Nintendo DS

The Damned

Man, Dawn of Sorrow had me pretty ticked off about that "ending". I kind of thought it meant there was a sequel that would finish the story or something. Glad someone filled me in on that one, because I probably wouldn't have figured it out on my own. It sort of disappoints me that they pulled the same trick in Portrait of Ruin. At least I know about it this time.

Anyway, DQ9 should be interesting. Disappointed to hear that Phantom Hourglass has been delayed. There sure are a lot of good DS games I still wanna play, though: FF3DS, Trauma Center (might just play the Wii version if I can), Hotel Dusk Room 212, Phoenix Wright 2, etc.

I've just been playing the first Phoenix Wright, lately, and loving it. Just started the final case. I've been laughing so hard at this game, also occasionally getting really excited over it. It's so satisfying when you prove that someone is lying. Occasionally I feel like which evidence you're supposed to use is kind of a stretch, though. Most glaringly, the thing with the plates in Case 3.

Oh and Final Guard sucks ass, I hate collecting its items :(
Two words: Thousand Blade

Hmm? Clarify.

There's an up+X move called 1000 Blades. Basically you throw 50 knives straight forward very rapidly. It's a very cheap move, and can deplete a Final Guard's 50 hits in one shot in the rare case that none of the knives are blocked.

Oh and Final Guard sucks ass, I hate collecting its items :(
Two words: Thousand Blade

Hmm? Clarify.

There's an up+X move called 1000 Blades. Basically you throw 50 knives straight forward very rapidly. It's a very cheap move, and can deplete a Final Guard's 50 hits in one shot in the rare case that none of the knives are blocked.

I actually figured out what you meant sometime later when looking at the special moves. I use Greatest Heroes so all the other moves are kinda meh to me.

When your partner gets hit, instead of losing health you lose MP, which is no big deal.

Even so, I usually had one characte out at a time and switched when I needed it. However, using your partner's special with R is quite handy, I used that all the time.

The Belmont spirit is so annoying. What Up+Y move do you use on him? What I've done is equip the flame whip (longest range of all my weapons) and use offensive stance as my Up+Y. The only effective attack strategy I've found is to jump at him, whip in the air, such that the very tip hits him when you land, and immediately use L to backdash when you land. But I'm only hitting for 60 some damage wach hit and when he catches me it's 100-200 a hit of my 473 hp. Even so, I have lasted quite a while into the fight, well beyond when he starts throwing holy water. You see, my Charlotte has all the cool offensive stuff but you can only use Jonathan for this fight... so if there's anything I can do to bring him down faster, I'm already lasting pretty damn long myself.
Use Jet Black Whip (Gained after beating Medusa), and the mastered Cream Pie. Cream Pie does a ton of dark damage to him, for only one MP. If you don't have Cream Pie, use Shuriken instead.

Grind again Personaphe and Harpies if you need lots of healing items to use against him.

The Belmont spirit is so annoying. What Up+Y move do you use on him? What I've done is equip the flame whip (longest range of all my weapons) and use offensive stance as my Up+Y. The only effective attack strategy I've found is to jump at him, whip in the air, such that the very tip hits him when you land, and immediately use L to backdash when you land. But I'm only hitting for 60 some damage wach hit and when he catches me it's 100-200 a hit of my 473 hp. Even so, I have lasted quite a while into the fight, well beyond when he starts throwing holy water. You see, my Charlotte has all the cool offensive stuff but you can only use Jonathan for this fight... so if there's anything I can do to bring him down faster, I'm already lasting pretty damn long myself.
Use Jet Black Whip (Gained after beating Medusa), and the mastered Cream Pie. Cream Pie does a ton of dark damage to him, for only one MP. If you don't have Cream Pie, use Shuriken instead.

Grind again Personaphe and Harpies if you need lots of healing items to use against him.

I beat him 2 pages ago, just using basic stuff (none of that stuff you recommended), and have beaten the game since ;) I'll go edit my original post.

Castlevania stuff:
How do I unlock the bonus stuff? Also, I get the real ending by casting Sanctuary on the vamp twins, right?

Oh actually, I do have a suggestion!

Try to use Vampire Killer when killing Dracula?
I never got to fight him, just the vampire twins. Then Brauner was like, okay you win I'll destroy Drac's castle. And then he did. And that was it.

Castlevania stuff:
How do I unlock the bonus stuff? Also, I get the real ending by casting Sanctuary on the vamp twins, right?

I never got to fight him, just the vampire twins. Then Brauner was like, okay you win I'll destroy Drac's castle. And then he did. And that was it.
Then you got the bad ending I think. Did you cast Sanctuary on the vampire twins?

Castlevania stuff:

Then you got the bad ending I think. Did you cast Sanctuary on the vampire twins?
No, but I can fight again.

also that is not a spoiler so i'm not tagging it

Start the fight with Jonathan active, equipped with Taunt, and Charlotte equipped with Sancuary.

Wait till they do icicle drop, move off to the side and start the casting with R, and use taunt to bring them away from her. Just take the ice like a man, use potions if needed.