Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'd be a little disapointed if Ike makes it. Marth and Roy already will the role of guy with nothing but a sword. But the Black Knight would be a fine addition to the heavyweights.

I'm a bit curious though how Kalas got on the list but not Lloyd or Kratos. Oh well, whatever caught the man's fancy is on the list.

I'd be a little disapointed if Ike makes it. Marth and Roy already will the role of guy with nothing but a sword. But the Black Knight would be a fine addition to the heavyweights.

I'm a bit curious though how Kalas got on the list but not Lloyd or Kratos. Oh well, whatever caught the man's fancy is on the list.

I say take out Roy or Marth and let Ike in the game. Ike was pretty cool and his sword would make things different.

It would seem that the japanese don't like Sonic as much as we do.

Either that or Sakurai was already considering him so he didn't put his suggestions up.

I'm hoping for the latter.

I'm strongly thinking that Sonic not being on that list is a sign to his already being included.

@ Hector: Lloyd and Kratos are property of Namco, who, so far, we know nothing about. They have been good about making Nintendo games in the past, though - I believe they developed Custom Robo.

Bowser

Baby Bowser

Captain Falcon

DeDeDe

Donkey Kong

Dr. Mario

Falco

Fox

Ganondorf/Aghanim

Ice Climbers

Jigglypuff

Kirby

Link

Luigi

Mario

Marth

Metaknight

Mewtwo

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

Pichu

Pikachu

Pit

Princess Peach

Ridley

Roy

Samus/zero Suit Samus

Snake

Sonic

Young Link

Wario

WW Link

Zelda/Sheik

It's simple:

Black are characters from SSBM.

Blue are known 1st/2nd party additions.

Green are known 3rd party additions.

Dark blue are 1st/2nd party suggestions.

Olive are 3rd party suggestions.

Seriously, edit the list yourself with your suggestions, I don't want to go through and read every thing, and it will avoid repetition.

Sheesh, is Path of Radiance the only FE game anybody here has played? Why not give some love to Sacred Stones and the original FE GBA? I would love to see Lyn on there (think Sheik...with a sword), and especially Hector (think Ganondorf...with an axe). Or how about Ephraim and Eirika from SS? It would be awesome to play with Ephraim's lance! The other interesting thing would be to have a high-level mage with little/no physical attacks (Pent Pent Pent Pent Pent :D). So, in short, here's my version of the list:

Bowser

Baby Bowser

Captain Falcon

DeDeDe

Donkey Kong

Dr. Mario

Ephraim

Falco

Fox

Ganondorf/Aghanim

Hector

Ice Climbers

Jigglypuff

Kirby

Link

Luigi

Lyn

Mario

Marth

Metaknight

Mewtwo

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

Lord Pent

Pichu

Pikachu

Pit

Princess Peach

Ridley

Roy

Samus/zero Suit Samus

Snake

Sonic

Young Link

Wario

WW Link

Zelda/Sheik

Final Count: 37 Characters

I changed the key a little:

Red are known 3rd party additions.

Indigo are 1st/2nd party suggestions.

Orange are 3rd party suggestions.

Going from Great_Deku's additons:

Black Knight

Bowser

Baby Bowser

Captain Falcon

Crono

DeDeDe

Donkey Kong

Dr. Mario

Ephraim

Falco

Fox

Ganondorf/Aghanim

Hector

Ice Climbers

Ike

Jigglypuff

Kalas

Kirby

Link

Luigi

Lyn

Mario

Marth

Metaknight

Mewtwo

Mr. Game & Watch

Ness

Lord Pent

Pichu

Pikachu

Pit

Princess Peach

Ridley

Roy

Samus/zero Suit Samus

Snake

Sonic

Young Link

Wario

WW Link

Zelda/Sheik

Count: 41 Characters

Key:

Red are known 3rd party additions.

Indigo are 1st/2nd party suggestions.

Orange are 3rd party suggestions.

Btw, who is Aghanim?

Btw, who is Aghanim?

I'm pretty sure it's the guy that Ganon is disguised as/possessed in A Link to the Past

Interesting...I should probably get to Link to the Past eventually :P.

Agahnim: A mysterious sorcerer who arrived at the Hyrule Kingdom not long before the beginning of the game. Although his motives were at first unclear, he gained favorable reputation with the royal family by ridding them of a number of problems plaguing their kingdom using unknown magic. He later developed an interest in the wise men who sealed away the mythical Golden Land ages ago, and realized that once this land was found, he could have all of its power for himself. He then placed a spell on the knights of the land, putting them under his direct control, and ordered them to find the descendants of these sages of lore, not the least of which was Princess Zelda herself. After murdering her father, King Hyrule, Agahnim was about to send Zelda to the Dark World when Link intervened, and escaped to the other world himself.

468px-Agahnim_GBA_rerelease.jpg

See the symbol in his chest?...

Either that or Sakurai was already considering him so he didn't put his suggestions up.

Wasn't Sonic an American production?

So... never heard of Sonic Team, eh? The name Yugi Naka ring any bells?

And CE, I never noticed that symbol and Agahnim's chest before... wonder if it's noticable at all in game.

I dunno about you guys, but it seems rather off that they'd include Snake in the game being that his character seems way too mature for the theme of the game, however badass it would be.

The whole point of fighting games is to make people who would otherwise have no business dealing with each other duke it out.

When you think about it, Eliwood and Marth are more "mature" characters than say, Mario or Pikachu. It really doesn't matter that much; it's Super Smash Bros., they'll make it happen.

Wasn't Sonic an American production?

So... never heard of Sonic Team, eh? The name Yugi Naka ring any bells?

And CE, I never noticed that symbol and Agahnim's chest before... wonder if it's noticable at all in game.

I'd heard OF Sonic Team, but I didn't really know much about them.

BTW, I just experienced a very unfortunate side-affect of a hiatus in SSBM-playing: loss of skill. I hate it when that happens; I used to be the best in my area, but now I can't even take on 2 lvl-9s teamed agaist me. (Against 3 lvl-9s FFA, I did ok though.)

I know it would be impossible, but if the entire Chrono Trigger cast was added then i would be able to die a very happy person. I would even settle for one or two characters, just as long as they had Frog. God Frog is such a badass.