Nintendo DS

The Damned

well on my bros DS it literally took half a second to turn around (that wasnt very nice in Megaman ZX) so yeah we switched it but the one we got from nintendo works perfectly now. I notice no difference between that and my old DS.

the lite is WAY better I don't see why you people would prefer an old one over it

I have no idea where my little thing is. I've always got a GBA game of some kind in mine (FF 6 Advance right now), so it never bothers me, and it still fits in my pocket just fine.

Whoever was talking about the fingerprint marks, someone actually went and de-polished his black DS Lite. I saw it on a website a while ago, can't remember where now. I'll look for the link.

I have been wondering if I should sell my DS and get the lite, yet recently I found a dead pixel (I don't know how long it's been there, I found it playing FF3). You guys think I could get my DS replaced for a DS lite by Nintendo?
I've often wondered that myself. I don't have a dead pixel, but I have a weird smudge on my screen that has been there since I got it and cannot be cleaned off.

I have been wondering if I should sell my DS and get the lite, yet recently I found a dead pixel (I don't know how long it's been there, I found it playing FF3). You guys think I could get my DS replaced for a DS lite by Nintendo?

if within a year yes

its worth a call

the worse they can say is no, but they probably wont

Pretty much. The whole point is that unlike pretty much every other RPG, even the other creature-collecting ones, you can make any team you want with almost any attacks you want. You can even get so specific as to choose which stats get bonuses, both battle and otherwise.

Because they're fine games? Because they're solid titles in their own right? Because it's fun to make a team and use it to beat the shit out of other teams, whether it's in-game or against another person?

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

Some older and newer pokémon show up only on one version. Trading is also a hell of a lot easier, so getting those missing ones is pretty simple.

If you have wi-fi, you can place the poke you want to trade away on the Global Trade System (GTS), and even when you turn the game off, the server(s) that handle the trading system on-line will store it for you. If another person has the poke you're looking for, and they agree to the few conditions you specified (like gender and level), they send their poke to the server. Once you turn your game back on, the system automatically completes the trade for you and taa-daa! You traded a pokémon without even having to be there.

GTS sounds like a really nice feature. As for differences, I know about the differences in pokemon. I meant with respect to story, interface, or anything else. Or does the story just not matter much?

The story of pokemon is always pretty much the same. You start out as a noob with no pokemon, do something at the beginning to obtain your starter pokemon, get a pokedex and go collect your first badge. Soon you'll meet the evil guys (Team Rocket in Red, Blue, Gold and Silver; Team Aqua and Magma in Ruby and Sapphire; and Team Galaxy in Diamond and Pearl). You'll encounter them frequently as you go on collecting badges until you have a showdown with them because their plans involve doing something Dr. Evil-like Evil with legendary pokemon. KILL THEM. Get your last badge and fight the elite 4 to become THE POKEMON MASTERZ ZOMG!

The story of pokemon is always pretty much the same. You start out as a noob with no pokemon, do something at the beginning to obtain your starter pokemon, get a pokedex and go collect your first page. Soon you'll meet the evil guys (Team Rocket in Red, Blue, Gold and Silver; Team Aqua and Magma in Ruby and Sapphire; and Team Galaxy in Diamond and Pearl). You'll encounter them frequently as you go on collecting badges until you have a showdown with them because their plans involve doing something Dr. Evil-like Evil with legendary pokemon. KILL THEM. Get your last badge and fight the elite 4 to become THE POKEMON MASTERZ ZOMG!

And yet it looks so good.

The story of pokemon is always pretty much the same. You start out as a noob with no pokemon, do something at the beginning to obtain your starter pokemon, get a pokedex and go collect your first page. Soon you'll meet the evil guys (Team Rocket in Red, Blue, Gold and Silver; Team Aqua and Magma in Ruby and Sapphire; and Team Galaxy in Diamond and Pearl). You'll encounter them frequently as you go on collecting badges until you have a showdown with them because their plans involve doing something Dr. Evil-like Evil with legendary pokemon. KILL THEM. Get your last badge and fight the elite 4 to become THE POKEMON MASTERZ ZOMG!

Most people usually have a point to posting something like this. I'm assuming you're insulting the game based on its storyline, which is NEVER the point to buying a Pokemon game?

Most people usually have a point to posting something like this. I'm assuming you're insulting the game based on its storyline, which is NEVER the point to buying a Pokemon game?

Or perhaps he's simply explaining what the storyline is honest-to-God like, since the question was asked, and subtlely implying that the storyline is mostly irrelevant? Great critical reading on your part.

Yeah, what interests me in this one is the WiFi battling/trading. Before you were pretty much limited to a couple people to play, but now you can battle anyone in the world! Quite different, although I'll surely be discouraged by the people who do NOTHING but play Pokemon.

In case no one's mentioned it:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/780/780820p1.html

Sonic Rush Adventure. It would be nice if it actually wound up being good. I wonder if "Adventure" means it's actually supposed to fit into the Sonic Adventure series plotline or if it's just referring to the style of gameplay (free-roaming, third-person platforming). I hope that if it's the latter they actually do it right. Either way, since it's on DS we shouldn't have too many issues with cheesy voiceovers!

Incidentally, it's going to be online.

EDIT: It looks like the only third person segments are the water vehicle parts and boss fights (a la Rush). The rest of it will be sidescrolling. Well, I'm cool with that, as I pretty much liked how Rush turned out.

Yeah, what interests me in this one is the WiFi battling/trading. Before you were pretty much limited to a couple people to play, but now you can battle anyone in the world! Quite different, although I'll surely be discouraged by the people who do NOTHING but play Pokemon.

and the fags that use the action replay for DS

and the fags that use the action replay for DS

The producers of all the DS cheats I know of do not publish codes or enable the software for games that feature Nintendo WFC connectibility.

The only cheats going on would probably be save hacking from flashcart owners - a tiny minority of DS players.

The producers of all the DS cheats I know of do not publish codes or enable the software for games that feature Nintendo WFC connectibility.

The only cheats going on would probably be save hacking from flashcart owners - a tiny minority of DS players.

if you give your pokeymans crazy stats with action replay then play online dont your pokeymans stats stay the same online?

Well, you just download a save file and pop it in there instead of the save file you have on your card. Takes all of 3 seconds assuming you have an R4/M3. Haven't done anything like that, even though there are some games I physically own and have beaten nearly 100% and have to start over completely using a the ROM. What's the point really? You're just cheating yourself out of gameplay. But when it comes to smashing people over WiFi... hmm....

Well, you just download a save file and pop it in there instead of the save file you have on your card. Takes all of 3 seconds assuming you have an R4/M3. Haven't done anything like that, even though there are some games I physically own and have beaten nearly 100% and have to start over completely using a the ROM. What's the point really? You're just cheating yourself out of gameplay. But when it comes to smashing people over WiFi... hmm....

D: dont be a meanie!!!!