Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Here's a random thought I had. They changed Link's design from the Ocarina of Time version to the Twilight Princess version right? Do you think that's what they'll be doing with, say, Ganondorf's design as well (not that we've even seen the TP Ganon yet)? I guess since the OoT and TP versions of Link aren't all that different, that it could be argued it is more of an updating rather than an entirely new design. Do you think characters like Ganon and Zelda aren't so much going to be new designs as just updated like Mario?

Ganon/Ganondorf won't be in TP. They said that this game will feature a completely new villian.

I'm wondering if they're gonna have Young/Old Link and also Cell-Shaded Link from Wind Waker. He could have some interesting moves.

Man. We need some OCR Smash Meetup.

When they meetup they almost always play Melee. So it's a given I guess. Also, what we really should have is huge Brawl tournaments online. That'd be so awesome, I bet we could get over 100 people in it.

Damn meetups never come to Portugal :(

It would be incredible if say, OCR could have its own team and within that team you have different rankings based on skill level. Now another team, say the 4chan team, battled the OCR team, with each skill level batling the corresponding skill level on the other team.

That would be gaming nirvanna.

Man. We need some OCR Smash Meetup.

When they meetup they almost always play Melee. So it's a given I guess. Also, what we really should have is huge Brawl tournaments online. That'd be so awesome, I bet we could get over 100 people in it.

Damn meetups never come to Portugal :(

It would be incredible if say, OCR could have its own team and within that team you have different rankings based on skill level. Now another team, say the 4chan team, battled the OCR team, with each skill level batling the corresponding skill level on the other team.

That would be gaming nirvanna.

BEST MULTIPLAYA EVA!

Ahem.

As creator of this thread, I'm SSB master rank. Thank you.

Edit: Just played with TheLeviathan. Fun times. He loves my Falco and Ice Climbers lol :)

Hey now, I won a game or two when you weren't one of your better characters (*cough* bowser and link). Ahem excuse me. :wink:

As for the screenshot, It would be kinda fun if there was an actual mode for that with all the retro sprites.

Edit: Just played with TheLeviathan. Fun times. He loves my Falco and Ice Climbers lol :)

Hey now, I won a game or two when you weren't one of your better characters (*cough* bowser and link). Ahem excuse me. :wink:

As for the screenshot, It would be kinda fun if there was an actual mode for that with all the retro sprites.

Or perhaps revamped sprites, such that the original sprite look is there, but the styles match up.

That would actually be REALLY neat, if they had an 8-bit brawl mode, where you could use the original iterations of each character in low-fi levels.

The only issue here is that some of the characters never had 8 bit iterations. What if they were to include Jill from Drill Dozer, Captain Olimar or Tom Nook in SSBB? There isn't an 8-bit sprite for them.

That would actually be REALLY neat, if they had an 8-bit brawl mode, where you could use the original iterations of each character in low-fi levels.

The only issue here is that some of the characters never had 8 bit iterations. What if they were to include Jill from Drill Dozer, Captain Olimar or Tom Nook in SSBB? There isn't an 8-bit sprite for them.

And that would be where genghisdani's idea would be better.

I didn't read all 50 pages, so apologies if someone has already mentioned this:

Michael Jones better be in the new Smash Bros. game. Especially since I've heard that both Startropics games will be available via VC. He's got awesome possibilities for moves as well -- everything from normal yoyo, mid attack shining star, smash nova to spiked shoes for jumping attacks, psychic shock wave for distance...the list goes on and on.

Michael Jones better be in the new Smash Bros. game. Especially since I've heard that both Startropics games will be available via VC. He's got awesome possibilities for moves as well -- everything from normal yoyo, mid attack shining star, smash nova to spiked shoes for jumping attacks, psychic shock wave for distance...the list goes on and on.

I feel like an ignorant asking this but... Who?

I feel like an ignorant asking this but... Who?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Jones

I was thinking about this the other day in regards to SSBB. Do you guys think that the WiiConnect24 service will be used in some way other than multiplayer? At the E3 press conference, it was mentioned that the service could be used for downloading updates and new content for games. There's no reason why Sakurai and "The Studio" couldn't add more characters, stages, and costumes after the game came out.

The Smash Bros. series already has crazy replay value, but imagine just how long we'll all be playing when new content could be added on a regular basis.

Great work on the JUSTIN BAILEY alt pic.

*fap fap fap*