Nintendo DS

The Damned

So I go to Best Buy today to take advantage of their Touch Generations deal and I made out better than I thought I would.

I grabbed Elite Beat Agents, Big Brain Academy and Nintendogs. The lady working the counter that I went to rings up Nintendogs as the freebie, even though it was worth more than BBA. Not sure if she was supposed to do that or not.

Anyways, my plan is to return Nintendogs in a few days, unopened of course, and it'll be like I got EBA and BBA for $20. Not bad.

Animal Crossing people: http://www.gametab.com/news/734057/

Animal Crossing faithful, Nintendo has not forsaken you. To help celebrate the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the company will be distributing an exclusive item in Animal Crossing: Wild World starting on November 17th and running through November 24th.

Fan site Just Pause (you win this round, Kotaku) noticed the news in the latest issue of Nintendo Power, though it doesn't explain what's so special about it. In order to receive the letter that will unlock the treat, however, you have to hop onto Nintendo's Wi-Fi connection between the aforementioned dates.

I'm still loving EBA, but I hate it when I run over a rock on my touch screen.

I swear, if one spec of something lands on the screen I can feel it from the stylus and it feels like I scratched the living hell out of it lol. Luckily I have no scratches.

A damp washcloth cleans the screen nicely though.

ok, I have been trying to connect my DS to the interwebs at local hotspots, namely, Starbucks.

However, I have tried at several locations to establish a connection to no avail. What sort of arcane magicks must I utilize to get my DS online?

ok' date=' I have been trying to connect my DS to the interwebs at local hotspots, namely, Starbucks.

However, I have tried at several locations to establish a connection to no avail. What sort of arcane magicks must I utilize to get my DS online?[/quote']

Some locations have restricted internet access that requires something similar to a password.

NintendoWifi.com has decent instructions:

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/SupportHome.jsp

ok' date=' I have been trying to connect my DS to the interwebs at local hotspots, namely, Starbucks.

However, I have tried at several locations to establish a connection to no avail. What sort of arcane magicks must I utilize to get my DS online?[/quote']

Just a note: Some places like Starbucks charges for internet access.

Done with Elite Beat Agents (if you don't count getting high scores and trying to beat easy mode). The final stage on the hardest mode is freaking crazy and blows the final stage of Ouendan out of the water in terms of difficulty.

*spoilers* (no biggie if you don't click, obviously)

Ouendan's final stage:

EBA's final stage:

That game looks like a blast! I played the demo of it yesterday and man did I enjoy it. I am getting both versions as soon as I pay off my wii @_@

Just a note: Some places like Starbucks charges for internet access.

hmm, that's kinda weak

also, it looks like the only local places to get online for sure with my DS is McDonalds.

I should just buy one of those adapters, I guess.

Done with Elite Beat Agents (if you don't count getting high scores and trying to beat easy mode). The final stage on the hardest mode is freaking crazy and blows the final stage of Ouendan out of the water in terms of difficulty.

*spoilers* (no biggie if you don't click, obviously)

Ouendan's final stage:

EBA's final stage:

That game looks like a blast! I played the demo of it yesterday and man did I enjoy it. I am getting both versions as soon as I pay off my wii @_@

Seconded, that looks cool, although I dunno when I'll have the cash & time for it...

So I picked up Children of Mana this weekend; got one copy for me and one copy for my girlfriend. We played like 6 hours straight, and I can definitely see how this would get very old, very fast in single-player mode.

But I must say, if you've got two or more people playing together, it's an absolute blast. It's a button-mashing dungeon-crawler, period. It's also got some design flaws (for example, all the quests are pretty much the same: clear dungeon of enemies to complete the quest) and magic is pretty much useless so far (which eliminates being the magic-based character).

Still, it's got that PSO-style addictiveness to it in that it's kind of a crappy game at heart, but so much fun to play and impossible to put down, given you have friends who also own it. I can't recommend it, but under the right circumstances, there is enjoyment to be had here.

Music is also very kickass.

Yeah, I agree. I loooove the music and the way the game looks, but it's most definitely a button masher. Your character is VERY dumb too. It's like every time someone says something, you'll respond with what that person just said but in a question, lol.

Who are you using? I started off with Poppen, got to level 16, and then realised that he's totally worthless. Magic is pretty useless in this game because the spells take so long to cast, and his physical attacking absolutely blew. We got to the desert boss, and you have to use the bow to hit him, and I was the only one who had a bow, and I did one damage to him with every arrow. Last night I decided I would use Ferrik instead.

Yeah, I agree. I loooove the music and the way the game looks, but it's most definitely a button masher. Your character is VERY dumb too. It's like every time someone says something, you'll respond with what that person just said but in a question, lol.

Who are you using? I started off with Poppen, got to level 16, and then realised that he's totally worthless. Magic is pretty useless in this game because the spells take so long to cast, and his physical attacking absolutely blew. We got to the desert boss, and you have to use the bow to hit him, and I was the only one who had a bow, and I did one damage to him with every arrow. Last night I decided I would use Ferrik instead.

I started off with Ferrik. I think I should take a few runs and get those 50% exp gems. I keep finding stuff that is like 8 levels higher than me, heh. IIRC I'm level 22 or so atm.

Got FFIII today. I really like it. I like the old school FF games a little more than the new ones. I really don't care if it's outdated or whatever, I think it's pretty fun.

Hook me up with your FC!!

Here is mine:

4596 4561 0835

So, what exactly is wifi used for? Battling your teams ala Golden Sun, item trading, co-op?

Got FFIII today. I really like it. I like the old school FF games a little more than the new ones. I really don't care if it's outdated or whatever, I think it's pretty fun.

Hook me up with your FC!!

Here is mine:

4596 4561 0835

So, what exactly is wifi used for? Battling your teams ala Golden Sun, item trading, co-op?

Sending mail to one another in order to get certain unlocks and such. Other weapons and equipment, and apparently a whole dungeon.