Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I think Lloyd Irving might be a fun character to play. And in the far-off chance that we get some love from Capcom...

STRIDER HIRYU

I never played a game Strider was in besides Marvel Vs Capcom...but I do think it'd be kinda fun with Lloyd (I really enjoyed ToS). I am kinda curious how open companies like Namco would be to selling rights to a character like him...

I don't really think it'd be a good idea, but it'd be funny to have Leon from Resident Evil 4 :P. It'd just be ridiculous :lol: .

Clarification: you don't sell the rights to Nintendo, you grant the permission to use the character in one game, like Nintendo gave permission to Square-Enix to make Super Mario RPG (which is why Geno and Mallow probably won't show, since they're SE characters... though it would be really, really cool).

Also, for sheer ridiculous out-of-placeness, Solid Snake already fits the bill.

Grant permission for money :P. I'd be really suprised if there wasn't an exchange of money to get him in there. So I don't think it's as simple as you're making it sound. Seems like not only do the companies need to be willing to whore out their characters, but the price would need to be right.

I agree Snake came outta left field to be in SSBB. That reminds me of http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?.

Sorry, I thought the money was an assumed thing, sort of a given.

Personally, I'd rather see Geno than Mallow, really.

Also, I want to know if the new NP tells about actually new characters or the ones we've already heard about.

Actually I'd prefer Geno also. But wasnt Geno from another game?

Nope. Culex was a Final Fantasy-esque boss, but even he wasn't from anything else. Only Mario, Bowser, Toadstool, and the Toads were actually from any other game (Luigi, too, if you count the instruction manual, and Booster if you agree that he's a Wario clone).

Speaking of Booster, here's to a costume change of Wario that is effectively Booster, and maybe a stage from that game.

Mallow

This just made me die a little bit on the inside. I hope he has absolutely zero chance of making it into the game.

I will elaborate upon request but not until then.

Request for elaboration submitted.

Because it just seems more than likely that they'll get the kid that does Tails' voice in the recent sonic games to do the voice for mallow.

I JUST KNOW IT

I want to see Jill from Drill Dozer in SSBB.

That's what I've been saying since a million years ago.

Good. Finally someone who agrees. It was sad to see Drill Dozer go unrecognized and sell poorly. It was an excellent game. I think if they put her in SSBB, people will play the GBA game out of curiosity and realize just how excellent it is. It worked for the Ice Climbers. Very few poeple had played the game prior ro SSBM, and now I think I can say we've all at least tried it out.

Because it just seems more than likely that they'll get the kid that does Tails' voice in the recent sonic games to do the voice for mallow.

I JUST KNOW IT

That's an eerie thought. Tails could have been cool, but that whole preschooler voice is one of the many reasons why Sonic was best in 2D.

Sorry, I thought the money was an assumed thing, sort of a given.

Personally, I'd rather see Geno than Mallow, really.

Also, I want to know if the new NP tells about actually new characters or the ones we've already heard about.

I'm not sure why you bothered correcting then, just to argue symantics...but whatever.

Knowing NP, they tend to not have a lot of information that you can't get from IGN or some place (sometimes yes, but not often) so I'd guess it's just the ones we've already heard about. Ah well, maybe I'll be pleasantly suprised.

Don't ask me why I got the july issue when it isn't even june, but if you guys want proof I'll scan it later.

Most magazines do that. It generally takes em a coupla months to put the thing together.

I JUST KNOW IT

I dunno if Amy Palant is a kid. Then again, I couldn't safely call her much of a VA, either. =P

Don't ask me why I got the july issue when it isn't even june, but if you guys want proof I'll scan it later.

Most magazines do that. It generally takes em a coupla months to put the thing together.

Yeah. The issue of Game Informer that is being discussed here is one that I got like two months ago.

BTW, Assassin's Creed looks f*cking amazing! [/off-topic rant]

The official SSBB site has updated again, this time with info on Zero-Suit Samus and Wario.

Check it out here.

EDIT: Seems ZS Samus is a character transformation, not a pure character addition. Main site:

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.

Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.

Hmmmm.

I JUST KNOW IT

That's an eerie thought. Tails could have been cool, but that whole preschooler voice is one of the many reasons why Sonic was best in 2D.

I always thought Tails was supposed to be like 12-14 years old, closer to Sonic's age in the 3D games, and not like 8 years old, which they have him as in Sonic Heroes. He acted alot older in the Adventure games too.

Back to SSBB, I'm all for the idea that clone characters be different costumes of the main character, with maybe soem different abilities and all. I think I said something about it earlier in this thread, or maybe in the Wii thread, but I would like to see it be different versions of the characters as in the different generations, like Mario would have a SMB, SMB3, Dr. Mario, SMW, SM64, SMS, and SMG costumes, each with different abilities or weapons. Like Sunshine Mario has the Fludd, using it instead of fireballs and for his Up+B jump, stuff like that. Then you would technicaly have tons of different characters, but less area on the character selection screen would be taken up. Some characters it wouldn't work for though, but it would be a nice idea.

The quiz is good for some characters, giving answers that clearly denote them. But I'm having hell getting it to spit out "Peach" for an answer. I can get Ness, Game & Watch and the Mario Brothers but it won't give me my main.

Not sure if this newsbite is new, but apparently, Zero Samus isn't an entirely new addition:

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

I pointed that out on the last page, chief. :P

This kinda sucks, IMO. I don't really like the idea of characters that can transform in mid-battle. I think the should seperate Zelda and Shiek, and I think Samus and ZS Samus should be seperate. But, oh well. The game'll still kick ass.

It is pretty obvious, however, that this happens when Samus uses her Super, which is something that I actually thought was a possibility when I first saw the trailer.

I'm more worried about the "transforming into Zero Samus under certain circumstances" part.

But if they're going to wedge two, essentially different characters into a single slot, then I think it's only fair if they do that to Mario/Dr.Mario and some other characters.

I'm more worried about the "transforming into Zero Samus under certain circumstances" part.

But if they're going to wedge two, essentially different characters into a single slot, then I think it's only fair if they do that to Mario/Dr.Mario and some other characters.

Maybe Ganondorf/Ganon, too?

Also, new character idea: Bowser, Jr./Shadow Mario.

Or, if you really wanna go nuts, Deoxys/Attack Deoxys/Defense Deoxys/Speed Deoxys(Pokemon, incase you don't know). 8O

For hating that kinda thing, I've got more ideas than I care to have about it.

Not sure if this newsbit is new, but apparently, Zero Samus isn't an entirely new addition:

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

So Samus transforms into Zero Samus under certain circumstances.

I think they're just giving the backstory on it. It's from Zero Mission, when she loses her suit and all her powers and stuff. So, I'm pretty sure she's going to be selectable, with Samus in the varia suit another selection. Don't despair yet! :wink:

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.

Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

I assume that means transformation.

I assume that means transformation.

I'd disagree. I think what they're saying is that it's another Samus, instead of an entirely new character. I'd bet they'd say the same thing if like Paper Mario were to debut in the game as well (just an example, but you get the picture). Well, reguardless, we'll see when it comes out (or when more info becomes available).