Nintendo DS

The Damned

Lea, yeah all you have to do to get Kahn is beat all four level's stages. Sorry for the confusion.

I swear, it's actually easier to get 'S' ranks on the more difficult ones like 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' or 'ABC' or 'Survivor' simply because there are so many markers to hit you can get about 20 or so 100 hits and still score an 'S'.

Well, I tried again today... I was about to say "screw it" when I failed on the 14th hit of the last set of 15 hit markers, but then I tried one more time and while it didn't go too impressively (I knew I could have done a lot better in the earlier sections), I beat it with an A.

I can't tell whether Kahn is hilarious or scary.

The storyline in Diddy Kong Racing is fundamentally flawed:

why did taj have all the balloons?

If wizpig was terrorizing the island and all the animals were fighting him, why did they then compete against each other to get the balloons rather than working together?

If they were that important for getting wizpig to leave, why didn't taj just give them to diddy and his friends?

The stats for all three kongs in the DS version are terribly poor and worse than the original characters - so why did they even send for diddy's help in the first place?

and all the stuff that taj did seemed to coincide with wizpig's plan.. we speculated that they're actually working together and that it's really some kind of sick game to see all the little furry things compete against each other, they're probably in wigpig's spaceship watching the races, guffawing with glee

Racing games hardly have good plots, just like fighting games. I really don't think it's something you have to put against a racing or fighting game nowadays. It's always been less important versus the mechanics of the game but as long as there are no contradictions or holes, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Does anyone have any good prospects for upcoming DS games? Right now, the upcoming games list posted on Gamefaqs doesn't look too appetizing. Most of them sound like horrible titles. But then again, the popular systems usually get a lot of them just to ensure some number of sales. Apparently, there's a frisbee game that's coming out in March or something. I'm probably in the minority if I say the concept interests me, but I'm almost positive that it won't really target the hardcore ultimate frisbee player and that disappoints me.

Racing games hardly have good plots, just like fighting games. I really don't think it's something you have to put against a racing or fighting game nowadays. It's always been less important versus the mechanics of the game but as long as there are no contradictions or holes, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Does anyone have any good prospects for upcoming DS games? Right now, the upcoming games list posted on Gamefaqs doesn't look too appetizing. Most of them sound like horrible titles. But then again, the popular systems usually get a lot of them just to ensure some number of sales. Apparently, there's a frisbee game that's coming out in March or something. I'm probably in the minority if I say the concept interests me, but I'm almost positive that it won't really target the hardcore ultimate frisbee player and that disappoints me.

Lunar knights is already out but i didn't get a chance to play it yet, it sounds pretty sweet. Pokemon and that Chocobo Adventure game come out in April i believe. but nothing cool in march that i know of.

Well, my quest to totally beat EBA is over. No, I didn't get all 'S' ranks for everyone (only for Spin and J), but I did get the highest ranking possible. That's what I was striving for anyway. On to MMZX!

Welcome to my world. I haven't touched it in a long while though. I'm pretty sure I can beat it in an hour. Despite people putting down the game a bit in the Megaman ZX Advent thread, I really like this game. I haven't played a Megaman game ever since X3, and it made me love Megaman all over again. I like the tiny things they put into it though, like the different metal pitches. Very cool. The map sucks, though, I will agree with that. But if you know where you're going, then it's all good.

I'll probably beat the game this weekend since I've gotten sick of Brain Age.

Finally got my hands on two DS lites (I'm giving one to my girlfriend). They are impossible to find for retail here and I lucked out by checking some store out in the sticks. My R4 card with a 1 gig micro SD should be here soon, so now the world of the DS is my oyster. What are some lesser known gems that you guys have liked lately?

Finally got my hands on two DS lites (I'm giving one to my girlfriend). They are impossible to find for retail here and I lucked out by checking some store out in the sticks. My R4 card with a 1 gig micro SD should be here soon, so now the world of the DS is my oyster. What are some lesser known gems that you guys have liked lately?

Haha one of my friends is doing the same shit when he gets a DS Lite (mainly pirating - it's the only thing he can't really pirate on his PSP).

I definitely recommend Elite Beat Agents though, even if the music is shitty. Of course I bet you'll try the Castlevanias, but other than that...I find it hard to recommend DS games myself.

Haha one of my friends is doing the same shit when he gets a DS Lite (mainly pirating - it's the only thing he can't really pirate on his PSP).

