Combined VS. Play Time: 197:01

VS. Play Match Total: 3144

Time Match Total: 158

Stock Match Total: 2876

Coin Match Total: 4

Bonus Match Total: 6

VS. Play Contestants: 4379

Match Reset Counter: 382

Total Damage: 2733270 (Mario dealing 1mil+%)

KO Total: 17129

Self-Destruct Total: 5115

Longest Time: Mario

2nd Longest Time: Bowser

Shortest Time: Ice Climbers

Smash Champ: Mario

Smash Sap: Bowser

Slug Meister: Mario

Punching Bag: Bowswer

KO Kingpin: Mario

No-Defense Nelly: Bowser

Disaster Master: Mario

My preferred training method are 1 on 1 VS. stock matches versus one level 9 Bowser with 3-4 lives, thus him being the 2nd most used character :?

I'm pretty damn sure that, unless SSB3 is a helluva lot better, SSBM will be the one Nintendo game that I will never cease to play. Long live SSBM!

so many possibilities for content.

I CERTAINLY WANT SCENARIOS FOR MULTIPLAYER DAMMIT!

I said it before and I'll say it again!

I want a king of the hill mode, I want some scenarios where you have to defend some object or building while your opponent tries to destroy it. I want a special attacks a la newer Street Fighter games where if you build up enough juice through a match you can perform some ultra awesome attack (and maybe while that attack is going on you change shape [Link>Fierce Diety Link, Pikachu>Raichu, Bowser>Giga Bowser, Mario>Tanooki mario?; you get the idea]. ALL the levels from the previous games, including all the old Smash Bros 64 levels (Why the hell didn't they the original Hyrule Castle in Melee?! That level rocked! So did Silph Co.!!). I want tons more Pokemon in Pokeballs (thats a given). Ash as a character would be pretty cool, I just wish they'd throw in Team Rocket. JESSE! JAMES! Meowth thats right. Can you imagine a character similar to the Ice Climbers where you control 3 characters instead of just 2? Jesse, james, and meowth. That would rock! ^_~. I wanna see multiple movesets for clone characters, with the option to pick whether they want the cloned attacks from Melee or brand spankin' new attacks for the Wii game (Ganondorf could have old attacks, OR he could have new attacks with that badass sword he had in his winning pose). WE NEED MORE ENEMIES IN THE LEVELS WHILE WE'RE FIGHTING. Whenever I would play with friends, every couple months we'd get a ReDead, or a goomba, or a polar bear, or a koopa troopa... why didn't this happen more often?! They should just have an "Enemies" item that spawns enemies out of boxes instead of this ultra rare random crap. You never see them, and people are so stupid that the first thing they do is attack them instead of using them to throw at people. >_<. What about a Co-Op mode? 4 players vs. advancing ReDead? goombas? You have to protect an area from them. I mean, I just want more scenarios. Coin Battle is boring!!! Give us real sccenarios! Some mini-games might be fun, too. SO Many possibilities. BRING BACK THE INTRODUCTIONS WHERE CHARACTERS DID STUFF IN THE COUNTDOWN TOWARDS THE BATTLE, THOSE WERE SORELY MISSED IN MELEE!!!!! Give me the rest of the StarFox team... no clones. And maybe a Zora... and Goron. HELL, give me TONS of crazy characters. GIMME a koopa troopa! WARIO! WALUIGI! BABY MARIO... BABY LUIGI! HELL, Baby Brothers, like ice climbers. I want some memories attached to this game. They scratched the surface on Melee but there is sooo much more. The option to destroy things in levels! Can you imagine fighting on the GreatFox and using too many bombs so that the thing crashes into Corneria City below? The fighting continues in city ruins, where badguys from StarFox are shooting at you? What about Hyrule Castle? Take out of the roof and everyone falls below into a Courtyard or a main cathedral. HECK, a pokemon stadium that can have pieces of it destroyed. HELL, Destroy pieces of everything on the Great Fox, they showed us that things CAN be destroyed like the laser gun, why not have more stuff blow up? Why not have wooden stuff catch fire for a little bit when a big explosion occurs? How about ForeSide and if you blew stuff up enough buildings would collapse, or you could tear the roof away from an entire building and fight inside the offices. The ability to use items that are level specific. EXAMPLE, you blow up a fence in Onnet. Use the pieces of broken wood as a projectile. Branch is knocked out of a tree, use it as a projectile. a Bobomb blows a hole through Peach's Castle, use the rocks and bricks and debris that were spread everywhere as weapons. 8 player mode via WII wifi connect?! Tag Team mode maybe???! And I'll go out reeeeeeeal far on a limb and say a level editor (which I know will never happen, but there I said it.) And ... give us a lot more music. The music from StarFox 1 was awesome, please put the Corneria theme in. Give us options to change music for levels. 2 songs per level was nice in Melee, but give us 3 or 4, or more?! Character color variants that change how the character looks... they do this with some characters but it should be done with more characters. (Link could have alternate looks such as: OOT low poly Link, Melee Link, WindWaker Link, Twilight Princess/Wii Link; ALL the with the options of changing their colors.... this will never happen probably since skeletal structures would be so vastly different for each 3d model.) PUT THE HYRULE CASTLE MusIC FROM LTTP IN!! AHH! ! ! AND MORE FZERO STUFF!

