OCR02852 - Bubble Bobble 'Bubble Dragon'

Liontamer

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

----------------------

I've been a fan of Hunz since 2005 when I heard "Draw the Line" off of Hellven's 2005 Debut album. The work of the contributors (mv, virt, rs3, funkymuskrat, xerxes, and more) to mv's Hellven netlabel was eye-opening stuff for me as I learned more about the scene after arriving here in 2002, so I'm really excited to have Hans aboard as a posted ReMixer. He's been at it in the demoscene for a long time, and along with Phil and Richie, 7bit Hero's debut here is nothing but awesome.

Also, check out their soundtrack, front by Hunz, for Penny Time for more good times.

All credit goes to forum-goer MusicHunter for living his handle, finding this great arrangement and plugging it here on the forums!

Edited by Liontamer

Holy crap. That video almost made me tear up on the first watch, and succeeded in the second. I think it's because it speaks to me on several levels and what happens in the video kinda hit me... Right in the feels, ya know? Not saying what happens because everyone should see the video without spoilers of any sort.

The song itself was the perfect accompaniment to the video too, and I'm glad to see another great track like this on the site. And I can't wait to hear more from 7bit Hero.

Hopefully not all their songs will almost make me cry though :tomatoface:

Edited by Mirby

Personally didn't like much. The vid is great, and is better than the song, which fetishes the game too much in it's lyrics. I think it's somewhat presumptious to call this 'the' remix. It's a remix, and a good one, but not one that matches my tastes.

Would be nice to hear an instrumental version.

I can't remember who this makes me think of. This is very professional sounding in it's production and it's composition. If it weren't for this lyrics this could be a sort of mainstream song. Not saying I don't like the lyrics cause I do. A lot :)

Thanks for posting this. This is crazy good and I'll probably be showing this off to people as I show off OCR from now on : D

Seriously? I missed these guys at PAX Aus (despite being there, had to go before the concert started), and I was annoyed at missing Armcannon? Local talent represent!

I can't describe what the song makes me think. Like DJP pointed out, it's somewhat similar to AkumajoBelmont, with "For You" immediately jumping into my mind, but for two reasons. Yes, the aesthetic is very similar, but Robbie is from Sydney. These guys are from Brisbane. I'm from Melbourne. It's the pronunciation and accent in the vocals that adds to it, and I LOVE IT. If I manage to score tickets to PAX Aus again (won tickets for the Pokemon Nationals), then I'll stick around if they're playing there. Or if Armcannon is, since I ain't missing out on any more live VGM and Remixes.

I don't normally comment on the remixes; I usually just download and enjoy them without question. This might be my first one in 15 years actually.

I also don't normally get into the remixes with singing and/or lyrics. Not to point fingers or discourage anyone, because it is something that CAN be done well, but most remixes from that category never quite seem to compare with the all-instrumental releases, at least to me they don't. Not sure if it's the often very amateur sounding vocals, or that the lyrics are often not quite as inspired or impactful as the backing track, but whatever. It's all good; just not all my cup of tea.

However, this is amazing. The lyrics are rather straightforward (though I couldn't decipher them without the video holding my hand through them), but they work well, and the vocals/production is top notch.

Consider the bar raised, singing remixers!

When MusicHunter brought this up and I saw it, I had it on repeat for a good while. This is a great ReMix for Bubble Bobble, and it's nice to hear a more poppy style of arrangement for this song, since it's often made to be super upbeat and sugary, aside from the "twins" that DJP mentioned. There's probably several things that folks can like or not like about this ReMix depending on your taste since there is a lot going on, vocally and musically, but it's definitely worth the listening experience for the imagery, game-specific lyrics, the actual music itself and of course the video that goes with it. Not my favorite take on Bubble Bobble, but it's insanely close and I can really respect this ReMix. Totally downloading.

• 1 year later...

At the end, when the chanting, the "carry oooon" backing vocals and the main chorus comes together it's just so immensely satisfying. Not only because the different melodies complement each other so well, but especially because before that point we've only heard those melodies in other contexts. It's amazing how they tackled such a simple source in such a complicated and amazing way!!