Nintendo DS

The Damned

So, is anyone getting Custom Robo Arena in December? I cannot stress enough just how good this game is, which sucks even worse because I'm terrible with descriptions. It's easily the best online game on the DS right now, even better than Hunters.

In the RPG portion, you go around and fight other people from rival schools and whatnot (blah blah blah typical Japanese stuff) and collect parts for your robo as you advance the storyline. Once you buy the parts in the RPG portion, you can use them online.

The weapons are nicely balanced and each serve a purpose. Guns can be fired while sliding so you can attack while still avoiding fire, missiles can be lobbed over walls, pod weapons will chase your enemy (think snarks from Half-Life) and you can boost yourself at the enemy if they get too close and cause a lot of damage.

I know I'm babbling and a lot of people probably already know all of this from the GameCube game but...wow, online is so damn fun.

And the game is beautiful, too. One stage has you fighting on top of a stealth fighter with boxes on top of it. The boxes slide everywhere as the fighter tilts and the shadow work is pretty damn amazing for a DS game.

So, is anyone getting Custom Robo Arena in December? I cannot stress enough just how good this game is, which sucks even worse because I'm terrible with descriptions. It's easily the best online game on the DS right now, even better than Hunters.

In the RPG portion, you go around and fight other people from rival schools and whatnot (blah blah blah typical Japanese stuff) and collect parts for your robo as you advance the storyline. Once you buy the parts in the RPG portion, you can use them online.

The weapons are nicely balanced and each serve a purpose. Guns can be fired while sliding so you can attack while still avoiding fire, missiles can be lobbed over walls, pod weapons will chase your enemy (think snarks from Half-Life) and you can boost yourself at the enemy if they get too close and cause a lot of damage.

I know I'm babbling and a lot of people probably already know all of this from the GameCube game but...wow, online is so damn fun.

And the game is beautiful, too. One stage has you fighting on top of a stealth fighter with boxes on top of it. The boxes slide everywhere as the fighter tilts and the shadow work is pretty damn amazing for a DS game.

I've played Custom Robo for GCN a few times. I didn't like it; the controls were slow to respond, mainly because I couldn't fire and run at the same time, and the arenas were too small. The ability to run while firing your gun in the DS one should fix the first problem to some extent, but how big are the arenas? Overall, if the game will be as big an improvement as Mario Kart DS was over Double Dash, then I'll keep an eye on it. And if the game isn't out yet, I'm assuming you played it at the Fusion Tour or something?

Also, about Nook not letting me view my catalog even when no one's visiting. That happens whenever I move backwards in time and save the game. To fix it, all I have to do is visit someone else's town and come back to mine.

I love spoilers as much as the next guy, but do you think you could put a poilers tag and put the text in white? You know, if you're not too busy enjoying your awesome game.

:roll:

my bad, sorry. Sometimes one can get carried away. ;p

True dat. I've probably been guilty of it in the past too.

So, let's go back to OLD games for a second. I saw a copy of Trace Memory and read the back of it, and it seems like the story is pretty interesting. Is it worth a pick up? Also are there any other oldies out there that would warrant a search for?

From what I've heard it is, I've just been waiting for it to hit the $20 price range to pick it up - that and my DS is getting repaired so I can't play any games right now even if I wanted to. :cry:

So, let's go back to OLD games for a second. I saw a copy of Trace Memory and read the back of it, and it seems like the story is pretty interesting. Is it worth a pick up? Also are there any other oldies out there that would warrant a search for?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a classic-feeling point and click adventure game from the 3rd person. Only knock on it is that it's on the short side (less than 10 hours), but the plot is good. If you end up liking it, check out Touch Detective, too. They're very similar.

I've played Custom Robo for GCN a few times. I didn't like it; the controls were slow to respond, mainly because I couldn't fire and run at the same time, and the arenas were too small. The ability to run while firing your gun in the DS one should fix the first problem to some extent, but how big are the arenas? Overall, if the game will be as big an improvement as Mario Kart DS was over Double Dash, then I'll keep an eye on it. And if the game isn't out yet, I'm assuming you played it at the Fusion Tour or something?

The controls seem fine to me. The only weapon I've noticed you have to stop to fire are missiles (and that's pretty much because they have to be aimed). Some guns make you stop too, but instead of firing a burst, they fire one shot at a time and can fire faster depending on how fast you mash the button. There is almost zero lag too.

I'm playing the Japanese version, by the way.

Isn't Toys R Us having some sort of special sell on games? Something about three games at the price of the heapest or something? Maybe you could check that out.

It's their annual buy 2 get 1 free sale I think.

Didn't the sale end yesterday? My TRU's here told me the sale ran through to Oct. 28, which is why I took advantage of it when I could. I picked up Downhill Jam, Nanostray and Magical Starsign. I might just sell the last one on ebay or even return it.

Jesus Christ, someone make a video on how to beat the Soda Shake in 5 seconds or something lol. I don't get how you're supposed to do that.

Didn't Kak tell you how to do it? Or am I thinking of other people?

Anyway, you shake the bottle very rapidly for 2 - 3 seconds and then let go. It should pop about a second later.