Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Global-Trance, you go to UCSB? I do, too! I'm a 3rd year. What year are you?

And yea, I agree that there are tiers even though I am not at a high enough level for them to matter.

Fourth year living out in I.V. I'm not graduating this year though due to changing majors three times. PM me if you want to hang out or whatever. Play Smash.

I hope that those Super Attacks Mario, Link and Kirby do in the trailer will depend on that Smash Orb item and that it can be turned off. Otherwise, that could take a lot of skill out of the game... Though those moves DID look awesome.

Captain Obvious says: You're right kiddo! Of course they depend on the orb, and the orb can be turned off in the item selection screen.

There are some pretty strange ideas floating around the intarweb for this game.

I hope to whatever powers that be, most of them don't come to pass.

That being said what do you guys think of adding more computers?

I mean having, say, three human players and instead of just one cpu player, you can have two or three.

I think it would solve the "too much stage/too few people" problem. (ex: Hyrule Temple)

I can fight off a team of 3 lv. 9s fairly easily and if I wanted to play teams with my friend

we could ruin any cpu team thrown our way regardless of handicap. (most times. :wink: )

If you could add more computer players, you could have say a 2 on 4 match

which may even out the cpu's predictability.

I'm not saying add more players.

Nintendo even said that they were having a hard enough time dealing with 4 for online play.

I'm just saying add 2 or 3 more slots strictly for CPUs.

This way, even if you only had the same four people too play with every time,

you could add one or two CPUs to the mix and spice things up.

[/end rant]

I think this was my longest post ever on OCR.

I mean having, say, three human players and instead of just one cpu player, you can have two or three.

I think it would solve the "too much stage/too few people" problem. (ex: Hyrule Temple)

I can fight off a team of 3 lv. 9s fairly easily and if I wanted to play teams with my friend

we could ruin any cpu team thrown our way regardless of handicap. (most times. :wink: )

Nintendo even said that they were having a hard enough time dealing with 4 for online play.

[/end rant]

I've had that problem. I'm pretty good and so's a friend of mine, so playing against 2 level 9 cpu's is pretty easy. Adding 2 slots for cpu players would be a good idea.

Adding Sonic into the fray woulden't.

Argh.

[/end rant]

I've had that problem. I'm pretty good and so's a friend of mine, so playing against 2 level 9 cpu's is pretty easy. Adding 2 slots for cpu players would be a good idea.

Adding Sonic into the fray woulden't.

Argh.

Hey guys sup this is what the handicap slider is for.

Hey guys sup this is what the handicap slider is for.

Hence why I said:

If I wanted to play teams with my friend we could ruin

any cpu team thrown our way regardless of handicap.

you two as pichus on level 1, they two as ganondorfs on level 9?

I don't really see the point of adding many more computuers for SSB. Just like in any fighting game, computers eventually are to be takekn merely as a tool for training or staying sharp. I've seen too many instances of people being amazing at fighting computers but not real people.

I don't really see the point of adding many more computuers for SSB. Just like in any fighting game, computers eventually are to be takekn merely as a tool for training or staying sharp. I've seen too many instances of people being amazing at fighting computers but not real people.

Yes but the fact you and a friend can only battle 2 computers at a time has gotten me annoyed for quite some times.

I want Brawl to be totally costumizable. Totally. I mean, you could have a Pichu Team, each of them spawning with 150% of damage against you and your friend. Like...200 pichus. And you only have 2 lives.

Totally editable.

Agreed, but what about training as a team?

If my friend and I can handle almost any CPU as a team

we need something harder to train against and in the absence

of other smashers, more/harder CPUs are needed.

-edit-

That sounds cool too.

If your team training, your training to fight two human foes; not 8 computer foes. I used to train against two computer foes in lieu of a human opponent, but then I realized that it only really trained my reflexes (unless you plan to fight the Ice Climbers). Its best to train against the number of opponents you are going to fight. Though now that I think of it, SSBM did support four/five CPU foes in certain modes and adventures.

But this fully customizable thing does pique my interest a bit. Being able to unlock the Master Hand for special VS. mode would be amazing. It would probably be best if it had a unique wand-based control scheme though.

