MGS3 - Snake Eater - Acoustic Arrangement

0x000000FF

Okay, so I wrestled with mixing this one quite a bit. Here's a very short snippet of a take on "Snake Eater": https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j2pq4llspppgez/eater-mix-r3a.mp3

I already recorded some bits for the next part of the song (after the pause), but I've been slicing and dicing it to heck, so I've just looped the intro for now.

I think I got the mixing to a decent place, but I'm not sure. For one thing, the shaker really helps fill things out, but to my ear it doesn't seem to mix terribly well. If I remove it, things suddenly sound "cleaner" or "clearer", which I usually take as a not-so-good sign. I can't often trust my lousy ears though. I really have no intuitive grasp of this at all. Thoughts?

Also, I'm curious if something like this would be too conservative for a future submission. Any guidance on this?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks! :-)

Edited by 0x000000FF

I think it's sounding good so far, the shaker does sound like it fills it more but it also makes it a bit more catchier to my ears. I think when you get finished it would do well in future submissions. there are a ton of different styles on the site. Great work and good luck!

• 3 weeks later...