Nintendo DS

The Damned

So, let's go back to OLD games for a second. I saw a copy of Trace Memory and read the back of it, and it seems like the story is pretty interesting. Is it worth a pick up? Also are there any other oldies out there that would warrant a search for?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a classic-feeling point and click adventure game from the 3rd person. Only knock on it is that it's on the short side (less than 10 hours), but the plot is good. If you end up liking it, check out Touch Detective, too. They're very similar.

I beat it in 5 hours but really liked it a lot. You can get it for really cheap now so I would definitely recommend getting it. Also...touch detective is similar? Aww Crap there are too many games that I have to get right now.

So, let's go back to OLD games for a second. I saw a copy of Trace Memory and read the back of it, and it seems like the story is pretty interesting. Is it worth a pick up? Also are there any other oldies out there that would warrant a search for?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a classic-feeling point and click adventure game from the 3rd person. Only knock on it is that it's on the short side (less than 10 hours), but the plot is good. If you end up liking it, check out Touch Detective, too. They're very similar.

I beat it in 5 hours but really liked it a lot. You can get it for really cheap now so I would definitely recommend getting it. Also...touch detective is similar? Aww Crap there are too many games that I have to get right now.

I finished that around 4 hours, pretty short game. Good though. And yea, Touch Detective is like a mix between Trace Memory and Phoenix Wright. Also throw in some of Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for cuteness.

So I have an Animal Crossing question: is it possible to cheat the game by changing the date & time on your DS?

Currently with 10 million in my bank. And no, most of the animals still stayed unlike what a lot of people say. But you do get a million weeds to pluck. But it's not that bad.

Yup. Neighbors would move out and you'd miss events just as if time actually passed, but you can get money quicker and easier that way.

I've never done it though. I'm not a filthy, horrible cheater.

It would've been nice if the game didn't give out prizes for saving shitloads of money that would literally take years to get without cheating, even if you played every single day. You know there's people out there (like me lol) crazy enough to do what it takes to get those items. If that were the case, I would've stopped cheating once I got 10 million bells in my account, but I'm over 250 million so far; I gotta have that Town Hall model.

As a reminder to other time travelers, remember that Nook stops giving you access to your catalog if you move back in time and save. The only way that I know of to fix it is to visit another player's town and then go back without getting disconnected.

How do you get money quicker? Just by selling a ton of fruit or something every time you time travel?

Saving up money at the Town Hall is apparently a pretty good way.

Oh, so you can put money into an account like a real bank and it gains interest...

Maybe I should read manuals, lol.

I just never really thought about it actually.

How do you get money quicker? Just by selling a ton of fruit or something every time you time travel?

Saving up money at the Town Hall is apparently a pretty good way.

Oh, so you can put money into an account like a real bank and it gains interest...

Maybe I should read manuals, lol.

I just never really thought about it actually.

Reading the manual is one of the first things I do when I get a new game. Not because I need to know how to play the game, but because it's part of the experience of a new game. Flip through it, look at the screenshots, the artwork... and the smell of the ink on the shiny paper. Mmmmmm... nasal stimulation...

You can also plant money trees too.

I did that, but I guess mine was a dud. I shook it when it grew fully and nothing came out.

The chances are low, so you'd have to plant a lot.

Can't you use the golden shovel to plant always profitable money trees? :?

The golden shovel is the only way to get money trees...but the percentage is low - I've planted like 11, and after 4 days (for the first 4 I did), none of the 4 gave me bags o 30,000 coins :( .

You can also plant money trees too.

I did that, but I guess mine was a dud. I shook it when it grew fully and nothing came out.

The chances are low, so you'd have to plant a lot.

Can't you use the golden shovel to plant always profitable money trees? :?

The golden shovel is the only way to get money trees...but the percentage is low - I've planted like 11, and after 4 days (for the first 4 I did), none of the 4 gave me bags o 30,000 coins :( .

I read this conversation out of context and half awake. Then I realized you guys were serious. :lol:

I got my DS Lite about two months ago, and I must say that I have never bought so many games for a system in such a short amount of time. I just picked up Phoenix Wright today, but I haven't put much time into it yet (although I am playing it right now).

Anyway, these are the other games I own--

Metroid Prime Pinball

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team

Clubhouse Games

Feel the Magic XY/XX

Contact

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

What else would you say is worth getting?