Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Hopefully this is all a false alarm. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to push back the US release. My theory being, they'll have time to iron out any Nintendo Wi-Fi issues with the game before producing a million or so discs.

Since, y'know, Nintendo simply doesn't have a lot of experience with online gaming. :( But that's just my take on it.

Yeah. Maybe when they get Brawl straightened out they'll finally be able to help Activision get the d/l content for Wii Guitar Hero working.

Hmm, with the recent and extreme drop of quality in this thread, and with school picking up, I'm going to have to say goodbye to this thread. Good night thread! Good night bed. Good night head band that's tied to Snake's head. Goodnight Olimar. Good night salad bar. Good night person who posts what the updates are.

I may not check here for a day, maybe for a week, maybe never - but don't worry; every time I look up at the Dojo, I'll be reminded of this thread - and maybe people all over the thread will be reminded of me as well. Good bye!!

*Suddenly he does a great jump!*

Goodbye everyone!!

*Choppa-choppa-choppa!*

Goodbyeeeee...!!!!!

Yep. He makes his exit.

Alright! Another great Final Smash. I love how they're utilizing different styles of Final Smashes for everyone. This is awesome!

Although, personally, it looks to me like Sakurai is just trying to maximize the amount of time Snake's ass is in our face. I mean, look at that third shot! It's like... right there! In all it's ... assy glory.

Teehee. j/k j/k j/k

anyway, cool stuff. :)

That final smash barely resembles anything that Snake specifically does though.. I was hoping for a Metal Gear of any kind.

true, but forcing Snake to emphasize explosives (the route they've taken with Snake in SSBB) isn't really anything he is known for doing either. I mean, I guess Snake does shoot things... but... I don't think I ever used the grenade launcher in any MGS games (maybe MGS2) except for the VR Training modes. I was kind of hoping for something utilizing a Metal Gear, but this is cool, I think, because it's so much different from other types of Final Smashes, even though it's not a giant Metal Gear kicking some ass. I mean, they could've used a Metal Gear, and it probably would have been something along the lines of Fox's Landmaster Final Smash but... hmm.

I guess they could have had a Metal Gear do the shooting instead of Snake...

*shrugs*

I don't think Sakurai will drop the bomb of the FS for a little while, I personally would revel in the shock he's just given some people and take it slow with the stage then special moves. Or drop a completely unrelated bomb to further consolidate that he's got more surprises up his sleeve.

Insert obvious grenade joke here.

i think snake's FS suits him. i never imagined him summoning a metal gear cuz that wouldnt be original seeign as they already are on his stage. and maybe the FS is a lot cooler than the snapshots show. who knows? u jus gotta be optimistic and wait to see for yourselves

Insert obvious grenade joke here.

Heh, I guess I was right in some form.

Anyway, I do like the idea. It feels real similar to the proposed mechanism for the Dragoon, which is kinda cool. They should allow aiming to be done via Wiimote if that control style is being used (or Nunchuck). That'd be an interesting facet to gameplay since the limited buttons or the fact that it isn't a GCN controller may be uninviting.

please....

dont post in pink again...

QFE

You know, it's funny because when I was looking at the update list, I thought Olimar was going to be an AT. I agree with Global though, I doubt you'll see a Metal Gear as one. I also don't think Snake's FS is inappropriate for him either. Sure he never uses a helicopter in the games, but it's not outside of believability. Why would Snake summon a Metal Gear for his FS anyways? He fights them, he isn't allied with the people that have them.

On the topic of Olimar, I just hope he doesn't play too gimmicky like I felt the Ice Climbers did in the last one. Could be a fun alternative to them, on the other hand, and that in itself has my interest. Can't imagine what his FS will be. Maybe the Pikmin swarm you in huge numbers?