Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Viewtiful Joe would be iffy. You can't slo-mo or speed up, it would destroy the pace of the battle.

I figure it can focus on his other powers. For example, Up+B could be like his zoomed-in jump, Down+B he catches fire, damaging (but not stunning) anyone who touches him too long.

And his B move could be a slow, powerful punch, just like Falcon Punch. Smash+B could be the Voomerang.

Viewtiful Joe would be iffy. You can't slo-mo or speed up, it would destroy the pace of the battle.

I figure it can focus on his other powers. For example, Up+B could be like his zoomed-in jump, Down+B he catches fire, damaging (but not stunning) anyone who touches him too long.

And his B move could be a slow, powerful punch, just like Falcon Punch. Smash+B could be the Voomerang.

Don't forget the supers either.

His Slow-mo or Speed-up could easily be a super.

For Slow-mo, he could beat the crap out of someone mano-a-mano.

For Speed-up, he could zoom around the stage ruining multiple people.

That being said what do you guys think of multiple supers?

I'm mean it seems a little unfair that some charaters can deal massive damage to one guy or others can ruin whole stages.

What if you could choose between the two?

One for massive damage or one for area damage?

I mean take Link for example:

We've all seen his Omnislash-type super in the trailer but, let's say his area attack could be turning into the Wolf and zipping around the stage causing damage to all players. (I think it's a waste not to use the Wolf in some way.)

I think it could work...

Wario's Super Duper Ass Blast of DOOM FTW.

Regarding speculation of as yet unseen supermoves...let's see, Metaknight's could be that twister beam thing he used in Kirby Super Star that sweeps the arena. DK's (he'll be returning in this game, right?) could be an upgraded Spinning Kong attack in which he spins so fast that he turns into a twister. Pikachu's would be an uber-sized Thunder attack. As for Pit and Snake, I haven't played any of their games, so I got nothing.

I was playing Super Smash Bros Melee at my buddies house a few days ago and I forgot how much fun that game is. I don't have it so I hardly ever get to play it. I also discovered I am quite good with Ness.

Speaking of Ness, what would his super move be?

PK Rockin Ω, definitely. It would look awesome in 3D, and it covers the whole screen, much like what the other characters' super moves seem to do. Damn, now I'm getting even more excited for this game!

So, the month of August has been a good month for Smash Bros. Melee tournaments in CT. I went to a tourney on August 12th held at a local mall. There was a fair turnout, about 25 people or so. I easily defeated my first opponent with my Roy, beating his Link and then his Kirby for a straight-sets victory. My next opponent proved a little more difficult. He played with Yoshi, and beat me in the first round, but I rallied to beat him twice in a row and claim victory. Afterwards, I had the unfortunate pleasure of facing my friend JV Smooth in the semifinals of the winners bracket. He beat me in straight sets with his Peach. After that, I went to the losers bracket, where I faced my friendly rival, a kid who calls himself V. We've faced each other at every tournament that we've both been at, so we have a friendly rivalry. He won the first round by one stock, and I won the second round by one stock. The final round could have gone either way, but he triumphed with one stock left. It was the best match I've ever played, even though I ended up losing and being eliminated as a result. I finished 5th at that tournament I believe.

That Tuesday, a friend of ours hosted a Smashfest that he called Viva la Smash at his home. It was a two-day event, but my friend JV and I were only able to attend on Wednesday. There was a friendly free tournament, so we participated. I played Green Hunter first, a Smasher from Mass. that uses Samus (I think he may be a member of the Mages). He beat my Roy, then beat my Marth for a straight-set victory. Afterwards, I played three people in the losers bracket, and beat them all handily. But unfortunately, I had to face JV again at this tournament, and he beat and eliminated me. I tied for 7th at this tournament.

