Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

They should add Marina from Mischief Makers

8)

I would like to see COSMOS from Xenosaga in the game...

Yeah. She's cool.

You mean KOS-MOS... and it's actually possible, given Xenosaga DS is coming out... whenever.

But I just want Mike Jones... please, Nintendo, gimme some sweet, sweet Mike Jones love.... please?

Mmm.. I'd say Sonic is probably in. He's just a really obvious great choice.

NO

His primary attack is a freakin' jump. And I don't want to get spammed by idiots who just mash the homing attack button. Ugh.

What is Mario's primary attack in his games again? I seem to recall this "jumping" ability, but I',m not so sure.

Oh yeah, and they were able to come up with attacks for Mario other than jumping. I wonder if they have creativity enough to make Sonic an interesting character...hmmm...

Snake is in SSBB because ever since the near-completion of SSBM, Kojima has been bugging Nintendo to include Snake in Smash Bros. Ideally he would have showed up in SSBM but they were shaky on it and it was too far into production to really add him in. So this time around Kojima made sure Snake would get in. And with all the mad publicity Snake will bring, Nintendo would be suicidal not to add Snake when the guy who created him is pratically throwing the entire liscened character at your feet.

NO

His primary attack is a freakin' jump. And I don't want to get spammed by idiots who just mash the homing attack button. Ugh.

He doesn't really seem all that obvious to me. Sure, he's more popular than some of the suggestions I've been reading here and he's been in a few recent games on Nintendo systems, but he doesn't really have a past on a N system.

I'm not against him being added, just not all that crazy about it, I'm sure I can think of better char additions to the roster than him.

Also, I'd rather like to see more popular characters from more games rather than having a bunch from fewer. For example we really don't need three Links.

Also, I'd rather like to see more popular characters from more games rather than having a bunch from fewer. For example we really don't need three Links.

Yes we do. We need adult link, and kid link, and WW link, and we need all the '4-swords' links, and then we need a dark link, and then all the Majora's Mask Links, and then the LttP link (his charge attack would rule), and then like, the wolf link from TP, and then a Tingle-Link hybrid/lovechild, and then an X-men link, and then... (blah blah blah)

Hopefully the levels will have grass you can cut, which then gives items...

Yes we do. We need adult link, and kid link, and WW link, and we need all the '4-swords' links, and then we need a dark link, and then all the Majora's Mask Links, and then the LttP link (his charge attack would rule), and then like, the wolf link from TP, and then a Tingle-Link hybrid/lovechild, and then an X-men link, and then... (blah blah blah)

Why not just call it Super Zelda Bros.? Or Super Smash Zelda?

Why not just call it Super Zelda Bros.? Or Super Smash Zelda?

Silly billy. Couldnt do that. They all sit around and drink tea together and bitch about Ganon, thats not very Smash-y....

Super Smash Zelda: Domestic Violence.... I'd play that....

Hah, that just gave me an idea for Link's supermove, (Not that we haven't seen it already in the trialer...);

All the other generations of Link come on to the screen and spin attack/Triforce bit!hslap everyone else at once.

NO

Yep, because I'm sure if they add him, they won't adjust his moves at all, just make it so he can home attack constantly. It's not like they have two games worth of knowing how balance the characters.

NO

Not to pile on here, but it shouldn't be that hard to adjust him to the gameplay style. You're right in not wanting the homing attack; that's not really something that would work well in SSBB. However, no one ever said he has to use that. Infact, here's how Sonic could work:

Up+B=Lightning Shield

From Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Pretty simple. Light to moderate damage on the strike. The sparks from the base of the attack would cause light damage.

B SMASH=Flame Shield

Damage would be similar to Falcon Kick. Works exactly like it does in Sonic 3.

Neutral B=Bubble Shield

Would work differently in the air. On the ground, use it as a brief shield to deflect projectiles. In the air, it would do the basketball bounce, a la Sonic 3. Damage similar to Donkey Kong's ground slap. Of course, in the event that you use it off the edge, he wouldn't just keep falling. It'll stop after a bit and allow you to recover.

Down+B=Spin Dash

Would work just as it does in the games. Hold Down after executing attack to hold it in place. Tap B repeatedly to power it up, release Down to attack. It's effect would be similar to Marth's Shield Breaker(whereas Jigglypuff's Rollout is like Roy's Flare Blade).

See? Easy. He'd probably be similar to Shiek and Marth; fast, agile jugglers. He would be somewhat weak overall, lacking in a truly powerful finisher, and would be fairly light. His Super could turn him into Super(or Hyper) Sonic. It would last as long as a Super Star, strengthening all of his attacks. He might take damage as it's in effect, though(it's draining his rings, afterall).

I'd actually like to see him with this moveset. It'd be pretty cool, IMO.

Bottomline: Look what they did for characters like Fox and Captain Falcon. Sonic would be a breeze compared to those two.

NO

Not to pile on here, but it shouldn't be that hard to adjust him to the gameplay style. You're right in not wanting the homing attack; that's not really something that would work well in SSBB. However, no one ever said he has to use that. Infact, here's how Sonic could work:

Up+B=Lightning Shield

From Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Pretty simple. Light to moderate damage on the strike. The sparks from the base of the attack would cause light damage.

B SMASH=Flame Shield

Damage would be similar to Falcon Kick. Works exactly like it does in Sonic 3.

Neutral B=Bubble Shield

Would work differently in the air. On the ground, use it as a brief shield to deflect projectiles. In the air, it would do the basketball bounce, a la Sonic 3. Damage similar to Donkey Kong's ground slap. Of course, in the event that you use it off the edge, he wouldn't just keep falling. It'll stop after a bit and allow you to recover.

Down+B=Spin Dash

Would work just as it does in the games. Hold Down after executing attack to hold it in place. Tap B repeatedly to power it up, release Down to attack. It's effect would be similar to Marth's Shield Breaker(whereas Jigglypuff's Rollout is like Roy's Flare Blade).

See? Easy. He'd probably be similar to Shiek and Marth; fast, agile jugglers. He would be somewhat weak overall, lacking in a truly powerful finisher, and would be fairly light. His Super could turn him into Super(or Hyper) Sonic. It would last as long as a Super Star, strengthening all of his attacks. He might take damage as it's in effect, though(it's draining his rings, afterall).

I'd actually like to see him with this moveset. It'd be pretty cool, IMO.

Bottomline: Look what they did for characters like Fox and Captain Falcon. Sonic would be a breeze compared to those two.

Now this is what I like to see. Everybody else was like NO WAI SONIC WOULD WORK!!1

You proved me wrong. I stand corrected.

Screw Sonic on Brawl. Seriously, it'll give those annoying little sonic fanboys the chance to go "zomg no tailz?" or to buy SSBB in masses and spam the online with their pre-teen anger.

Seriously, I think Sonic doesn't fit here and besides, all his latest games have been lackluster...

And for those who'll go "But but CE, Snake doesnt fit in either :S:S:S" I'll just say that he does. He does because his sense of humor fits Nintendo perfectly. His games have just the right ammount of wackyness and serious buisness, and he's even more out of place then Sonic, which makes him extra funny.

Snake FTW. And Simon Belmont.

Not Simon, Trevor would be better, since well, I like Trevor. Anywho, the major reason that I figured that Snake is allowed to be in there, since well, Snake did start out on the Famicom/NES. So it makes some sense of why he would be back for more. Though I'm surprised, Snake with no guns? I guess we'll just leave it up to them for this one.

Seriously, I think Sonic doesn't fit here and besides, all his latest games have been lackluster...
But all of Mr. Game and Watch's games were awesome!

My point is that the fact that you don't like some newer Sonic games isn't going to factor into Nintendo's final decision of whether or not to put him in. Afterall I don't like Pokemon, but I don't complain or make dumb generalizations when people use Pikachu against me.

But all of Mr. Game and Watch's games were awesome!

My point is that the fact that you don't like some newer Sonic games isn't going to factor into Nintendo's final decision of whether or not to put him in. Afterall I don't like Pokemon, but I don't complain or make dumb generalizations when people use Pikachu against me.

Thats half the fun...

Anywho, the major reason that I figured that Snake is allowed to be in there, since well, Snake did start out on the Famicom/NES. So it makes some sense of why he would be back for more. Though I'm surprised, Snake with no guns? I guess we'll just leave it up to them for this one.

Heh, yeah, interesting message from Nintendo.

Guns=BAD

Explosives=YAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Also, for the record, while I like Sonic overall(mostly the older games, mind you), I'm by no means a Sonic fanboy. Tails definately shouldn't be in it(I'd pick Knuckles before Tails anyway).

I think that if they're gonna put 3rd party characters in it, it should be 1 character per company. Snake/Konami. Sonic/Sega. They're just special cameos. They don't need to overload the game with Sega or Konami characters.

Of course, I've never played the Castlevania series. I imagine my opinion might change if I do. :P