I really don't expect any of these but, hell, its my wishlist.

I had to stop my self I could have gone on forevr.

I want a king of the hill mode, I want some scenarios where you have to defend some object or building while your opponent tries to destroy it. I want a special attacks a la newer Street Fighter games where if you build up enough juice through a match you can perform some ultra awesome attack (and maybe while that attack is going on you change shape [Link>Fierce Diety Link, Pikachu>Raichu, Bowser>Giga Bowser, Mario>Tanooki mario?; you get the idea]. ALL the levels from the previous games, including all the old Smash Bros 64 levels (Why the hell didn't they the original Hyrule Castle in Melee?! That level rocked! So did Silph Co.!!). I want tons more Pokemon in Pokeballs (thats a given). Ash as a character would be pretty cool, I just wish they'd throw in Team Rocket. JESSE! JAMES! Meowth thats right. Can you imagine a character similar to the Ice Climbers where you control 3 characters instead of just 2? Jesse, james, and meowth. That would rock! ^_~. I wanna see multiple movesets for clone characters, with the option to pick whether they want the cloned attacks from Melee or brand spankin' new attacks for the Wii game (Ganondorf could have old attacks, OR he could have new attacks with that badass sword he had in his winning pose). WE NEED MORE ENEMIES IN THE LEVELS WHILE WE'RE FIGHTING. Whenever I would play with friends, every couple months we'd get a ReDead, or a goomba, or a polar bear, or a koopa troopa... why didn't this happen more often?! They should just have an "Enemies" item that spawns enemies out of boxes instead of this ultra rare random crap. You never see them, and people are so stupid that the first thing they do is attack them instead of using them to throw at people. >_<. What about a Co-Op mode? 4 players vs. advancing ReDead? goombas? You have to protect an area from them. I mean, I just want more scenarios. Coin Battle is boring!!! Give us real sccenarios! Some mini-games might be fun, too. SO Many possibilities. BRING BACK THE INTRODUCTIONS WHERE CHARACTERS DID STUFF IN THE COUNTDOWN TOWARDS THE BATTLE, THOSE WERE SORELY MISSED IN MELEE!!!!! Give me the rest of the StarFox team... no clones. And maybe a Zora... and Goron. HELL, give me TONS of crazy characters. GIMME a koopa troopa! WARIO! WALUIGI! BABY MARIO... BABY LUIGI! HELL, Baby Brothers, like ice climbers. I want some memories attached to this game. They scratched the surface on Melee but there is sooo much more. The option to destroy things in levels! Can you imagine fighting on the GreatFox and using too many bombs so that the thing crashes into Corneria City below? The fighting continues in city ruins, where badguys from StarFox are shooting at you? What about Hyrule Castle? Take out of the roof and everyone falls below into a Courtyard or a main cathedral. HECK, a pokemon stadium that can have pieces of it destroyed. HELL, Destroy pieces of everything on the Great Fox, they showed us that things CAN be destroyed like the laser gun, why not have more stuff blow up? Why not have wooden stuff catch fire for a little bit when a big explosion occurs? How about ForeSide and if you blew stuff up enough buildings would collapse, or you could tear the roof away from an entire building and fight inside the offices. The ability to use items that are level specific. EXAMPLE, you blow up a fence in Onnet. Use the pieces of broken wood as a projectile. Branch is knocked out of a tree, use it as a projectile. a Bobomb blows a hole through Peach's Castle, use the rocks and bricks and debris that were spread everywhere as weapons. 8 player mode via WII wifi connect?! Tag Team mode maybe???! And I'll go out reeeeeeeal far on a limb and say a level editor (which I know will never happen, but there I said it.) And ... give us a lot more music. The music from StarFox 1 was awesome, please put the Corneria theme in. Give us options to change music for levels. 2 songs per level was nice in Melee, but give us 3 or 4, or more?! Character color variants that change how the character looks... they do this with some characters but it should be done with more characters. (Link could have alternate looks such as: OOT low poly Link, Melee Link, WindWaker Link, Twilight Princess/Wii Link; ALL the with the options of changing their colors.... this will never happen probably since skeletal structures would be so vastly different for each 3d model.) PUT THE HYRULE CASTLE MusIC FROM LTTP IN!! AHH! ! ! AND MORE FZERO STUFF!

