(Round 4 Mixing) OCR SINGING IDOL!!!!! The OCR Singing Competition

WillRock

Apparently that WAV uses a compression codec I don't have installed, or something. I can't play it in any media player I own, or import it into REAPER.

Edit: Still not fixed. I got both versions, neither works.

Edit 2: Oh, that's so not a compression codec. The file is 28KB. Slightly impossible for a 3-minute WAV.

Edited by MindWanderer

Apparently that WAV uses a compression codec I don't have installed, or something. I can't play it in any media player I own, or import it into REAPER.

Edit: Still not fixed. I got both versions, neither works.

Edit 2: Oh, that's so not a compression codec. The file is 28KB. Slightly impossible for a 3-minute WAV.

hmm... I'm not sure what to tell you man. It appears to work for everyone else :(

Protip: Don't right-click > Save as...

The link isn't a direct link to the file, it goes to a download page. You probably downloaded the HTML page as a WAV file. If you renamed it to .html, I'm sure it'll load a dropbox page.

EDIT: that's exactly what happened. here's an image of me downloading the file twice, once by clicking through and once by right click > save as.

ocrIDOLrightclicksaveas.png

Edited by Anorax

Ah, yep, usually Save As is the right thing to do if you won't want to play a media file in your browser. I thought even Dropbox used to work that way. Got it now.

It still does if you have an older account with a working "Public" folder, which allows hotlinking (I use dropbox as my hotlink host for just about anything, incl. the pic in my last post)

I was hoping the covers would be more creative than this :cry: but this'll be fun to mess around with sometime just for fun

They're covers. Not rearrangements or remixes. Also, if you're wondering why I didn't put in small changes etc, I feel in this case, keeping it as close to the original as possible was key to see what you all could do to set your performances apart from the original song.

~QUESTION~

Can we submit secondary 'bonus mixes' a la the PRC competition? Say for instance I submit an actual 'serious' entry but would like to submit something fun that doesn't get considered for voting and such?

Sure. Make sure to make clear which entry is the serious one (if it needs saying) and we'll mark it as a bonus entry in the ZIP file.

I was supposed to have the time yesterday, but no.. I've already translated a part of the lyric into Finnish, which I thought might be fun. (: I might have some opportunity for quick take tomorrow, so I might be one of those who could use the extension.

--Eino

Yeah I think quite a few want an extension because you're all slow and terrible. I'm also slow and terrible tho, so I sympathise.

Moving Deadline forward to Monday 31st March!

(don't get used to it)