(Round 4 Mixing) OCR SINGING IDOL!!!!! The OCR Singing Competition

WillRock

If it's fruitful discussion, what harm does it do? :whatevaa: We (you) can get back to singing business, but tangents can be fun. Besides, that headphone thread is recommendations, not discussion of perception. :P

Please, please stop pontificating about headphones in THIS thread. Thanks.

Kitty, I've pinged Will privately about you joining (in case this gets buried again) and one of us will get back to you!

If it's fruitful discussion, what harm does it do? :whatevaa:

If Chimpy says keep things on topic then please do so. Keep the thread on topic from here on out, go to the headphones thread if you want to talk about headphones.

Soooo I think my previous post got drowned out in headphones talk. Is it still possible to sign up for future weeks or will that mess up planning/logistics? (If it is possible I'd like to be marked down as a participant.)

I've given it some careful consideration... feel free to still send entries for fun, I'll put them in the ZIP with the other tracks but they won't be voted on.

I've given it some careful consideration... feel free to still send entries for fun, I'll put them in the ZIP with the other tracks but they won't be voted on.

Sounds good to me. I know I wouldn't have been close to winning but was really just using this as a push to get myself started toward improving my singing. Thanks!

Jesus Christ what happened in this thread today?

Wait, nevermind, I don't wanna know.

So Willrock, does this mean that late-joining participants aren't really in the "competition" part of this? Which I'm ok with because there's no realistic way I could have won if I tried from the get-go, just want clarification

What HAPPENED is that I was merely trying to discuss bananas at night, and things got out of hand. Now half of the entrants are demised and it's quite sad. I mean, I don't know.

Waiting for Tuesday to see what the next song is. D:

This is why we can't have nice things.

I hope to hop in on this during round 2. BRANG IT OUWNNN!

Yesssss I hope more people enter... I gotta say, it makes me so happy that so many people liked mine enough to vote for it. It's really encouraging. I admit I didn't sing as hard as I should have because it was mid-day and I don't have the most sound proof studio and in particular I was embarrassed that someone would hear me singing Safety Dance. It's kind of random.. I get embarrassed when I am reamping guitars in there too and that's like 1,000% louder

It's nothing against the cover it's just that everyone knows the song and it's soooo random to hear your neighbor just belting out safety dance for no reason.

Well - there's only a singlebrick wall separating me from my neighbour, the actual recording room is barely empty, filled with only some moving boxes and a desk, I had to use a omni pattern mic for recording, my accent is *****, after that session my dog hadn't looked at me for the rest of the day .... ask Chimpazilla for my recording and mixing standards

so please - everybody - just DO some takes and post them, nobody has to feel ashamed or embarrassed and if the singing is good it is good. It's not about the mix, nor the room, nor the technical shenanigans.

Jesus Christ what happened in this thread today?

Wait, nevermind, I don't wanna know.

So Willrock, does this mean that late-joining participants aren't really in the "competition" part of this? Which I'm ok with because there's no realistic way I could have won if I tried from the get-go, just want clarification

People who signed up are still ok with voting. I just don't want to cause a stir with "officially adding people" after the signing up period.

Well - there's only a singlebrick wall separating me from my neighbour, the actual recording room is barely empty, filled with only some moving boxes and a desk, I had to use a omni pattern mic for recording, my accent is *****, after that session my dog hadn't looked at me for the rest of the day .... ask Chimpazilla for my recording and mixing standards

so please - everybody - just DO some takes and post them, nobody has to feel ashamed or embarrassed and if the singing is good it is good. It's not about the mix, nor the room, nor the technical shenanigans.

Agreed. I recorded mine while sat on the floor of my living room while the kids were napping, using a USB travel mic awkwardly patched into my Android tablet. If I moved the USB cable too much it unplugged itself. Ideal setup this was not :)

Voting is closed!

First place votes gained 3 points.

Second place votes gained 2 points.

Third Place votes gained 1 point.

Tallies are as follows:

Brandon Strader - - 34

anterroir - - 15

Trism - - 10

CN - - 9

Amayirot Akago - - 6

Xarnax42 - - 3

Mindwanderer - - 1

I have updated the first post which will now show the full score tallies of everyone in the competition.

Well done to everyone who has participated this round, you all did a fantastic job - I will be updating everyone with the 2nd round details shortly!

Edited by WillRock

*ROUND 2 BEGIN*

Hard Times by The Jetzons

Here is the link to the backing track (Key Signature: C Minor)

You have till Wednesday 16th April 5pm EST to submit your track.

Please check the first post for rules, and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :D

And last but not least - LYRICS:

Verse 1

If I could have all the women in the world I would take this time to leave

The pressures on and and i'm not some kind of strong man so take this thing from me

Don't give it a second thought

I can see you've got better things to do so just take your things and leave

Chorus

Hard times

Happiest days of our lives

Hard times are mine

Hard times

Happiest days of our lives

Hard times are mine

Verse 2

Late at night with the darkness all around me i'm drinking all alone

Nothing here but my menace in the darkness since i've been on my own

Well have you forgotten now

Memories that continue to amaze me are all but over now

Chorus till end

(you are encouraged to make up new lyrics for this song, cause according to chimpy these ones suck, and I don't argue with women.)