Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

We can add 10-11 blue ones, none from the old school era, as Pit will be the one representative of that period.

I'm not sure what your reasoning is for wanting Pit to be the only oldschool character which didn't go into further generations; are you saying you'd just prefer to have more recently created/used characters in SSBB? The Ice Climbers weren't in anything else as I recall either, and a lot of people comment on liking them, so I don't know why you'd want one character being "representative of that period." Speaking of the Ice Climbers, there seems to be double talk going on. Some have been saying that whole thing is a rumor, others a lie, and other people have just been accepting it. So, which is it really? Is there actually reliable info on this??

EDIT: I guess we have the answer above huh?

All of this is assuming thst the article linked is 100% true.

Well....you never know, Sonic just might make an appearance. All the big rage about rumors of Sonic being in SSBM made a big ruckus so Nintendo may have taken that into consideration. After all, Sonic does have a few games on GCN.

Other than that, some of my random guesses (that nobody mentioned already) would be: Birdo, Daisy, Waluigi, that Paulene bitch from Donkey Kong and maybe even Toad

Now that Ridley is semi-confirmed, there's no reason for people to bitch that certain types of characters won't be feasible.

Even with someone like Sonic, Sonic has plenty of melee moves as well in his own games. Also, his Sonic-spin move has been emulated by Kirby a long time ago anyway.

Even with someone like Sonic, Sonic has plenty of melee moves as well in his own games. Also, his Sonic-spin move has bee emulated by Kirby a long time ago anyway.

If they do add him, they better make him the fastest character in the game. They could make him turn into Super Sonic when he grabs that super attack item thingy.

I just hope they don't have three versions of Links around though.. I think two versions of any characters is pretty excessive. And more reason to have them become the new "shotoken" characters of SSB. Copy-pasta.

Man I know, it bugged me that they gave that pansy-ass moron C. Falcon the same moves that Ganondorf already had. or vice versa, whatever. Anyway, it was so pointless having two characters with repeat moves. Pichu and Dr. Mario really bugged me. :evil:

I just hope they don't have three versions of Links around though.. I think two versions of any characters is pretty excessive. And more reason to have them become the new "shotoken" characters of SSB. Copy-pasta.

Man I know, it bugged me that they gave that pansy-ass moron C. Falcon the same moves that Ganondorf already had. or vice versa, whatever. Anyway, it was so pointless having two characters with repeat moves. Pichu and Dr. Mario really bugged me. :evil:

Yes Ganondorf is a clone of C. Falcon BUT Ganondorf is heavier and a tad slower, so the same moveset has been applied to a different character type. Its like giving a Fighter class the same spells as a Mage. The Fighter's stats are different, but his moves are the same, opening up a whole new strategy (*cough*Battlemage*cough*).

I see why they made them completely different characters, but it really isn;t necessary. A simple costume swap will do.

Yes Ganondorf is a clone of C. Falcon BUT Ganondorf is heavier and a tad slower, so the same moveset has been applied to a different character type. Its like giving a Fighter class the same spells as a Mage. The Fighter's stats are different, but his moves are the same, opening up a whole new strategy (*cough*Battlemage*cough*).

I see why they made them completely different characters, but it really isn;t necessary. A simple costume swap will do.

Yea, that's true. Ganondorf was HELLA slower and more durable. They just should'a had different moves.

O well, SSBB will do me proud. :D

Yea, that's true. Ganondorf was HELLA slower and more durable. They just should'a had different moves.

O well, SSBB will do me proud. :D

Do you have any opinion actually worth something?

going from Black Advent's post on the previous page, I think Viewtiful Joe would be a prime candidate for other 3rd party... Way more than Megaman. I love Megaman just as much as the next guy but the little blue bomber gets way too much "Screen-time" as it were. Joe is perfect for SSBB and I think they would do well to add him in! Besides, saying "Henshin a go-go baby!" as a taunt would be AWESOME!

I don't know why everyone hates "clone" characters so much. Yes they have the same movesets, but in almost every case they're so different that they require completely different playing styles. You can't play with Gandondorf the same way that you play with C. Falcon and hope to win.

I don't know why everyone hates "clone" characters so much. Yes they have the same movesets, but in almost every case they're so different that they require completely different playing styles. You can't play with Gandondorf the same way that you play with C. Falcon and hope to win.