I wonder if this is the longest quote about SSBM ever.

The only issue I have with SSBM is that Donkey Kong rap. Absolutely horrendous.

In a world where 50 Cent rules the music charts, the DK Rap really deserves more respect.

naw.

the only good part was the distorted Funky Part.

the rest was pretty gay.

btw strike911, those suggestions were hot.

The only issue I have with SSBM is that Donkey Kong rap. Absolutely horrendous.

No one 'got' the DK Rap. It was supposed to be awful. That's Rare's humour. I remember reading on their site that the reaction they got from the song was completely different to what they were expecting. People took it too seriously..

You really think they will show the next smashbros at this e3? Sounds doubtful....
Wario Ware is already confirmed to be at E3. So at least a few Super Smash Brothers screenshots is guaranteed.

I used to lord over my friends with Pikachu in the originall SSB most of the time. I managed to pull off the immortal award in SSBM.

One of the most memorable battles I've had on SSBM was when me and my friend decided to have a "Battle of the Princesses Match" with me playing Peach and my friend playing Zelda. I ended up winning.

I wonder if this is the longest quote about SSBM ever.

I wonder if this is the least readable post ever.

As for most memorable moments, here are a few:

- My friend smashed me off the edge, then threw a Barrel Cannon at me which literally saved me (I would have died)

- When coming back onto the stage, I pwned someone in the face with the hookshot so they couldn't hit me (small achievement, but it got a lot of laughs)

- Using the battle cry "Call me Betty!" just before obliterating my friend (for those who don't get the reference-->Kung Pow)

I don't play so much for the wins, I play more for the fun.

Personally, I believe that the most fun part of SSBM (in a true reflex, twitch, and general insanity point of view) is stock Super Sudden Death. My most memorable moment was when I was playing in a 30-stock Sudden Death match with four of my friends and it came down to me and my friend and we both only had one life left. Neither of us wanted to make the first move so we just stood on opposite sides of the arena waiting for each other to move. It seemed like an eternity (but was actually probably just a few seconds) until a party ball fell next to my friend's character, opened up, and in what seemed to be slow motion a Goomba appeared, walked up to my friend's character and killed him before he could react, sealing my victory. Everyone was on the floor laughing at that moment. Needless to say my friend is truly terrified of Goombas now.

You know what really annoys me though. Everyone thinks they're really good, and be like "I pwn you on SSBM!" and of course, you "pwn" them big time.

And then you you think you're really good too, but in reality you really suck n_n.

Fighting lame friends is not good for your ego, it makes you think you're the best, then someone comes along and shows you every corner of the arena ehehehhe.

Anyway, wow, I am so out of practice now, I picked it up again yesterday and got absolutely annoyed by how bad I was. I could easily take on 3 level 9 characters before but now I'm just...bad... I need more practice.

Saw some videos of the supposedly best SSBM players in the world...looked fun 0_0 Which inspired me to actually become "good" again.

Some classic moments are always:

-In a hectic battle, you manage to get a pokeball and it could save your life! But... it's a Goldeen!

-Doing the down + B block attacks by Kirby! When I first saw it I laughed so hard, all the random block shapes, including the one from a Mario game whahahaha.

-A kill with a fully charged shot from Samus is always good for a chuckle.

-Fighting Giga bowser for the first time! And defeatng him with Rest ehehehhehe.

-So...addicted...to...coinmachine...must...get...new...trophies!

I think I actually have them all now.

Aww, now I actually feel like playing it again.

I'm just abit annoyed by the fact that the CPU players are ALWAYS able to grab you when you simply try and dodge using L + tap. For me, I'd have to first release 3 buttons and press on or 2 new ones before I could do that. CPU = too fast with reaction.

Other than that, this really is the perfect game. So many modes, so many nice characters, endless of fun too! Its been what? 4 years now?

Is that three level nines on a team against you without team attack on? Cuz if it's free for all, three level nines are still just a joke.

