Nintendo DS

The Damned

In case you didn't know, Japan loves the DS.

That's right: DS games make up the fist seven of the list, and 14 of the top twenty games. And with Dragon Quest 9 being an exclusive, I think we can safely call the DS the complete and total winner of the portable "war". There's no stopping it, just try to jump out of its way. If you can't do that, jump forward of the giant tidal wave of success, so that when you get swept away by it, the impact of you hitting it is slightly lessened.

That's right: DS games make up the fist seven of the list, and 14 of the top twenty games. And with Dragon Quest 9 being an exclusive, I think we can safely call the DS the complete and total winner of the portable "war". There's no stopping it, just try to jump out of its way. If you can't do that, jump forward of the giant tidal wave of success, so that when you get swept away by it, the impact of you hitting it is slightly lessened.

:roll:

Too subtle?

Too subtle?

Something like that. I mean, I love the DS as much as the next guy, but...well... :roll:

Too subtle?

Something like that. I mean, I love the DS as much as the next guy, but...well... :roll:

Well, I was going to add a few "And lo," to the thing to make it more biblical, but I decided that would be too obvious a mocking. Sarcasm is really, really hard to convey in text. It sounded a lot funnier when I was typing it out.

But still... ouch, that's impressive. Last year at this time, it was like that for the PS2. Hell, for the last three years, it was the PS2. The market changed pretty quickly over 2006.

I'd love to see game sales figure for each week and month for the entire year, just to see when the shift started.

/off to find charts and stuff

Sorry to double post, but I found a pretty good spot for pretty much leveling yourself and skills at the same time. Plus the monster drops a ring that probably sells for a lot(as mentioned above actually, heh).

Right here in the Forgotten City.

poriy4.jpg

There are Lesser Demons(199exp a pop). Let them multiply(6 maximum I think) and have at them with your skills to destroy them. Easiest way to let them multiply is to stand on the statue's head and wait. It's hard for them to hit you there.

I'm currently working on the Javelin and it's going up pretty quickly. It's near a save spot, so you can kill them, refill your hp/mp and go back down. Rinse, repeat.

So I was wondering how I was going to show up to do the "Overcome the curse" quest when I found the Skull Ring. Raises your stats by a lot, except luck, and curses you lol.

I did it differently - I went to the long room with all those platforms going up on the right and down on the left, near the painting to the Nation of Fools map, and then I went to the very top room and got cursed there.

So I was wondering how I was going to show up to do the "Overcome the curse" quest when I found the Skull Ring. Raises your stats by a lot, except luck, and curses you lol.

I did it differently - I went to the long room with all those platforms going up on the right and down on the left, near the painting to the Nation of Fools map, and then I went to the very top room and got cursed there.

Yeah, I'm sure there is a much, much easier way to get cursed as you stated because this ring is pretty rare. I just totally forgot what monster/whatever curses you, and I just happened to stumble upon this ring being dropped.

Yeah, I'm sure there is a much, much easier way to get cursed as you stated because this ring is pretty rare. I just totally forgot what monster/whatever curses you, and I just happened to stumble upon this ring being dropped.

I have the same ring, but I got it long, long after I completed that quest Bahamut's way.

It helps a lot with the beginning Nest of Evil bosses.

I have the same ring, but I got it long, long after I completed that quest Bahamut's way.

Nest of Evil is easy until you get to fighting two The Creatures at once...that is eeeeeevil.

Nest of Evil is easy until you get to fighting two The Creatures at once...that is eeeeeevil.

Yeah, that was really "fun" the first time around.

After I got all of Charlotte's spells(thus completing all the quests) I got the Magus Ring, which boosts your MP restoration liek woah. I used that and about ten thousand "Meteors" to beat them.. several times. Stupid wanting to get all the item drops...

YES, PHOENIX WRIGHT!!!

I can't wait for that. I wonder if they are going to bring 3 here or are they going to skip it and just bring GS 4 here.

Do most the SE games come out next year too?

I want to play DQIX.

Man, I never used to play RPGs on the tv, but put them on a handheld and I'll play it.

Do most the SE games come out next year too?

I hope so. I'm surprised that they have such a list of games coming to the DS and, more than that, I'm surprised how many look good to me. Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book and FF:CC I am especially excited for, but Wonderful Life and DQIX look interesting as well. With any luck, they'll be '07 releases.

I also recently read a little bit about Mistwalker's game coming to the DS, ASH: Ancient Sealed Heat, and understand that is supposed to be a lat '07 release. Looking forward to it.

At any rate, it looks like 2007 will especially be a great year for RPGs on the DS.

I wanna try FFXII:RW. I have the PS2 one, but I haven't played it and I don't know if I will (its my older bro's game), but FFXII:RW looks fun and its 2d!

I love that 2d games are still alive.

You might wanna play FFXII for the PS2 first as Revenant Wings is a semi-sequel.

I'll probably get around to it. I never beat a final fantasy game. I always get near the end and I just stop playing for some reason. On FF6 I got to the last part in the last game. Team split up and everything, just never beat it. If I do get into FFXII, I'll most likely stop somewhere for no apparent reason.

Hey guys, I made a song using only Electroplankton and one piano patch as sound sources. Figured maybe some of you guys would be interested.

http://www.sgxmusic.com/music/SGX%20-%20A%20Meal%20For%20a%20Whale.mp3

I talk more about it here: http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=96464

I definitely like the idea. I don't personally have Electroplankton, but a friend of mine has it and loves it. I played around with it and found it to be pretty awesome. I'm gonna have to check out the thread you have more info on this later, since I'm just about to head out from work. Anyway, good job man; it's pretty cool.

I actually don't really like EP myself...though I thought my song concept was cool :).

I was actually very underwhelmed with it and I doubt I'll play with it again now that this song is done (thought I have ideas for incorporating it into a live act if I ever really develop one).

I totally knew from reviews that it isn't really a 'game' and was ready for that. That's not the problem. I think it is pretty creative and cool...great atmosphere and art and all that, but the level of interactivity and control was underwhelming for me. Most of the games you can't actually create specific sounds and melodies you want...its more like you do something and something really crazy and almost random occurs. Sure you instigated the result, but you don't have a whole lot of control. Perhaps also it is because I am EXTREMELY familiar/comfortable/used to a high level of visual interface/sound interaction with my music software and with my own music/audio interactive game/toy, that this fails to impress and intrigue me in comparison. I also didn't think the nintendo sounds in some of the games fit the aesthetic at all.