Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I can't wait to get my ass beat in online SSB! I'm pretty good, but I know there are people out there who spend a hell of a lot of time training way more than I do! I know there are people on this forum right now who look at the stats in my sig and say "Pfft! That's it?"

Tourneytards? In my SSB?

I just wish a lot of people play item-enables matches online so I can win via a fluke.

Heh. I know I am going to get owned for a long time. Sadly I don't own any of the Super Smash Brothers games, but I have played them alot.

Recently my friends and I have started to play the original SSB again. I get beat every time :P

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I once got over 700% damage ther with Ganondorf, with no alterations to the damage percentage. Crazy stuff.
8O

Heh. I know I am going to get owned for a long time. Sadly I don't own any of the Super Smash Brothers games, but I have played them alot.

Recently my friends and I have started to play the original SSB again. I get beat every time :P

I don't own the game either. The only reason I didn't buy it was because my friend had it, and I unlocked a lot of things for him and I didn't want to do it again. I usually beat my friend after a few warm up rounds though. Marth is awesome :D

I can't wait to get my ass beat in online SSB! I'm pretty good, but I know there are people out there who spend a hell of a lot of time training way more than I do! I know there are people on this forum right now who look at the stats in my sig and say "Pfft! That's it?"

Tourneytards? In my SSB?

I just wish a lot of people play item-enables matches online so I can win via a fluke.

I like playing both ways. Items just make the game fun, but no items can really make the game into a serious fighter. Anyways, whatever way, I'll have fun playing it.

Its gonna be awsome to be able to play all of you guys online when it finially arives, Will it be a launch title?

Unfortunately, no. It's slated for TBA 2007. Hopefully it's atleast first half, though. I don't think I can wait til September '07. 8O

WHAT!!! 07 i am going to have responsibalties................. which means no time to spend days of SSBB... it must be s joke..... its realy a launch game. yeha thats it a launch title.... just keep saing it Launch title. sounds nice dont it.

Its gonna be awsome to be able to play all of you guys online when it finially arives, Will it be a launch title?

Unfortunately, no. It's slated for TBA 2007. Hopefully it's atleast first half, though. I don't think I can wait til September '07. 8O

WHAT!!! 07 i am going to have responsibalties................. which means no time to spend days of SSBB... it must be s joke..... its realy a launch game. yeha thats it a launch title.... just keep saing it Launch title. sounds nice dont it.

Well, you can keep dreaming. :wink:

I love the scrolling stages. Stages like Big Blue and Poke Floats are so cool and the action is really intense when the stage is part of the challenge. It just makes the battle even more interesting. Think about it. If you want to create a truly dramatic scene, what do you do? Place the characters in as much peril as possible, and what's more perilous than fighting on top of racing hovercrafts at breakneck speeds? Have you seen The Matrix Reloaded? Isn't the highway fight scene freakin awesome?

Bah, I dunno. I'm just not a fan of having to fight the stages, too. It's just more satisfying to beat them man to man, no items, no cheap deaths.

Then again, My PvP experience with the game is limited to my brother. I've never really played the game competitively before.

By the way, what exactly are the generally accepted character tiers for SSBM? My best characters seem to be Roy, Fox, and Donkey Kong.

This is the most recent tier list I could find (source: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=50171&page=1)

Top:

Sheik

Fox

Marth

Upper:

Peach

Falco

C. Falcon

Samus

High:

Jigglypuff

Dr. Mario

Ganondorf

Mario

Ice Climbers

Mid:

Luigi

Link

Roy

DK

Pikachu

Zelda

Low:

Ness

Young Link

Yoshi

Kirby

Mr. Game & Watch

Bowser

Bottom:

Mewtwo

Pichu

Top:

Sheik

Fox

Marth

Upper:

Peach

Falco

C. Falcon

Samus

High:

Jigglypuff

Dr. Mario

Ganondorf

Mario

Ice Climbers

Mid:

Luigi

Link

Roy

DK

Pikachu

Zelda

Low:

Ness

Young Link

Yoshi

Kirby

Mr. Game & Watch

Bowser

Bottom:

Mewtwo

Pichu

Bold is my best characters, Italic is my brother's. How the hell is Falcon better than Ganondorf? And Jigglypuff on the High Tier?! And how the hell is Mewtwo on the lowest tier with Pichu? You should see my brother use him. He's crazy-good with Mewtwo.

Oi. Maybe I'm missing something here.

I can't wait to get my ass beat in online SSB!
Heh. I know I am going to get owned for a long time.

Wow... I've got to say that I am going to have lots of fun owning everyone here, once SSBB goes online.

And Jigglypuff on the High Tier?!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5295353616970642959&q=DBR

Educate yourself.

I used to be that good with Jigglypuff, but then no-one would ever play me. I'm not that ruthless though, it's just not my style. Now, I almost exclusively use Samus; but I'm decent with pretty much every character.

Top:

Sheik

Fox

Marth

Upper:

Peach

Falco

C. Falcon

Samus

High:

Jigglypuff

Dr. Mario

Ganondorf

Mario

Ice Climbers

Mid:

Luigi

Link

Roy

DK

Pikachu

Zelda

Low:

Ness

Young Link

Yoshi

Kirby

Mr. Game & Watch

Bowser

Bottom:

Mewtwo

Pichu

Bold is my best characters, Italic is my brother's. How the hell is Falcon better than Ganondorf? And Jigglypuff on the High Tier?! And how the hell is Mewtwo on the lowest tier with Pichu? You should see my brother use him. He's crazy-good with Mewtwo.

Oi. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Personally, I hate the whole tier thing. Yeah, maybe certain characters are a hair easier to use than others once you master them, but these differences are minute.

Personally, I find that SSB is so much more fun when you're not ultra-competitive. When you've sat down to rank the characters in such a balanced game, you've lost the purpose of it.

Top:

Sheik

Fox

Marth

Upper:

Peach

Falco

C. Falcon

Samus

High:

Jigglypuff

Dr. Mario

Ganondorf

Mario

Ice Climbers

Mid:

Luigi

Link

Roy

DK

Pikachu

Zelda

Low:

Ness

Young Link

Yoshi

Kirby

Mr. Game & Watch

Bowser

Bottom:

Mewtwo

Pichu

How the hell is Falcon better than Ganondorf? And Jigglypuff on the High Tier?! And how the hell is Mewtwo on the lowest tier with Pichu? You should see my brother use him. He's crazy-good with Mewtwo.

I can believe it. I think the tiers are broken up into how easy it is to use the characters. Your brother must be very patient if he's as good as you say with mewtwo. I can find that list very believable, if I'm understanding it properly.

If I remember correctly, the tier system is established in Final Destination, without any items.

So, basically, how the game is not meant to be played.

All the items, all the arenas, that is how SSB are supposed to be played.

So what if a pokeball can change the course of a game, anyone can pick it up. Luck and randomness are what make SSB and SSBM great.

If you think a character is advantaged by a stage, find ways to counter it. If a character is too powerful with one item (mewtwo + lightsaber for example) react accordingly.

A true great player does not turn off item, he learns to react to them.

If I remember correctly, the tier system is established in Final Destination, without any items.

So what if a pokeball can change the course of a game, anyone can pick it up. Luck and randomness are what make SSB and SSBM great.

If you think a character is advantaged by a stage, find ways to counter it. If a character is too powerful with one item (mewtwo + lightsaber for example) react accordingly.

QFE

The only time I do this is when I want a match of skill, one that reflects how good a player is with that specific character. It's just to eliminate the chance for my opponents to go OMG DAT WAS LUK!!! That way, he knows I won. I don't think the tier system actually works, because SSBM is one of the most balanced fighters I've ever played. Is mewtwo tough to use? Yeah, but he might be awesome when mastered. Every character has it's ups and downs, and by changing frequently, you get a true feeling of how the game is played, and you know how your opponent will react when using it. Even better, play SSBM the way its meant to be played: TONS OF CHAOS!

ITEMS ON MAX! POKEMON STADIUM! 4 CHARACTERS!

And watch the good times roll.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: without a doubt, one of the best multiplayer games out there.

I'm glad that SSBB won't use the Wiimote. Even though whole new gameplay could be unlocked, I'd hate to have played SSB for so long just to have to relearn how to play the game.

It would have been interesting to see how the Wiimote would have been handled with the game tho.