"Tyrian: Flight of the Carrot" A Collection of Tyrian Tribute [Recruiting]

Zen00

Tyrian

Flight of the Carrot

A compilation of fruitastic proportions!

tyrian_remake.jpg

Process

* Confirmation of final masters... in process

* Any Artwork... in process

* Video Trailer (Optional)... none planned, but would like if someone can make one

* Website (Optional)... planned for launch on project acceptance (I will be developing it)

* MP3 Tagging... done

* Musician consent agreements... in process

* Evaluation Submission Package... in process

Download Link for beta

After many years of waiting it's time for someone to head a project like this, to take it in hand and make an official OCRemix album for Tyrian! This album currently is comprised of musical selections that have been found across the internet, bringing all the best of the Tyrian fandom musical lore together into one place. I present it to you experts and otherwise to help beat from this crude ingot a mighty bar of worth.

The purpose of this project is to create a Tyrian album from original sources and remixes that will do the OCRemix community proud and satiate the fans of this venerable top down shooter on this 19th year anniversary of its release.

951681867-00.jpg

Things needed to complete the project:

Album Art

Currently the album art being used is a generic album art image from the game. However to make this project truly unique we need a specific cover for it, and have some extras. Currently we need one or two artists to make one or more images of 100x100px size for a cover. Preferably this image would feature the SuperCarrot.

Finished Master Copies

I am trying to contact all the artists that have so far been selected for this project to get the highest quality versions of their music. Preferably I can get the ones who have unfinished music to complete their songs as well. If your name is in the artists list, please contact me, I know several of you frequent this site.

Video Trailer

While no plans for one as have been made, if someone who has some skills in editing can put one together for us, we would appreciate it!

Website

I am a php developer by hobby and as such can handle creating a simple site to showcase the album on. However I'm not so good at graphic design so graphics for the website are always appreciated.

MP3 Tagging

Eh... not a problem.

Musician Consent

Contacting all these musicians will be a bit difficult. If you know any of the ones listed and can send them a message for the project, that would be fabulous. I have already made some efforts towards this, contacting them through their respective social medias (YouTube, SoundCloud, Twitter, etc).

If you can't help in any of these ways, you can help in others!

Music Voting

This project plans to only be one CD, so while there is a lot of great music out there, not all of it will fit on the CD! We need help deciding what is really the best of the community so that we can include only that. Download the beta files and let us know what's hot and what's not.

Music Sourcing

Know someone who's made a Tyrian remix? Let us know so we can include them in this project! We'd hate to leave someone out just because we don't know they exist.

Original Tracks

Do you have what it takes to make a original soundtrack, or original remix? Pledge your skills to this project to make it even better, and who knows, if we get enough submissions we may make a sequel!

Current Artists List

I should say most of the track names in the current album were made up by me while compiling it. If the artists hates that name I'll gladly revert it to the original, or one of their approval.

Madad134: Beer - Beer; Space Journey 2 - Space Journey, the Sequel; Composition in Q - Q-space

Orbik: Tyrian, the Song - The Song; Rock Garden - Hard Rock Revival; Asteroid Dance 2 - Electrick Bugaloo (yes, the misspells are intentional)

The Experimental: Buy & Sell - Buying for the Choir; Composition in Q - Nocturne in Q

hurleybird: End of Level - End of Album

Kllu: Medley - Fourteen Photosynthesies

hakushi: Tyrian, the Song - Tyrian, the Chiptune

MagellanicSound: Tyrian, the Level - Data Flux

Rayza: Sarah's Song - Threading the Needle

Arnout van Heereveld: Tunneling Trolls - Tunnels Trolling

OGO: Space Journey - Space Journey to Nowhere

winKoneR: Camanis - Frozen Caves of Camanis

Melonman67: Sarah's Song - Sarah's Spaghetti Western; Quest for Peace - Quest for Pizza

fatalM4: Rock Garden - Schist Happens

Tyler Woods: Return me to Savarah - Return me to the Front

tibone: Deli Shop Quartet - Don't Leave me, Deliani

Arcosaphire: Gryphons of the West - Gryphons on the Wing

technoguyx: Sarah's Song - Melodies Ahead

khoal: One Mustn't Fall - Battle in the sky

Zaghurim: Quest for Peace - Quest for Pizza

Edited by Zen00

Tyrian? I approve.

I gather you have collected fan-made Tyrian tracks from the internet, and you want to get the artists' consent & put them out on an OCR-released album, right?

What do you mean with "Original Tracks"? "original soundtrack, or original remix"? I don't understand what you are going for there.

--Eino

Pretty much what it says, if you want to make a new remix or original track (that sounds like it belongs in Tyrian, but is not an song directly from it specifically, something like Her Smile in Every Summer, Wind Waker) you're more than welcome to contribute it, however the main focus of this project is securing high quality sound formats of already made music and artist permissions to create a album from them.