I definitely recommend Elite Beat Agents though, even if the music is shitty. Of course I bet you'll try the Castlevanias, but other than that...I find it hard to recommend DS games myself.

Yeah, I own both of the Castlevanias already. I finally got PoR a week or so ago and can't stop playing it. I had been holding out for the English version because I love all the crazy translations of the items. I've already got a pretty good library of DS games (about 15) but from now on it's all piracy baby (aside from any other Castlevania games that come out). I'll check out EBA.

Also, homebrew is probably not even bothing with since PSP homebrew blows it out of the water, but are there any intersting DS homebrew apps? Maybe some stylus enabled games or something...

These aren't "Lesser known" but I recommend all of the following:

Club House Games

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Electroplankton

Final Fantasy III DS

Kirby Canvas Curse

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Mario Kart DS

MegaMan Battle Network 5

Mega Man ZX

Meteos

Metroid Prime Hunters

New Super Mario Bros.

Nintendogs

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Tetris DS

WarioWare: Touched!

I guess now that I'm keeping track of all the games I've played and whether I liked em, I can pull out lists like this. Nifty.

These aren't "Lesser known" but I recommend all of the following:

Club House Games

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Electroplankton

Final Fantasy III DS

Kirby Canvas Curse

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Mario Kart DS

MegaMan Battle Network 5

Mega Man ZX

Meteos

Metroid Prime Hunters

New Super Mario Bros.

Nintendogs

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Tetris DS

WarioWare: Touched!

I guess now that I'm keeping track of all the games I've played and whether I liked em, I can pull out lists like this. Nifty.

Clubhouse Games is ok, but not really that great for people who love to play games hardcore. Final Fantasy III DS sucks ass - the tedium is mindblowing. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time isn't special either. Mario Kart is great but I'm sure he knows to play that. Mega Man ZX is solid. Meteos is alright, worth some playing, especially fans of Lumines. Metroid Prime Hunters is sort of meh IMO, same wiith NSMB. Wario Ware Touched! is good too of course.

Clubhouse Games is ok, but not really that great for people who love to play games hardcore. Final Fantasy III DS sucks ass - the tedium is mindblowing. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time isn't special either. Mario Kart is great but I'm sure he knows to play that. Mega Man ZX is solid. Meteos is alright, worth some playing, especially fans of Lumines. Metroid Prime Hunters is sort of meh IMO, same wiith NSMB. Wario Ware Touched! is good too of course.

metroid was fun when everyone here used to play it

Also, homebrew is probably not even bothing with since PSP homebrew blows it out of the water, but are there any intersting DS homebrew apps? Maybe some stylus enabled games or something...

I haven't looked into homebrew games yet, but I have moonshell set up on my DS. It is a linux based gui (not that I know shit about the technical workings of linux, or computers in general), which essentially acts your desktop/browser of sorts.

http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/nds/

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/MoonShell

If functions as a sort of multimedia browser- basic image types are supported but it seems that videos have to be converted to another format, which I haven't tried yet. The best part about it, for me, is that it plays nsf, spc, and mod files. Because ripping tons of emulated soundtracks to mp3 would be insane, moonshell effectively turned my DS into my portable NSF player.

I also went through and replaced all the standard moonshell images with a little smb3 theme I came up with. There's one thing left I have in mind to make it look a little nicer, but I'm happy with how it looks-

DSC00001.jpg

Browsing NSFs

Listening to some Metroid. The Power Meter is the progress bar ;)

You would think that with the stylus and all there'd be a decent flash/ swf player for the DS, but a working one doesn't seem to exist yet. :( I'd like to get some flash games on here.

The single player really wasn't a game. The main focus of Hunters was online multiplayer, and that got messed up because of the inability to patch the game.

Everyone started disconnecting the second things turned sour or they'd pick Trace and constantly run after getting one kill. Not to mention the leaderboards were messed up from people playing in friend games...

But it's still a good game if everyone plays right. I'll defend it anytime someone knocks it.

The single player really wasn't a game. The main focus of Hunters was online multiplayer, and that got messed up because of the inability to patch the game.

Everyone started disconnecting the second things turned sour or they'd pick Trace and constantly run after getting one kill. Not to mention the leaderboards were messed up from people playing in friend games...

But it's still a good game if everyone plays right. I'll defend it anytime someone knocks it.

yea it was fun except you kept beating everyone