Thats what I said like two posts ago.

While that is true, it somehow shows the developer's lack of creativity whenever they do so.

While that is true, it somehow shows the developer's lack of creativity whenever they do so.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

This is the rumor circulating right now... but a lot of people are saying its true.

Sakurai announced that Young Link, Game and Watch, and the Ice Climbers are gone. Ridley, WindWaker Link, and Baby Bowser will replace them.

Utterly and completely false.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=809

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.livewii.fr/news/9350/Des-nouvelles-tetes-pour-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl.html

I think it might be true...

I'm sad about Mr.G&W :(

EDIT: Well NEVERMIND.

I did some more "research" and found out some dude made it up or something :(

I don't understand why people are still saying that this is "semi-confirmed" or even "true". More info from Kotaku.

UPDATE! This is bogus and untrue! See comments for more information.

Okay, so I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing DS lately (yeah I know, I'm a fucking hypocrite), and I think the player's character (the human boy/girl) would be an interesting addition. Here are some ideas that I have for their moveset:

A MOVES

one-two punch (a): a basic two-punch combo. Can be chained with other moves. Nothing great.

push (forward a): an attack with longer reach. Unlike the pushing you do in AC, you just stand in one place and move the hands forward in a quick motion.

low kick (down a): nothing to explain here.

umbrella (up a): you twirl your umbrella and inflict some damage to a foe above you.

trip (dash a): you trip. A reference to Katrina's fortune.

(forward smash) axe: SWING IT FOOL!

(down smash) shovel: well, you dig. If a foe happens to be right in front of you, he gets flinged upwards. Me digging out a tree trunk made me realized the AC character's potential to be in Brawl.

(up smash) show it off!: pull an insect or fish out of your pocket and raise it up! The force you inflict depends on what kind of creature you pull out (e.g. Pulling out a shark has a stronger impact than pulling out a beetle.), so it's kinda random.

B MOVES

(B)Net: this attack doesn't knock people offstage, but it does inflict reasonable damage and sometimes gives enemies a "mood change." Sometimes they will get mad, making them unable to shield and hard to control, while in other times they will become sad (with a black cloud and all) which makes them unable to run and attack. The length of these "mood changes" depends on how much damage the enemies have. The chances of getting a mood change is random though. Still, imagining Snake getting hit with this attack is just hilarious.

(forward B)Furniture: You drop a furniture just like in AC. That "poof!" animation can send opponents flying. Just like the show-off move, the force and damage depends on what kind of furniture you pull out. You can only drop three furnitures at a time though. You can drop another one when the other furnitures disappear or gets destroyed.

(up B)Fishing rod: when the hook latches onto an enemy, you can control the direction you want to fling the enemy at. While in air, you can control the hook's direction (although limited). It works like Link's hook shot this way, and is pretty useful for recovery.

(down B)pitfall: I haven't thought much about this move yet, but the idea is you leave a crack discreetly on the ground. Enemies who step on it will fall and get stunned for a moment. You can fall on it too and deal some damage by 'struggling' to get out.

GRABS: No idea.

jumps: I'm imagining the character will have 3 jumps: 2 normal ones and then holds a balloon for the last one. It works like Yoshi's jump.

taunt: change accessory/outfit, maybe?

Aanyway, yeah. That's my idea. Maybe they thought of something like that too. But alas, I can only wish.

P.S. I want to punch the one who made the rumor in the balls! :evil:

Hey, what gives? They were supposed to update Smashbros.com like 20 minutes ago. They usually update it on the dot.

They could be done for now. After all, they've unveiled the five characters from the trailer, so they may be waiting for more universal info before updating again.

Also, I think Sonic is almost guaranteed. They may prove me wrong, but, somehow, I doubt it.

The other will probably be Megaman. If Capcom puts anyone in, it'll either be Megaman or Ryu from Street Fighter, most likely. Although, dark horse pick goes to Zero. He's got his own line of GBA games and alot of people like him. I, personally, would rather see Zero.

Namco seems unlikely, simply because of a lack of suitable characters. Lloyd or Cless are really the only ones that come to mind.