After that tourney, we all hung out playing friendly matches. I was choosing my characters randomly, and the Ice Climbers came up. I used to play with them pretty seriously, but I left them to focus solely on Roy. Since they came up on random, I played with them, and proceeded to own everyone I faced. I even played Green Hunter in a friendly, and I beat him. I was very surprised at how well I played with them after ignoring them for months. So I think I'm going to switch them back to being my main characters, in place or Roy. I'll practice up with them, and hopefully have them at 100% in time for the next tourney, which is only a few weeks away.

I don't think anyone posted this, but they released a new tier list over a month ago, for anyone who's interested:

From http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77926

Top Tier:

Fox

Falco

High Tier:

Sheik

Marth

Peach

Middle Tier:

Captain Falcon

Ice Climbers

Samus

Doctor Mario

Jigglypuff

Mario

Ganondorf

Low Tier:

Link

Luigi

Donkey Kong

Roy

Young Link

Pikachu

Bottom Tier:

Yoshi

Zelda

Mr. Game and Watch

Ness

Bowser

Kirby

Pichu

Mewtwo

I'm not sure about this new list. Falco is deadly, but Peach can shred Falco with the mere twirl of her dress.

Though Tiers are perhaps the wrong way to organize things. Maybe a logical counter-web given graphical form? Too many A beats B and C beats A but B beats C instances.

I don't think anyone posted this, but they released a new tier list over a month ago, for anyone who's interested:

From http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=77926

Top Tier:

Fox

Falco

High Tier:

Sheik

Marth

Peach

Middle Tier:

Captain Falcon

Ice Climbers

Samus

Doctor Mario

Jigglypuff

Mario

Ganondorf

Low Tier:

Link

Luigi

Donkey Kong

Roy

Young Link

Pikachu

Bottom Tier:

Yoshi

Zelda

Mr. Game and Watch

Ness

Bowser

Kirby

Pichu

Mewtwo

This list is crap. You know what tipped me off first? The fact that the Bottom Tier is the biggest. Everyone knows that SSBM is one of the most balanced fighters out there. A balanced game doesn't come from having the most bottom tier characters. It comes from having the most middle tier characters (actually a truly balanced game would have no tiers). Besides that, Link is definitely not worse than Jigglypuff or Mario, and Mario definitely needs to be a tier lower than Doctor Mario, not on the same tier. And what's with the new top tier? I don't know anyone who regularly wins with those two (other than the guy at school who always wins with every character).

/end rant

It's been far too long since I've played SSBM. I need to do that sometime.

Ice Climbers

I'm curious as to whether or not I'm the only person here who is good with the ice climbers specifically after forcefully eliminating the cpu controlled one.

I used to only play as the Ice Climbers but I liked having the cpu controlled one around. I wasn't that bad either.

Ice Climbers

I'm curious as to whether or not I'm the only person here who is good with the ice climbers specifically after forcefully eliminating the cpu controlled one.

wut? how?

Jump off the edge and grab onto a ledge.

I know that, I mean how are you better?

It's easier to see where you are, rather than getting a double image, nana is no longer around so it seems like you're able to dodge more attacks, even if you aren't.

Plus I'm pretty sure there's a slight delay when Nana's around that isn't there when she's dead.

I win consistently as Falco or Fox, but the top two tiers should be merged, with shiek moved to the middle tier.

The only characters that belong in the bottom tier are Game and Watch and Jigglypuff.

Yes, I am aware that Jigglypuff is ridiculous. I'm also aware that Jigglypuff is the most predictable fighter in the game. On ground, you can't do anything but rush forward, and in the air you're forced to do one of the punches. Rollout takes too long to be normally useful, and sleep's hitbox is too small. Jigglypuff is NOT on the same level as Captain Falcon or Mario.

Ice Climbers

wut? how?

Jump off the edge and grab onto a ledge.

I know that, I mean how are you better?

Rocketsniper's got the basic idea really.

That and since the pc controls nana i might be trying to set an opponent up in some way, and right after i get them where i want them nana comes in and swings like a retard and knocks them away or in whatever other way ruins what i had planned.

I used to be able to get my friends to wait at the very start of a fight to let me kill her off, but now that they know why I do it they never give me the chance. :lol: