Super Smash Bros. Brawl

CE

Maybe you have to play for 200 hours as well? I just unlocked the random stage select edit option a few weeks ago myself, and I think I had just been playing multiplayer for a really long time.

200 Hours is way to rediculous. Look on gamefaqs or anywhere else, they say when you unlock Poke Floats (play 200 matches in Vs. Mode) you will have already unlocked 3 other levels. Once you have all four you should get the random filter

Meh whatever, I'll just copy and paste the data from someone elses memory card

You get a notification for playing one million Vs. mode matches. It tells you to go outside. How many hours do you suppose that would take to get? (maybe it was Vs. hours, I'm not sure exactly which)

On topic.... I don't play Smash unless I'm at a tournament (and I've only been to 2, going to another one on the 23rd). I hardly ever utilize wavedashes unless I'm waveshining, or waveshielding occasionally. I DO use 'advanced techs'. I use both the C-stick and A button for aerials. I watch my opponent. I play. That's all there is to it for me. I don't even have a main character really, although I tend to tier-whore about 60% of the time (Roy is my unofficial low-tier :o). Otherwise I'll use whatever character I feel like using at the time.

Okay so I came back from mine too. And I did better than I expected.

So I went with my friend Andrew and we entered in the team battles. Two of our other friends came along too.

Double elimination, MLG rules, level bans, best of three matches, loser picks stage.

Our first battle was against DSF and Romeo. We were taking away their lives but it still felt like we were a joke. I didn't know we were against DSF until after the match. This was my first tournament after playing Smash for only a few months and I have to go up against a guy that's ranked in the top 25 of the nation? Ridiculous.

So we ended up in the losers bracket but we ended up rocking the next good handful of matches to lift our spirits. Andrew and I took out half of ThomaSexy's crew (for anyone that knows them from SmashBoards and their numerous tournaments they go to) and my other two friends eliminated the other half of their crew. :)

We won maybe a good four or five battles. If we got a little further we would have had to faced DSF again in the finals. It was kinda depressing but inspiring that the guys that beat us were way better than us and DSF and his partner were way better than them. Looks like I still have a long way to go.

Out of all the people there, I'd say just about everyone was as good as me in the videos (where I didn't really play my best) that I posted on the earlier pages. I say this so that maybe you guys can get an idea of how the turnout was like. All the people that were actually better than me were all better by a long shot.

I wish I did better at this tournament, but what can I say really, except for maybe, "Freaking DSF."

Bumped cuz it looks like it was completely overlooked.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/cheats/master-hand-in-super-smash-bros-64-201646.php

Might be old, but I saw it and I thought of you guys. Enjoy.

Ridiculously fake unfortunately. :(

Is it really? Damnit.

Yea notice the flickering at the beginning? The dude is emulating it on computer. He probably hacked it to use Master Hand. I've hacked the game on a Gameshark for fun to use Master Hand once. Game freezes once you run out of HP.

Has anyone ever used Z-Cancelling has opposed to L-Cancelling? Same principle, but instead of doing aerials with either the C-Stick or A button, you use the Z button to attack and then immediately press Z again upon hitting the ground. Since you don't really have to move different fingers, like with L-Cancelling, it makes it alot easier and faster. I've been working at it lately and it really works. I'm just having a hard time unlearning years of L-cancelling.

So, just a general question, but does anyone know the different effects of a light (large) shield as opposed to the darker, more dense (small) one?

If that was unclear I'll try to explain it better. Basically, is there any benifit for lightly depressing the L/R button or using z-sheild as opposed to jamming the L/R button?

differences of bubbleshield:

-larger shieldstun time

-you slide further when hit

-less chance of shieldstab

-uses up shield less quickly

so, it's useful to throw off combos sometimes, and to get away, and for people like gaw who have tiny shields...(and for the fastfaller vs marth lightshield edgehog trick)...but sucks if you're trying to shieldgrab.

Yes, you can L cancle with other buttons, people just started calling it L cancle. It's all about preference

The L stands for lag. Also, I've been raped by a Marth who used the short-hopped double forward aerial. I think he got me 7 times in a row with it once. He was using Z for that, and it works well too. The second press cancels the lag and you can go straight into another SHDFA much easier.

-larger shieldstun time

so, it's useful to throw off combos sometimes, and to get away, and for people like gaw who have tiny shields...(and for the fastfaller vs marth lightshield edgehog trick)...but sucks if you're trying to shieldgrab.

Don't forget it covers your whole character, so people who try sliding attacks against you are stopped

-larger shieldstun time

Don't forget it covers your whole character, so people who try sliding attacks against you are stopped

That's what that means btw

Yes, you can L cancle with other buttons, people just started calling it L cancle. It's all about preference

The L stands for lag. Also, I've been raped by a Marth who used the short-hopped double forward aerial. I think he got me 7 times in a row with it once. He was using Z for that, and it works well too. The second press cancels the lag and you can go straight into another SHDFA much easier.

Whoa! Thanks for that, I can't believe I never thought of using Z for that. I remember expirementing between using A or the C-stick and trying to find the most consistant way to be able to control my character and get the L cancel every time. This is perfect! By the way, I found that it is best to only use Z for the second fair, because you need to start the first fair right away which means most of the time you will do a JC grab. At least that's how it is for me. So now I have a new way to do it that I need to practice: Press A and then Z for the second one. Wow, the way it L cancels is perfect. Thanks!

I'll bet this is probably well-known with good Marths, but Marth isn't my main and I'm not so good with him, so I never really go to the Marth Character Specific forum at Smashboards or anything. So thanks for introducing that to me, after practicing this I should be able to SHDFA and L cancel into the next one really consistantly now. I mean I was able to do it before, it's just I would mess up every once in a while. I actually managed to pull the Ken combo off on my friend once, took him from one side of the stage to the other, ended with spike, 0%-death. Should have seen the look on his face! Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to do that more often now.

After trying to use it in matches, I realized you kind of need to use the C-stick for the second aerial most of the time, because you need to be able to control yourself in the air to follow their DI. At low percents (Marth vs. Marth) you might go past them with the second fair because you have to hold forward to perform the aerial with Z. So I'm going to have to stick to C-stick for this. And plus, sometimes actually hitting someone with the second fair seems to keep you in the air long enough so that Z doesn't L-cancel. Maybe it's just me. But eh, the whole using Z for aerials to L cancel, might work for some, but I've already had the regular way down for a long time, so I don't think there's any reason to change. Plus if you use Z, you have to make sure to only use it for the aerials that are performed close enough to the ground to actually get the L-cancel. Since you're going to have to use L for the aerials that aren't that close, it seems it would just be better to use L for all L cancelling.

I'm gonna barge in here and go way off-topic.

If anyone is interested, I've started an intercollegiate league for Smashers on Facebook, called the ISSBL. For now, it is centered in Michigan (where I'm at), but I'm sure that as interest grows it will spread out quickly.

It's official, SSBM has ruined my GC controller. After hours and hours of fun, a part of the analog stick's outer perimeter was cut making the plastic turn upwards. This made it slowly sut through the rubber above as it was used and spun around during game play. Now, all I have is the plastic stub. It's playable, but it kinda hurts.

Here's to years of fun. Here's to my half normal, half transparant controller of luck. Bon voyage good buddy. It seems you unwrothy shell was not enough to contain your awesomeness.