Princess Peach

Roy

Samus/Sero Suit Samus

Snake

Young Link -> WW Link

Wario

Zelda/Sheik

So far, we have 25 names...

We can add 12-13 blue ones, none from the old school era, as Pit will be the one representative of that period.

And 2-3 green ones, none from the oldschool.

(By oldschool, I think it means that it was never updated past the 8 bit era...)

Lets try to fill this up.

We need 15 nintendo characters from recent games.

We don't need more pokemon or Krystal IMO :P. As much as I'd want Ridley (whatever form) to be in the game too, like people said before it's not likely for him to be a playable character cuz he's such a big character. My vote for a non-Nintendo character would definitely be Chrono or Simon Belmont (especially Chrono :P).

Lots of people have said this, but it'd be nice if they did something about all the clone characters. People have suggested this before, but I'd like it if Dr. Mario were just a costume option for Mario since they have the same moves but one throws pills instead of fireballs. I'd be for either taking out Young Link and replacing him with Windwaker Link (I wouldn't want 3 separate Links, especially since there are already enough Zelda characters), or make him more different from Link. I also would be in favor of getting rid of Pichu, and taking out either Marth or Roy in favor of Ike.

I'd kinda wanna see Paper Mario in there too, but I definitely won't be too disappointed if he doesn't make the cut (oh, I'm just so clever :P). Just like with Link, though, I wouldn't want 3 separate Marios...so I kinda hope they take out Dr. Mario or make him an alternate costume. Oh, and I'm sure if Nintendo really wants to plug their new IP, they'll be putting in a Project H.A.M.M.E.R. character as well :P. It might be kinda cool.

One of the Metroid Prime Hunters.

Baby Bowser maybe.

Eliwood/Ephraim/Eirika

Bad guy from Fire Emblem/Sacred Stones/Path of Radiance

Tingle (sorry, but the truth is this is very likely)

You want me to add that list, or it's updates to the front post arashi?

Baby Bowser maybe.

Eliwood/Ephraim/Eirika

Please add to the first page and update the list.

(I use cyan for suggestions...)

Baby Bowser maybe.

Eliwood/Ephraim/Eirika

Please add to the first page and update the list.

(I use cyan for suggestions...)

Uh, update the list with everyone's suggestions? Sure...

So it's confirmed. Game and Watch, young Link and the ICs will be taken off.

But why do they have to remove G&W? The li'l guy was rad. :(

Many people have been mentioning Ridley. I know he'd be too big for a regular character, but perhaps he could show up as a boss (like Giga Bowser).

He was small in the first game (about the size of Samus) if you didn't know. He was big in the GBA remake though. But yeah, he might be some kind of boss in the game.

Update the list with some possibilities:

Bowser

Baby Bowser

Captain Falcon

DeDeDe

Donkey Kong

Dr. Mario

Falco

Fox

Ganondorf/Aghanim

Ice Climbers

Jigglypuff

Kirby

Link

Luigi

Mario

Marth

Metaknight

Mewtwo

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

Pichu

Pikachu

Pit

Princess Peach

Ridley

Roy

Samus/Sero Suit Samus

Snake

Young Link -> WW Link

Wario

Zelda/Sheik

So far, we have 27 names...

We can add 10-11 blue ones, none from the old school era, as Pit will be the one representative of that period.

Nope, its 100% bull. Reasons:

1. The translation claims to be via google translator, and attempts to imitate it through poor grammar. However, there are certain things that wouldn't show up in google translator, like the name the Japanese use for Smash Brothers would show up in katakana in slang saying "SumaBura" (Because Sumashu = Smash and Burathazu = Brothers, therefore SumaBura = Smash Bros). And thats just one reason of many others why the google translator wouldn't show anything NEAR the thing you posted.

2. I translate everything Sakurai says straight from the official website. I sincerely doubt he'd reveal that information to some news source outside of his own website.

Im sure there are more reasons, but 6 hours of class kinda takes the wind out of my sails.

EDIT: Ignore point #1, as the site translated was in French. All the more reason to not believe it (Sakurai speaks English, kinda, and Japanese...and translators can make mistakes :P). Oddly enough, I can also speak a little French, but not nearly enough to translate THAT monster.

When in doubt, trust the Panda.

We can add 10-11 blue ones, none from the old school era, as Pit will be the one representative of that period.

I'm not sure what your reasoning is for wanting Pit to be the only oldschool character which didn't go into further generations; are you saying you'd just prefer to have more recently created/used characters in SSBB? The Ice Climbers weren't in anything else as I recall either, and a lot of people comment on liking them, so I don't know why you'd want one character being "representative of that period." Speaking of the Ice Climbers, there seems to be double talk going on. Some have been saying that whole thing is a rumor, others a lie, and other people have just been accepting it. So, which is it really? Is there actually reliable info on this??

EDIT: I guess we have the answer above huh?

I'd love to see Geno or Mallow enter the ring. I know these two were created by Square-Enix, but they were in a Mario game, so I think Nintendo holds the rights for them. :)

Also, I'd like to see Fawful (This battle will the the MUSTARD OF YOUR DOOM!). Hey, a guy can dream, right?

As for third part persons, I shall analyze them by company-

Sega

Home of Sonic the Hedgehog, one-time rival of Mario. The coolness factor alone makes a choice from this company popular amongst fanboys.

Odds: Pretty damn good for Sonic. Every one of his buddies (save Knuckles) doesn't have a chance.

Ubi Soft

Rayman is the most popular guy in this house, and probably the only one Nintendo would consider. However, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil would kick so much ass...

Odds: Rayman, with his status on the Wii, has a semi-good chance. Not as good as Sonic, but good. Jade would be considered a "dark horse".

EA

NONONONONO.

Odds: God help me, the first one of you to suggest "Harry Potter" gets to live with Jack Thompson.

Square-Enix

Final Fantasy is a juggernaut in the gaming world, but only FFs before 7 are included. Kingdom Hearts also has a chance (Chain of Memories!)

Odds: FF6 has the best shot of getting in this game, but SE can decide which one charcter for the game. Sora is the "dark horse" from this company.

Konami

They already got Snake in here. Who else is left?

Odds: If its Raiden, there will be hell to pay. Else, look at the Big Boss, Liquid, or Robo Ninja! SNAKE! FIRE THE STINGER!

Namco/Natsume (Combined for efficency)

Seeing as how Namco's pride and joy is the antithesis of SSB-style play (Tekken & Soul Calibur), they'd send in someone from Tales of Symphonia. Natsume could use Jack(The Player-Character) from the Harvest Moon series.

Odds: Both companies don't really have much of a chance here. Unless Harvest Moon starts selling like hotcakes....

Capcom

The house that Mega Man built. This company has THREE fanchises to choose from:

-Resident Evil (Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy)

-Viewtiful Joe (Joe)

-Mega Man (Mega Man, X, or Zero)

Odds: Capcom knows people will bitch if Mega Man.exe gets in, so its probably X or the original Mega Man.

Odds favor Sonic and Mega Man. No fan boy rants-please?