Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Who else can we fruitlessly hope to see?

-Medusa (Kid Icarus)

-Eggman (Sonic)

-K.Rool (DKC)

-Wart (SMB2)

-Koopalings 7-way tagteam [using the "pokemon trainer" engine] (SMB3; and I just made myself sad)

-Cranky Kong Assist Trophy

-Malo (Zelda TP) [side-special: stare-down of doom]

-Yeto (Zelda TP)

-Odolwa (Zelda MM)

-Sephiroth (Half-Baked)

-Tails (Sonic)

-Jesse and/or James (Pokemon; the new pichu)

-Pacman (Pez-Dispenser)

-Starwolf (Starfox) [actually, is this plausible?]

-Tetris blocks (Tetris; the new Dr. Mario)

-Nergal (Fire Emblem)

-Shadow Mario (Mario Sunshine)

-Tingle (Zelda MM; he was already in Melee too much...)

-Captain Olimar (Pikmin)

-Quickman (Megaman)

-Vivian (Paper Mario TTYD)

-Tatanga (SML)

-That Werewolf Dude from Altered Beast (Altered Beast)

Alright. I'm done.

power glove needs to be somehow implemented into this game.

1) Implemented as an assist trophy, the power glove punches random players.

2) As an item - the wearer becomes more bad.

3) Upon defeating the Master Hand, it returns wearing a Power Glove.

4) Doomed to obscurity as a plain ol' trophy, or worse: a sticker.

Slippy would be a good replacement for the punching bag in the home-run challenge.

Or, in a tag-team with Peppy. His Final Smash would involve Fox flying in from above and shooting all the players, at which point Peppy exclaims "Do a barrel roll!" Actually, if he's in a tag team with Peppy, you'd control Peppy, and Slippy would just be a punching bag that yells for help. And of course, he'd warn Peppy whenever he walks towards mines, and Peppy would say something like "Thanks Slippy! I couldn't have done it without you!"

"Aww, thanks Peppy!" "Do a barrel roll!"

Isaac_lSword_CastFront2.gif

C'mon Isaac!

We need Isaac!

The thing about this guy - he'd make a phenomenal assist trophy, doing one of his crazy big moves. Not saying he wouldn't make a better playable character, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. ...PLEASE MAKE HIM A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!!! .....

Mike Jones on the other hand (from Star Tropics), while he'd make an amazing playable character, he'd be a pretty mediocre assist trophy.... what would he do, slowly walk up to someone and hit them with a yoyo? If there's a Star Tropics assist trophy, I'd hope for one of the bosses or enemies, or The Snowman Doll item that freezes everyone.

If I recall correctly, was there not a Snowman Doll item in Paper Mario 2, or perhaps Super Paper Mario? That would make a great Final Smash for Mike ^_^ We can add him to the "fruitlessly hope to see" list though, it seems nobody's heard of that game. Hard to believe it's on the same system as Ice Climbers.......

I heard tales of a metroid AT in the demo, but never saw one in the videos, so I don't know how reliable the rumor is.

There is definitely a Metroid AT in the game, it got used on me quite a number of times at E for All.

It basically flies around, then latches onto a player and sucks some life out (IE does damage). You can shake it off with attacks, sidestepping like crazy etc.

Its annoying, but it can be very beneficial (OR annoying depending on who you are) too because if it latches onto you for some reason it actually protected some characters from being sent flying from a Final Smash. I don't know if it would work with the more up close ones like Ikes but the big shooting ones like Marios and Samus' did their damage but the Metroid kept them from being sent off.

It seems an unintentional benefit but its a benefit nonetheless. Maybe they'll fix it.

Who else can we fruitlessly hope to see?

-Medusa (Kid Icarus)

-Eggman (Sonic)

-K.Rool (DKC)

-Wart (SMB2)

-Koopalings 7-way tagteam [using the "pokemon trainer" engine] (SMB3; and I just made myself sad)

-Cranky Kong Assist Trophy

-Malo (Zelda TP) [side-special: stare-down of doom]

-Yeto (Zelda TP)

-Odolwa (Zelda MM)

-Sephiroth (Half-Baked)

-Tails (Sonic)

-Jesse and/or James (Pokemon; the new pichu)

-Pacman (Pez-Dispenser)

-Starwolf (Starfox) [actually, is this plausible?]

-Tetris blocks (Tetris; the new Dr. Mario)

-Nergal (Fire Emblem)

-Shadow Mario (Mario Sunshine)

-Tingle (Zelda MM; he was already in Melee too much...)

-Captain Olimar (Pikmin)

-Quickman (Megaman)

-Vivian (Paper Mario TTYD)

-Tatanga (SML)

-That Werewolf Dude from Altered Beast (Altered Beast)

Alright. I'm done.

Geno (SMRPG!)

1) Mike Jones on the other hand (from Star Tropics), while he'd make an amazing playable character, he'd be a pretty mediocre assist trophy.... what would he do, slowly walk up to someone and hit them with a yoyo? If there's a Star Tropics assist trophy, I'd hope for one of the bosses or enemies, or The Snowman Doll item that freezes everyone.

If I recall correctly, was there not a Snowman Doll item in Startropics? That would make a great Final Smash for Mike ^_^ We can add him to the "fruitlessly hope to see" list though, it seems nobody's heard of that game. Hard to believe it's on the same system as Ice Climbers.......

Game reference fixed, considering that Mike has a Snowman Doll in his own series. Also, Jones would be frigging phenomenal -- if I see him in the game at all that'd be amazing. He could throw baseballs or bolas and swing his yoyo (that would change into a shooting star and into a supernova depending on how high is damage was).

Incidentally, the main cave music from Startropics is also awesome...spoilers, white text follows but it's even better in the remix done in the sequel upon the return to C-Island.

Also, is there a tag that I can use to mark spoilers so that I don't have to white out the text manually?

I foresee adventure mode for the "villains" being different than the normal one, where the normal bosses are replaced with the good guys. That is all. Please elaborate illustrious community of OCR.

whoo, late quote. But meh... i would be nice, but sounds like wishfull thinking to me. I mean, it would be strange to have have someone like bowser fight Petey, but that's not how it works, now does it? The Adventure mode seems to choose who you will be playing at the moment (beginning with a choice between kirby and mariom, later one one between diddy and donkey etc) So by the time you get to play as one of the villains, the story will have unfulded in such a way that they will fight someone relevant to their background as well. For the moment it seems anyway that adventure mode features fixed scens with fixed characters

EDIT

not fixing the spelling, just saying it's early and im in a hurry, so sorry

Wait, what? We get Dedede's moves before Lucas'? When are they going to settle the whole "is he a Ness clone?" debate? That being said, Dedede looks awesome! Glad to see one of my favorite Nintendo characters is in Brawl. With his Up+B, it says you can cancel it in mid-air, perhaps other characters like Bowser will be able to do something like this?

aw man, no fucking way he ain't gonna be a main for me

those are some sick specials

As fun as it is to pick mains ahead of time, I think it's kind of silly. Consider the fact how many people said that they were going to main Bowser before Melee came out. Look how poorly that turned out.

Unless you're Gimpyfish.

As fun as it is to pick mains ahead of time, I think it's kind of silly. Consider the fact how many people said that they were going to main Bowser before Melee came out. Look how poorly that turned out.

Unless you're Gimpyfish.

quiet, you

it's not like i'm restricting myself to just him anyway. I CAN MAIN MORE THAN ONE. YOU KNOW IM AN EARTHBOUND WHORE. I CANT FORGO NESS OR LUCAS