Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

EDIT- Found the tournament results:

Whoa, that's crazy. I know a lot of those people, but haven't talked to them in a while after fading out from the SSB community several months ago. Hmm, Cort and Saver, Unknownforce. Oh, and PC Chris, definitely. And some of the other names ring a bell, too.

Edit: Jiggs's Wall of Pain doesn't work terribly well on Marth, hm? What with his giant range and all. At least you can DI out of anything he tries to draw you into, like short hopped double fairs or nairs strung together. But offensively, it's hard to get through his quick aerials.

I like throwing these terms around. It brings back good memories.

What I want is video replay for the next Smash Brothers. That way those who play against me can relive their shame in being beaten.

AMEN. that would be awsome, i was thinking about that my self. it be cool if you could then post them online.

I played in a tourney a while ago...

Second place.

I got beat by a Ganondorf when I was Fox. I started out winning, but he eventually figured out how to counter me... and I think I ended up getting kinda scared of him, jumping straight into predictable tactics.

It was single elimination too, so it's not like either of us had lost any previous matches...

I want a rematch. =/

What I want is video replay for the next Smash Brothers. That way those who play against me can relive their shame in being beaten.

AMEN. that would be awsome, i was thinking about that my self. it be cool if you could then post them online.

Whilst using the Wiimote to control camera angles.

Whilst using the Wiimote to control camera angles.

Watch your friend's brutal defeat with every camera angle posible!

ken, recepherus, azn + anden, dezee, the doug, and robpimpfalco where not there, making me not interested in said tournament

:)

My buddies play with Ken. Freaking awesome.

You live near LA? Ken is amazing with Marth, sure, especially coming out of nowhere and winning a tournament a few years back, but I'm not very fond of how he beat Bombsoldier in that Japanese tourney, with the chain throwing against Falco. I won't say it's cheap, but it's not very exciting to watch, and it's a bit of a take-every-advantage-you've-got tactic. I like Azen better. With his play-every-character philosophy.

Actually, Isai/Malva. With his insane SSB64 skills.

ken, recepherus, azn + anden, dezee, the doug, and robpimpfalco where not there, making me not interested in said tournament

You live near LA? Ken is amazing with Marth, sure, especially coming out of nowhere and winning a tournament a few years back, but I'm not very fond of how he beat Bombsoldier in that Japanese tourney, with the chain throwing against Falco. I won't say it's cheap, but it's not very exciting to watch, and it's a bit of a take-every-advantage-you've-got tactic. I like Azen better. With his play-every-character philosophy.

Yea I'm about an hour from LA. I haven't had the honor of playing anyone like Ken in a tournament yet, but just about everyone in my "Smash Crew" has played him or watched him play in person on several occasions. He is pretty nuts with Marth. I agree with what you said about the match against Bombsoldier. That chain throwing is disgusting, especially against heavies like Falco. It makes me sad inside cuz I'm a Falco user myself. :(

What music do you listen to while you smash?

Here's a list of artists I have on shuffle while I play:

Ego Likeness

VNV Nation

Guilty Gear X OST

Devil May Cry OST (battle themes only)

Soul Calibur III OST (battle themes only)

Metal Gear Solid OST(battle themes only)

Matrix Trilogy OST & Albums

Destroyer C

Zeromancer

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (battle themes only)

Any action theme from Harry Gregson-Williams

Just checked engadget.com, it lists a possible rumour that Ubisoft characters could possibly in the mix.

The Characters in the article possible,

Jade (!)-Beyond Good and Evil

Sam Fisher-Splinter Cell

Rayman-needs no intro.

The Prince-Prince of Persia

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/19/rumor-ubisoft-character-making-super-smash-bros-brawl-roster/

The thought of playing as Jade in a new game is too good for me. Maybe Ancel will finish the games supposed trilogy... here's to blind hope.

Rayman could actually be a possibility, but Jade? Don't make me drown in tears of joy.

Yea I'm about an hour from LA. I haven't had the honor of playing anyone like Ken in a tournament yet, but just about everyone in my "Smash Crew" has played him or watched him play in person on several occasions. He is pretty nuts with Marth. I agree with what you said about the match against Bombsoldier. That chain throwing is disgusting, especially against heavies like Falco. It makes me sad inside cuz I'm a Falco user myself. :(

As am I. And Bombsoldier plays an absolutely amazing Falco. His follow ups after Masashi's (at least, I think it's Masashi, I've forgotten a lot of stuff) Fox DIs after getting hit by shines are awesome.

Oh, and Falco is actually pretty light, but he falls the fastest in the game. Funny how he's a bird.

Guess what? Not only did Kojima get his character into Brawl, he's also designing the Metal Gear Solid stage for it!

According to the August 2006 issue of Nintendo Power magazine, Metal Gear Solid Creator Hideo Kojima is designing Solid Snake's stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

During Nintendo Power's "Point-Counter-Point" feature, Editor Chris Hoffman noted, "If you want to talk about something big, how about the news that Hideo Kojima, Snake's creator, is designing Snake's level in Brawl? Snake's inclusion means we're not only getting one of the best characters in gaming but one of the best developers as well.

Source: The Wiire

We'll be getting some sweet stealth action, courtesy of Mr.Hideo.