snake entering the stage from under his box! XD Awesome.

Speaking of Snake, what would his stage MUSIC be? I've always been partial to the Outside theme from the NES Metal Gear, but the intro music to MGS2 would be good, too. As for the stage itself, someone suggested a scrolling stage on a Metal Gear a while back. I think they should dump the scrolling stages altogether, personally. They increase the odds of self-destructs too much, and that ruins the battles, IMO. Nothings more annoying than getting knocked into the road in Big Blue and being completely helpless.

Still, it's hard to think of a good Metal Gear stage...Maybe on Metal Gear Rex's head, ala the battle with Liquid Snake in MGS1? That's the only other thing that really comes to mind. I need to play more Metal Gear. :P

As for Snakes Taunt, he should take a puff of a cig, then flick it away all cowboy style. If it hits someone, it's like Luigi's kick Taunt. Also, it should inflict a slight amount of damage to Snake, as well.

I think they should dump the scrolling stages altogether, personally. They increase the odds of self-destructs too much, and that ruins the battles, IMO. Nothings more annoying than getting knocked into the road in Big Blue and being completely helpless.
When your knocked into the road in Big Blue it's possible to jump up before you get killed.

Really I don't think they should be done away with compeletely because they can provide a good challenge. You have to keep moving with the level while fighting. If your skilled enough you should be able to do both without getting caught by traps. Of course that doesn't mean that the level won't kill you occaisonally, because it will.

There will always be plenty of non-scrolling levels for you to choose from if you don't like playing on scrolling ones. ;)

Its gonna be awsome to be able to play all of you guys online when it finially arives, Will it be a launch title?

Unfortunately, no. It's slated for TBA 2007. Hopefully it's atleast first half, though. I don't think I can wait til September '07. 8O

I love the scrolling stages. Stages like Big Blue and Poke Floats are so cool and the action is really intense when the stage is part of the challenge. It just makes the battle even more interesting. Think about it. If you want to create a truly dramatic scene, what do you do? Place the characters in as much peril as possible, and what's more perilous than fighting on top of racing hovercrafts at breakneck speeds? Have you seen The Matrix Reloaded? Isn't the highway fight scene freakin awesome?

I love the scrolling stages. Stages like Big Blue and Poke Floats are so cool and the action is really intense when the stage is part of the challenge. It just makes the battle even more interesting. Think about it. If you want to create a truly dramatic scene, what do you do? Place the characters in as much peril as possible, and what's more perilous than fighting on top of racing hovercrafts at breakneck speeds? Have you seen The Matrix Reloaded? Isn't the highway fight scene freakin awesome?

Bah, I dunno. I'm just not a fan of having to fight the stages, too. It's just more satisfying to beat them man to man, no items, no cheap deaths.

Then again, My PvP experience with the game is limited to my brother. I've never really played the game competitively before.

By the way, what exactly are the generally accepted character tiers for SSBM? My best characters seem to be Roy, Fox, and Donkey Kong.

Then again, My PvP experience with the game is limited to my brother. I've never really played the game competitively before.

That may be the reason you don't like them very much. If your brother isn't very good at stages like that then it must be pretty boring playing on them.

Of course the Wii version will be much different, you will be able to play online. Maybe after you get a dose of skilled competition you will learn to like them. Maybe, thats just me theorizing... you might just not like them at all regardless who you play with.

That may be the reason you don't like them very much. If your brother isn't very good at stages like that then it must be pretty boring playing on them.

Of course the Wii version will be much different, you will be able to play online. Maybe after you get a dose of skilled competition you will learn to like them. Maybe, thats just me theorizing... you might just not like them at all regardless who you play with.

Actually, my brother's better than I am all around. We both hate them. He's good with Mewtwo, Bowser, and Marth.

But you're probably right. The AI tends to really suck at scrolling stages. That's probably why Hyrule Temple's my favorite stage. You can pile up massive amounts of damage at the bottom level there. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I once got over 700% damage ther with Ganondorf, with no alterations to the damage percentage. Crazy stuff.