OCR02850 - Final Fantasy V 'Boss Key'

djpretzel

The youtube preview compression really brings out the flaws in this one, would recommend getting the mp3 instead :-P The low end really needed more definition, it's a bit of a mess between the kick, toms, and rhythms. I can barely make out the bass guitar notes at all (which is sad because Norg is known for rockin' the bass hard). Not sure why the kick has such a roomy sound as well which just seems to add to the low end mud. It's a great song though, but much shorter than I was expecting -- what was with the mention of the bitrate/length in the write-up if it was just a 3:32 length? :-o "didn't submit it to OCR at the time due to the size and bitrate requirements" this seems to fit into those requirements from before the change... maybe I'm missing something.

The youtube preview compression really brings out the flaws in this one, would recommend getting the mp3 instead :-P The low end really needed more definition, it's a bit of a mess between the kick, toms, and rhythms. I can barely make out the bass guitar notes at all (which is sad because Norg is known for rockin' the bass hard). Not sure why the kick has such a roomy sound as well which just seems to add to the low end mud. It's a great song though, but much shorter than I was expecting -- what was with the mention of the bitrate/length in the write-up if it was just a 3:32 length? :-o "didn't submit it to OCR at the time due to the size and bitrate requirements" this seems to fit into those requirements from before the change... maybe I'm missing something.

The bitrate was juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit too high (193/194kbps) for the old standards, when 192kbps used to be the ceiling. :-)

My socks are off and papers are flying around the room! What an AWESOME meld of two sources!! I can't believe how well these came together - the end result is interesting, fresh, and kicks SERIOUS butt. If you even occasionally like hard rock, hard metal, or anything remotely approaching this, check this mix!! Wow!

Great job done here - I can't believe this almost went unheard (!!!!!).