Square-Enix is the same way; Sora would seem to be the most likely, with Locke, Kefka, and Cecil as other possibilities. Highly unlikely possibilty goes to The Black Knight from Final Fantasy: CC.

EA...no. Just....NO.

They should remove Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Young Link.

My suggestions to for first-party characters are:

MARIO

Bowser, Jr.(with the paintbrush)

Geno

Diddy Kong

POKEMON

Deoxys(could change form depending on what special attacks you use)

Lucario

ZELDA

"Celda" Link

Vaati

F-ZERO

Samurai Goroh

METROID

Dark Samus

Weavel

GOLDEN SUN(pretty sure this a first party game)

Isaac/Felix

Jenna

FIRE EMBLEM

Never played any, but I imagine they'll add someone from Path of Radiance

That brings the total up to roughly 41 right there, not including the speculations.

I don't understand why people are still saying that this is "semi-confirmed" or even "true". More info from Kotaku.

UPDATE! This is bogus and untrue! See comments for more information.

Yeah, once I see more sources which verify I'll start to believe (it's only been 1 source that several sites have been using, so it seems more disreputable).

Btw either way with Ike from FE: PoR, I'd still want him from the game (why have FE characters in SSBB which were in games that weren't internationally available when they have a potential character that is! :P)

If Sabin, Locke or Kefka wind up in this game, I will become a nintendo fan boy.

Just warning you guys so when my opinion of things suddenly become biased and illogical, you won't be too shocked.

-Edit-

Here's a list of all the characters that have appeared on Sakurai's poll:

Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)

Kalas (Batten Kaitos)

Megaman (Megaman)

Claus (MOTHER 3)

Lucas (MOTHER 3)

King K. Rool (DK Country)

King Dedede (Kirby)

Geno (Super Mario Bros. RPG)

Professor Kawashima (Brain Age)

Sigurd (Fire Emblem)

Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!!!)

G-Red (Gotchaforce)

Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)

Oguma (Fire Emblem)

Captain Olimar (Pikmin)

Lip (Panel de Pon)

Ike (Fire Emblem)

Black Knight (Fire Emblem)

Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2)

Lolo and Lala (Kirby)

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Ray 01 (Custom Robo)

Princess Katia (Lost Kingdom)

Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight)

Colonel Volgin (Metal Gear Solid 3)

Lupus (Jet Force Gemini)

Ganondorf/Ganon (Legend of Zelda)

Link (Wind Waker)

Ninten (MOTHER)

Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Ridley (Metroid)

Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou)

Little Mac (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!!)

Diddy & Dixie Kong (DK Country) [ice Climber-type is sugested]

Jeff (Earthbound)

Donbe (Shin Oni ga Shima)

Power Pro (Jikkyo Power Pro Baseball)

Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)

Tetra (Wind Waker)

Harry (Teleroboxer)

James Bond (Goldeneye)

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)

Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)

Mia (Fire Emblem)

Krystal (Star Fox)

Peppy (Star Fox)

Slippy (Star Fox)

Wolf (Star Fox)

Petey Piranha (Mario Sunshine)

Link's Uncle (A Link to the Past)

Dr. Wright (Sim City)

Thomas (Kung-Fu)

Infantry (Famicom Wars)

Blue Virus (Dr. Mario)

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Urban Champion guys

Nabaru (Fire Emblem)

Magnus (Ogre Battle)

Furil (Panel de Pon 2)

Palutenia (Kid Icarus)

Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)

Felix (Golden Sun)

Chain Chomp (Mario)

Koopa Troopa (Mario)

Muddy (Mole Mania)

Famicom Detective Club characters

Banker (Mario Paint)

Marx (Kirby Superstar)

Vivian (Paper Mario)

Hero/Heroine (Magical Vacation)

Gardevoir (Pokemon)

Soren (Fire Emblem)

Jill (Drill Dozer)

Demille (Tomato Adventure)

Human (Animal Crossing)

Mallow (Super Mario RPG)

Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)

Sakurai said no manga characters.

Note:

These are not confirmed characters.

Just idea's Sakurai liked.

The bold characters are just ones I'd really like to see.

If the freaking Black Knight from FE:POR makes it, I will love the game forever. If Ike is in the game, he must use the sword you get for him towards the end of the game, that would be freaking awesome. I really hope Ike and the Black Knight make it. Soren seems cool too, but Mia??