Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

I'm not exactly delighted to see 'em again - little buggers were a bit annoying - but it's nice to know which Melee-ers to start training against, all the same.

You might as well go ahead and start training against Mr. Game & Watch too, because thanks to the method Sakurai's been using to number franchise icons on the website, he's now about 99% confirmed.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated topic, I hope they bring back the concept of Past Stages again. It's be nice to brawl on the Melee Corneria - assuming they don't update it somehow for Brawl or something. The only ship we have of Star Fox so far is the Pleiades.

God, yes. Though I'd prefer the original's Sector Z to any of the Melee Star Fox stages.

For that matter, they should include EVERY stage from the first two games in the third. That'd be an awesome bonus message: "You just unlocked every stage EVER!"

You might as well go ahead and start training against Mr. Game & Watch too, because thanks to the method Sakurai's been using to number franchise icons on the website, he's now about 99% confirmed.

Sorry, I don't really follow you on this. What number method are you talking about?

Sorry, I don't really follow you on this. What number method are you talking about?

This came from Smashboards originally, for the record; I didn't come up with this on my own.

Go to Dojo and look at the filenames for any of the series icons used in the top left corner of each post; you'll notice they're numbered.

01 - Smash Bros.

02 - Donkey Kong

03 - Star Fox

04 - Kirby

05 - F-Zero

06 - Metroid

07 - Earthbound

08 - Pokémon

09 - Zelda

10 - Mario

11 - Yoshi

12 - Fire Emblem

13 - ???

14 - Ice Climber

15 - Animal Crossing

16 - Wario

17 - ???

18 - Kid Icarus

Now obviously, by looking at that list, you can tell that 2-11 are franchises that first made an appearance in the original game, while 12-14 are Melee originals, and 15 on are various series new in Brawl.

We can all be safe in guessing 17 is Metal Gear. But 13 has to be a franchise that first was used in Melee... and the only new characters from franchises not originally in the first game were Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, and Mr. G&W. Since Fire Emblem and Ice Climber are already accounted for in the icon list, clearly Game and Watch has to be the missing franchise.

This came from Smashboards originally, for the record; I didn't come up with this on my own.

Go to Dojo and look at the filenames for any of the series icons used in the top left corner of each post; you'll notice they're numbered.

01 - Smash Bros.

02 - Donkey Kong

03 - Star Fox

04 - Kirby

05 - F-Zero

06 - Metroid

07 - Earthbound

08 - Pokémon

09 - Zelda

10 - Mario

11 - Yoshi

12 - Fire Emblem

13 - ???

14 - Ice Climber

15 - Animal Crossing

16 - Wario

17 - ???

18 - Kid Icarus

Now obviously, by looking at that list, you can tell that 2-11 are franchises that first made an appearance in the original game, while 12-14 are Melee originals, and 15 on are various series new in Brawl.

We can all be safe in guessing 17 is Metal Gear. But 13 has to be a franchise that first was used in Melee... and the only new characters from franchises not originally in the first game were Ice Climbers, Marth, Roy, and Mr. G&W. Since Fire Emblem and Ice Climber are already accounted for in the icon list, clearly Game and Watch has to be the missing franchise.

Your logic is intriguing indeed.

01 - Smash Bros.

02 - Donkey Kong

03 - Star Fox

04 - Kirby

05 - F-Zero

06 - Metroid

07 - Earthbound

08 - Pokémon

09 - Zelda

10 - Mario

11 - Yoshi

12 - Fire Emblem

13 - ???

14 - Ice Climber

15 - Animal Crossing

16 - Wario

17 - ???

18 - Kid Icarus

this kinda makes me sad to think that there won't be anymore new characters, much less 3rd party ones

Just wondering if any of you guys here are around the Bay Area in CA that want to Smash. Not too many people to Smash with lately... I don't like going to tournaments (though a lot of you think otherwise) so I'd rather be playing friendlies with people I (sorta) know.

This is why Brawl better have online play. :P I wish I had more people to play with, especially people a lot better than me so I can advance.

I was thinking a thing:

Because the Melee Ganondorf is only a clone of Falcon, probably they will chance his moves set...

But the old Ganondorf was good so....why they don't put in someone like Black Shadow to replace the Melee Ganondorf?

Way back in the thread, I think it was mentioned that Ganondorf is supposed to have his own moves.