Nintendo DS

The Damned

I am seriously getting interested in that game now. I guess you can put a lot of time in it, but is it time consuming in the sense that you have to play for hours or can you simply pick it up an play once in a while.

You can do either. Once you start playing it, though, you won't want to put it down.

I play Etrian Odyssey on the ride to work in the morning and when im listening back on mixes and stuff that I am working on.

100 en is not a ton of cash, or you could just close the DS as well. If you like the old school style dungeon crawlers, this one is about as good as i've played.

I can't remember liking them back then, but I was a kid. Nowadays I like varied gaming experiences. And I feel it could be a nice complement to EVE online. Mining can get boring and I'm setting up a mining operation.

I can't remember liking them back then, but I was a kid. Nowadays I like varied gaming experiences. And I feel it could be a nice complement to EVE online. Mining can get boring and I'm setting up a mining operation.

That's part of the beauty of a DS, the games are all pretty reasonably priced, so if you grab one and it's not quite for you, it wasn't quite the $50 investment. Etrian Odyssey is pretty good for doing it while doing other things, since it is a turn based battle system. Just close the DS or leave it going while you do something else, then come back to is as needed. :-)

Does Planet Puzzle League have stylus and pad control? And if so, which is easier?

I'm too used to the d-pad to even really use the stylus...it seems some of the really good players are using the d-pad too.

Edit: So I'm 33-4 so far I think in ranked matches...and wtf is with competent and pretty good players getting scared off? I've had 2-3 disconnects in the middle of the game so far.

Still sitting on the fence between getting Planet Puzzle League and sticking with my wife's copy of Meteos (or getting my own so I don't have to put up with the Disney version. She only got it because it was a trade-in copy and was cheap). Drack, why do you like Meteos better? Bahamut, which do you recommend and why?

Still sitting on the fence between getting Planet Puzzle League and sticking with my wife's copy of Meteos (or getting my own so I don't have to put up with the Disney version. She only got it because it was a trade-in copy and was cheap). Drack, why do you like Meteos better? Bahamut, which do you recommend and why?

I like Meteos better because it's more frantic, fast-paced, and action packed. While I'm not denying in the least that PPL requires you to think fast, it kind of "locks up" for a second whenever you make a trio, giving you a chance to combo but at the same time stopping the growth of stuff from below you. You can't even force it with the L+R combo.

With Meteos, if I'm on a roll, you bet I'm holding L and having the game throw everything it can at me while I combo it right back. Constantly fearful of death, I'm making moves as fast as I can think of them. Step jumping ignitions and building up bigger and bigger rockets, while having the game dump as much as possible onto the heap and shooting the whole damn thing at the enemy. That's classic. There is also so much diversity (dare I say, depth?) between the various planets.

With PPL, it's more of a set up. You make a trio, the game kind of pauses and lets you think of how you can combo it. It's more about strategy than action and reaction speed. The game will even give you hints in the form of an arrow telling you to move a block this way to that when it falls it makes another trio. The comboing system of PPL is more similar to Puyo Puyo than it is to Meteos: You get a combo if when the blocks that fall form your last trio fall in such a way that they make another trio, as opposed to meteos's "secondary ignitions" where you make an ignition on or adjacent to one you've already made. It's a different style of play, and one I enjoy less than blowing stuff up.

Both games have excellent music.

there really isn't a question as to which game is better
You are entitled to your opinion, but this comment reeks of "Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong."

PM Japan.

There are some insane people online in PPL. I didn't think I was good or anything but I certainly didn't get expect to get destroyed so badly by some of these guys.

Yeah, I'm loving the challenge of online. So far I'm 77-8, and others who've seen me play at MAGfest earlier in the year know how good I am. I'm still dominating most of the good players though - some of them even disconnect on me midgame :-? .

And I just played 3 matches with MaGi_TekK, lost 1-2, but they were great matches.