Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Speaking of, does anyone think Daisy will get her own character in Brawl?

I hope so, you know what they say "The more the merrier." Any Belmont would be cool with me, but has any body thought of new area's to go to beside Belmont's throne room. I would like to see more "special" stages like the battlefield and Final Destination.

I hope so, you know what they say "The more the merrier." Any Belmont would be cool with me, but has any body thought of new area's to go to beside Belmont's throne room. I would like to see more "special" stages like the battlefield and Final Destination.

Off the top of my head, these were all the stage ideas (albeit not very good) I had for Brawl:

-- (assuming the Belmont character will be included) the town design in Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. It's multi-level, which is standard Smash design, and can change from day to night -- night-time bringing zombies that do small amounts of damage (like the ReDeads, goombas, etc in Melee) and day-time bringing something beneficial (like a Castlevania-related item spawn or something). Music would also change depending on day/night.

-- Duck Hunt stage, with two sets of crosshairs, controlled by AI, hovering around the level shooting ducks and clay pidgeons in the background. Players can also be damaged if they are in the line of sight. The dog pops up over the player's damage meter and laughs whenever a player gets shot.

-- Dr. Mario stage. Even if Dr. Mario himself is eliminated from Brawl as a character, he can still be utilized this way. Pills can drop and form the stage platforms, with certain pill combinations causing the platforms to disappear. (I didn't think this one deserved more thought, as I'm not sure how it could ever work AND be a fair stage to play.)

I guess Donkey Kong Country stages are out of the question? Is that Rare territory? I'm not sure.

For Belmonts, the only place I could see it is the throne room. It has been constant in every game.

That or the clock tower. Though not present in every game, it has consistently had great music--often second only to the main theme, in my opinion. And Nintendo could have as much fun creating an arena with pendulums and gears as Konami has had in every game since Castlevania III.

I think the solution to the Castlevania problem is to have a character named "Belmont." When you change his outfit, he changes from Simon to Trevor to Juste, etc. I mean, they're all related. Since nearly every Belmont I know has used a whip, dagger, axe, holy water, and boomerang-cross, there shouldn't need to be any change in gameplay among them. And his victory music should be the ditty that plays whenever Simon beats a boss in Super Castlevania IV.

I like the idea. Sorta like what they did with Peach in SSB:M (having a Daisy costume), but more diverse and more sensical. You mentioned the victory music, but what do you think the stage design and stage music will be for the Belmont clan, if they are included as one character?

I doubt Daisy will get her own character. Who would want a Peach clone? :P

Belmont's music.....it'd have to be Vampire Killer, with Bloody Tears as a possible alt for the stage.

I know it seems we get alot of suggestions for characters, and more would probably just be piling on, but I'll just throw an idea out there and hopefully be done with the suggestions(probably not, though :P).

One character that hasn't gotten as many suggestions that I really think could fit in perfectly is Lloyd Irving from Namco's Tales of Symphonia. Think about it. Most of his attacks are pretty much already laid out for him. Here's an example of a moveset for Lloyd that I've brainstormed a bit:

He'd be using the Material Blades, of course. His basic combo would work similar to Link's. If you tap A twice then hold it for the third slash, Lloyd would do a one-two slash followed by a Sonic Thrust. If you constantly tap A, he'll finish the combo with Sword Rain instead.

He could use Supersonic Thrust as his forward power-hit, Tiger Blade for the upward one, and Fierce Demon Fang for the downward hit.

His Smash attacks would also utilize his Techs: Beast for the forward smash and Demonic Circle for the downward smash. The upward smash could be Tiger Rage.

Special attacks, too: Omega Tempest for the upward special, Guardian for the downward one, and his neutral special would be Demon Fang. His special smash would be Rising Falcon, which could be similar to Pikachu's Skull Bash or the Luigi Rocket: hold B to charge it up, release to initiate the attack. The longer you hold it, the stronger it gets. But as it gets stronger, Lloyd is forced to travel higher and further back before the attack starts.

Aerial attacks would probably be pretty routine overall, likely similar to how Roy and Marth attack in the air. His neutral air attack, however would be Tempest.

As for his Super, he's already got one of those, too: Rising Pheonix. His overall atributes would likely be similar to Link's: He'd likely be average, speedwise, and have lackluster jumping ability(neutralized by Omega Tempest, which would probably move in a similar style as Link's Spin Attack). His defense would also be either average or above average.

Eheh. Maybe I think about this game too much. Still, he IS pretty easy to fit in there, moveset-wise. Besides, it'd give them an excuse to use the awesome battle theme, Fighting of the Spirit. :P So that's a plus.

I think the solution to the Castlevania problem is to have a character named "Belmont." When you change his outfit, he changes from Simon to Trevor to Juste, etc. I mean, they're all related. Since nearly every Belmont I know has used a whip, dagger, axe, holy water, and boomerang-cross, there shouldn't need to be any change in gameplay among them. And his victory music should be the ditty that plays whenever Simon beats a boss in Super Castlevania IV.

I like the idea. Sorta like what they did with Peach in SSB:M (having a Daisy costume), but more diverse and more sensical. You mentioned the victory music, but what do you think the stage design and stage music will be for the Belmont clan, if they are included as one character?

I doubt Daisy will get her own character. Who would want a Peach clone? :P

Belmont's music.....it'd have to be Vampire Killer, with Bloody Tears as a possible alt for the stage.

No. Juese Belmont. It the best Castlevania music ever. It's a fact, look it up.

I need to re-subscribe then.

Or you could just buy the July issue on the newsstand. Besides, if they reveal anyone new, it'll be all over the internet. In fact, I'm expecting to know those characters (if any) before I even get the issue.

I could, but I have been wanting to re-subcribe to Nintendo Power for a while anyway so not is just a good time to do it.

I'd say there's a good bet that that one/some of the Belmonts will be in the game (maybe even Dracula! You never know. They did put Gannondorf in SSBM) because I can't help but think that this stage is a Castlevania stage.

CV.jpg

That looks like it could almost be a Fire Emblem stage to me. And Nintendo said that they haven't secured any other guest characters yet, so I doubt they'd go as far to alreadt make a Castlevania stage when it's uncertain as to whether or not they'll even get the characters in the game yet.

I guess Donkey Kong Country stages are out of the question? Is that Rare territory? I'm not sure.

Nope, anything DK related is Nintendo's, including DKC. Anything created by Rareware associated with Donkey Kong or Starfox became the property of Nintendo, even if Rare moved elsewhere. So characters like K. Rool and Krystal are totally viable for SSBB, and I comletely expect to see them...

Nope, anything DK related is Nintendo's, including DKC. Anything created by Rareware associated with Donkey Kong or Starfox became the property of Nintendo, even if Rare moved elsewhere. So characters like K. Rool and Krystal are totally viable for SSBB, and I comletely expect to see them...

Meh, they already have Fox and Falco...they don't need Krystal too IMO. That'd be terrible, having Krystal in SSBB...who's next? Slippy? lol :lol:

... The more I think about it, the more I see Nintendo having two choice:

Include as many characters as possible.

Include specific characters that represent an archetypal view of a game/series.

Personally, I'm a proponent of the 2nd choice you presented there. It'd be too much to have like 3-4 characters from Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, etc. They should make it more exclusive, since no one wants to play as Slippy for example. I wouldn't like it if they put in *significantly* more characters in SSBB than in SSBM, though pretty much no matter what I'm gonna buy it.

I'm hoping for the latter. Including as many characters as possible would maybe impress people initially, but in terms of actual gameplay, it would clog the character-choice menu, and it would probably lead to balance issues as well. Long-term prospects say that picking important characters only is the way to go.