(Round 4 Mixing) OCR SINGING IDOL!!!!! The OCR Singing Competition

WillRock

Submitted mine. Fair warning, my voice is still audibly strained from having been sick. But I think I improved the production somewhat over last time.

Please, please give me constructive criticism this time! I'm not just doing this to listen to my own voice, and I'm sure as hell not doing it to win.

It's highly unlikely at this point for me to submit something I'm not incredibly embarrassed to show since I spent the entire week figuring out how to get the dang thing recorded well. I was never able to eliminate the static anyway, and my production skills need vast improvement. Regardless, I'm learning A LOT of new things about my DAW and about my singing.

It's highly unlikely at this point for me to submit something I'm not incredibly embarrassed to show since I spent the entire week figuring out how to get the dang thing recorded well. I was never able to eliminate the static anyway, and my production skills need vast improvement. Regardless, I'm learning A LOT of new things about my DAW and about my singing.

Dude, I'm massively embarrassed by entry this week, as I was last week :-) I'm hoping for some feedback and advice on how to improve both my vocals and production and I know I won't get that unless I embarrass myself a bit. what have you got to lose by submitting what you've got? :grin:

VOTING!

Join the Social Group here

Head to the round 2 entries thread and download the mixes there.

You must post your 3 favourite artists in order like so:

1: Mojo Jojo

2: Him

3: Fuzzy Lumpkins

You may leave comments under your 3 votes but KEEP THEM SEPARATE.

1st place votes will get 3 points, 2nd place 2 points, and 3rd place 1 point.

Whoever gets the most votes wins the round, and your scores will tally over to the next round. That way, the person who does the most consistantly good entries will win the compo and the fabulous prizes within.

And I should really be keeping my mouth shut here, but...even though my intention to participate is purely for the fun of it, I see it as a prick move to cast a vote on yourself, and placing that vote at #1 is just asinine. I sincerely hope you edit that for the good of everyone else.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't know how WillRock planned to interpret this (whether to toss the 1st place vote in question or to count it or what), but I was wondering if there was a way to mitigate this sort of thing. "thou shalt not vote for thine own cover"?

"thou shalt not vote for thine own cover"?

One could asssume that this is common knowledge ...... but someoone played the "ass" card -> this is why we can't have nice things

@CN:

For the next round - cut the bass, low end of the backing track with an eq while recording - bass in the headphone makes it harder to intonate right

Edited by anterroir

For what it's worth both chimpazilla and willrock told me I should have voted for myself in round 1.

Er... yeah we didn't. Brandon.

I hadn't even thought anyone would do it full stop, I assumed that since no one else was doing it, people wouldn't be shameless enough to actually vote for themselves. That said, I don't REALLY see why it shouldn't be allowed, other compos have done it and no one else complained then...

Edited by WillRock

For what it's worth both chimpazilla and willrock told me I should have voted for myself in round 1.

To set the record straight, it was me who said "Brandon, you could have voted for yourself." COULD have, not SHOULD have.

There are no rules against voting for yourself, and Brandon's FFCC compo had the same flexibility. However, anyone who actually DOES vote for himself does so at his own peril!