It also depends on what characters they are... and what they have learned from you (it seems that the cpu has an AI that sorta starts picking up stuff you do, but will never be as good)

Is that three level nines on a team against you without team attack on? Cuz if it's free for all, three level nines are still just a joke.

It also depends on what characters they are... and what they have learned from you (it seems that the cpu has an AI that sorta starts picking up stuff you do, but will never be as good)

Oh yeah, thats 3 lv. 9 that are after me, no team attack. And true, that would be a joke, thats why im so annoyed that I had some trouble with one the other day,

I'm horribly out of practice.

I usually just make them random anyway, it was captain falcon and bowser and roy.

I would seriously prever human players though, since they (if they're any good) actually try and finish you off after they attacked you.

I could survive for ages with 199+ damage, wheras a good human player could finish you off right away.

BTW,

What SSBM character do you use?

Mine is Dr.Mario, then Young Link

Fixed for safety's sake.

I use Captain Falcon and Game&Watch. I'd like to be good with GaW but he sucks hard, so I use him for his comedic value.

I play Falcon fairly well against some good people (they've done tournaments and such), so I'd say I'm above average.

"Fear the knee!"

Three level nine computers vs just you on stock sudden death is pretty damn hard. The only stage I can consistently do it on (without resorting to cheap moves) is Hyrule Temple.

Nothing like bouncing from the ceiling to the floor and back, when having 400+ damage :D .

Does anyone's game make Giant Luigi battles end in one second?

With me, he just jumps and kicks and falls into the gap. Kinda weird. I recall, when fighting him when i just got the game, that the battle would actually last long.

Surely it cant be an error.

Also, the computer can make Link stab really fast, like Kirby's fast punches. But for some reason a human player can't? Or am I doing something wrong? Simply mashing A doesnt work.

And when fighting team Ness, do they always run away for you too?

Also, the computer can make Link stab really fast, like Kirby's fast punches. But for some reason a human player can't? Or am I doing something wrong? Simply mashing A doesnt work.

It all depends on how you mash it. I've managed to do it several times, but I still haven't figured out exactly how to do it. IBu tonce I get it going, I often lose it after a second or two.

As for the rest of your problems, I've never encountered those kinds of anomalies. I also don't remember ever fighting a Giant Luigi.

It all depends on how you mash it. I've managed to do it several times, but I still haven't figured out exactly how to do it. IBu tonce I get it going, I often lose it after a second or two.

As for the rest of your problems, I've never encountered those kinds of anomalies. I also don't remember ever fighting a Giant Luigi.

Hmm, well Giant Luigi is just random on classic mode. But it does happen every time.

As for characters running away, I guess thats also a random AI thing. Like, sometimes a character would just stand still and if you get close they'l go on platforms on the side of the screen (if any) etc.

Btw, is it possible for every character to make an appearance as Metal character on Classic mode? because its often the same, yet some characters just NEVER make an appearance. Or does it depend on difficulty level?

I do get Mewtwo sometimes, but hardly ever any of the bonus characters.

I must be the only person that liked the original over the Gamecube one. I found the original to be easier to grab people (i can hardly do it in SSBM unless using link or samus) and the smackdowns were better executed when someone was trying to come back in the stage. I also liked the bob-omb explosions since they were more powerful.

The first time I bought the original I was disappointed since I started playing single player mode, then tried versus and I was HOOKED. I actually bought the game just because of the commercial...I still remember it.."me and you, and you and me...so happy together.." while all the characters were beating the snot out of each other.

I look forward to the new one.

Hmm, well Giant Luigi is just random on classic mode. But it does happen every time.

As for characters running away, I guess thats also a random AI thing. Like, sometimes a character would just stand still and if you get close they'l go on platforms on the side of the screen (if any) etc.

Btw, is it possible for every character to make an appearance as Metal character on Classic mode? because its often the same, yet some characters just NEVER make an appearance. Or does it depend on difficulty level?

I do get Mewtwo sometimes, but hardly ever any of the bonus characters.

The link smashing his sword thing, is just how fast you press it. It's REALLY fast. Try using your index finger. You'll either see what I mean, or never be able to please a woman. :D

The people running away from you thing, we would call that the pussy fight. When playing classic, one of the rounds (it's always the same one, and it IS on purpose) they run away from you. It's to make you chase after them, so you can't use cheap tactics. (such as, getting them onto a ledge above you while charging up a smash. If you time it right, they'll fall for it EVERY time.)