But I'm even more interested in better training AIs. When I was learning the game I would have appreciated being able to have the AI concentrate on dodging or spam certain moves. Perhaps even being able to program combos for practicing (come up with a series of inputs that you can replay at a push of the button or have the CPU employ). An example would be programming a computer to use Fox's infinite damage combo to see which characters can get out of it.

But this fully customizable thing does pique my interest a bit. Being able to unlock the Master Hand for special VS. mode would be amazing. It would probably be best if it had a unique wand-based control scheme though.

Holy crap, you're on to something here! Imagine a fight with 2 master hands. Each player with a Wiimote! SLAP SLAP BULLET BULLET! Awesome.

Now see, Castlevania has the same problem:

Simon, Trevor, Justin, Julius, and whatnot Belmonts. Then there is Alucard (playable in 3 games.) Soma (playable in 2) All valid additions.

(I would personally say Simon, since he started it all)

Megaman... Or X? Maybe even Zero, or the Zero games....

What about Bass... Protoman... Lots of choices... I would go with Megaman simply because the slide is better than the dash, but it's an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

(Ok, Cloud would work... Except Squall/Leon has been in as many games... Vincent too... Slippery slope my friend, slippery slope...)

I think the solution to the Castlevania problem is to have a character named "Belmont." When you change his outfit, he changes from Simon to Trevor to Juste, etc. I mean, they're all related. Since nearly every Belmont I know has used a whip, dagger, axe, holy water, and boomerang-cross, there shouldn't need to be any change in gameplay among them. And his victory music should be the ditty that plays whenever Simon beats a boss in Super Castlevania IV.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alucard in the game either. I wonder if they'd dare give him a blood-sucking move.

Another interesting idea would be to have Trevor Belmont/Sypha Belnades (as in Castlevania III) be a clone of Zelda/Sheik. Not one I would vote for, since I've never really been a fan of clones, but an idea nonetheless.

Speaking of clones, would you rather see Zero-Suit Samus as a clone of Samus or as an alter-ego (like Zelda/Sheik)? She did start out as suited Samus in the trailer.

Simon, Trevor, Justin, Julius, and whatnot Belmonts. Then there is Alucard (playable in 3 games.) Soma (playable in 2) All valid additions.

What about Bass... Protoman... Lots of choices... I would go with Megaman simply because the slide is better than the dash, but it's an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

(Ok, Cloud would work... Except Squall/Leon has been in as many games... Vincent too... Slippery slope my friend, slippery slope...)

I think the solution to the Castlevania problem is to have a character named "Belmont." When you change his outfit, he changes from Simon to Trevor to Juste, etc. I mean, they're all related. Since nearly every Belmont I know has used a whip, dagger, axe, holy water, and boomerang-cross, there shouldn't need to be any change in gameplay among them. And his victory music should be the ditty that plays whenever Simon beats a boss in Super Castlevania IV.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alucard in the game either. I wonder if they'd dare give him a blood-sucking move.

Another interesting idea would be to have Trevor Belmont/Sypha Belnades (as in Castlevania III) be a clone of Zelda/Sheik. Not one I would vote for, since I've never really been a fan of clones, but an idea nonetheless.

Speaking of clones, would you rather see Zero-Suit Samus as a clone of Samus or as an alter-ego (like Zelda/Sheik)? She did start out as suited Samus in the trailer.

Welcome to the site!

Also, no love for Soma?

This man speaks the truth.

Welcome to the site!

Also, no love for Soma?

Thanks!

I actually just got Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow (in the double pack), and Dawn of Sorrow for my birthday, March 24. I've beaten the first two and am working on the DS title. So I think Soma's great, but he seems a less likely candidate for Brawl--he's only been around a few years, and it would be pretty difficult to pick his moves from the 100+ souls. Also, he doesn't have a standard weapon like Pickyour Belmont's whip. What would you give Soma in Brawl if you had to choose?

Sorry is this is more old news, but Nintendo Power has confirmed that more Super Smash Bros. Brawl characters will be unveiled in the July 2006 issue.

Of course, I got that information from the Wikipedia article, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

I need to re-subscribe then.

I like the idea. Sorta like what they did with Peach in SSB:M (having a Daisy costume), but more diverse and more sensical. You mentioned the victory music, but what do you think the stage design and stage music will be for the Belmont clan, if they are included as one character?

Speaking of, does anyone think Daisy will get her own character in Brawl?