Nintendo DS

The Damned

Does anyone know if I could play people with PPL games, when I have the Japanese one?

Also, it is my opinion that the stylus is the superior control mechanism. You can move about the screen quickly and accurately, as well as swap panels multiple squares rapidly and flawlessly. It's hard to do the small tricky moves, but for chaining, that small hurdle is easily outweighed by the mobility the stylus gives you.

Also, you can raise the stack while chaining. It's an option (at least in the Japanese version). This has allowed me to break 100,000 points on time trial with a 55+ chain and bonuses.

I just wish I had an easy way to get online to tear it up there! The only time I did get online, I played two matches against the same person for some reason, and they were completely new to the game.

Yeah, some of the Japanese players are just insane... I thought I was pretty good at Puyo Puyo, but then I played the 15th Anniversary Collection online and damn... I was destroyed consistantly. These guys just throw out 10+ chains like they are nothing. But for some reason I kill everyone at Tetris.

Yeah, some of the Japanese players are just insane... I thought I was pretty good at Puyo Puyo, but then I played the 15th Anniversary Collection online and damn... I was destroyed consistantly. These guys just throw out 10+ chains like they are nothing. But for some reason I kill everyone at Tetris.

Yeah, that's like me too - I didn't even notice I had a 22 chain in a battle before since I was on the phone, so I had to cut it off since anything at 12+ is a waste for garbage blocks and lets them raise up their screen to get the ! blocks to send you shock blocks with (which happened, but I still beat the guy handily anyway).

As for Kanthos's previous question on PPL vs. Meteos, of course it's a no brainer for me to pick PPL (being a huge Tetris Attack fan and all). Meteos just lacks depth and becomes more of a stylus frenzy than strategy, while PPL has well defined strategies and trumps Meteos in pure gameplay depth.

Man, now y'all are getting me excited about puzzle games again. I went and played Kamoh in some old school Tetris yesterday. Good times.

You know, when I think about it, puzzle games and fighting games have many similarities. At their heart, they're both just about out-smarting your opponent (like many games are of course), but they also require knowledge of their respective rules/ complex systems and quick reaction time at higher levels. Not to mention both genres usually are known for their interesting artistic direction (ie. Tetris Attack, Guilty Gear, Lumines, Jo Jo's Bizzare Advenure)

Mind games.

That logic seems to be at the base of all games capable of high-level competitive play in my opinion. In theory, if you know the game enough and can read people well you can be good at the game. This doesn't bring physical factors such as quick eyes or reaction time into play however.

Wow, nice to see such a huge discussion here on the DS (I'm new here), especially since I come in on one of my favorite topics, puzzle games.

I'm pretty much in love with my DS at the moment, it gets more attention than the other mess of consoles laying around my room.

Current titles I own are:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime

Elite Beat Agents

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

Kirby Squeek Squad

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All

Pokemon: Pearl Version

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Resident Evil Deadly Silence

Starfox Command

Touch the Dead

Yoshi's Island DS

Not much of a collection yet but I'm working on it, which brings me to a question... any recommendations? I'm open to all genres for the most part, and a lot of the games at the store I work at are on discount for $18, so maybe there's a gem there I don't know about? Thanks.

Also, is it at all sad I spend most of my break time at work to play Ouendan rather than eat food?

Got Tetris DS, since I never bought any other variation except for the original Tetris for the old grey brick. It brought a tear to my eye and made me very happy :D

great game to play while waiting for my computer to run its anti-virus scans and waiting for other stuff to finish.

I picked up a copy of Planet Puzzle League last night. Much much better than Meteos. My wife has it today, since she's trying it out to see if she wants a copy too, but I'm quite impressed with it from the 45 minutes I was able to play for.

Wow, nice to see such a huge discussion here on the DS (I'm new here), especially since I come in on one of my favorite topics, puzzle games.

I'm pretty much in love with my DS at the moment, it gets more attention than the other mess of consoles laying around my room.

Current titles I own are:

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime

Elite Beat Agents

Final Fantasy III

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

Kirby Squeek Squad

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All

Pokemon: Pearl Version

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

Resident Evil Deadly Silence

Starfox Command

Touch the Dead

Yoshi's Island DS

Not much of a collection yet but I'm working on it, which brings me to a question... any recommendations? I'm open to all genres for the most part, and a lot of the games at the store I work at are on discount for $18, so maybe there's a gem there I don't know about? Thanks.

Also, is it at all sad I spend most of my break time at work to play Ouendan rather than eat food?

Advance Wars DS. I've only played it a few times, but it seems to be made with the same quality gameplay and presentation that the first two games are full of.

Advance Wars DS. I've only played it a few times, but it seems to be made with the same quality gameplay and presentation that the first two games are full of.

Good luck finding that game, but if you get a copy, it's great. I second Etrian Odyssey and also suggest Planet Puzzle League and Clubhouse Games.

I got Phoenix Wright 2 last night and while the music so far is cheesy, it's not horrible. I don't have much time to play today but tomorrow night should be a blast.

just finished this game yesterday

the music gets better and better as you go and the writing is better than the first in my opinion

so yeah go for it