Nintendo DS

The Damned

Does anyone know if the screen dimensions for the DS and the Lite are the same? I've managed to buff out nearly all the scratches on my touch screen now, but I'm feeling a lot more cautious about playing EBA until I know my screen is safe.

Hori brand screen protectors.

Also, since I'm linking things, learn to play Picross just in time for the DS release this Wednesday.

Also, since I'm linking things, learn to play Picross just in time for the DS release this Wednesday.

Just checked IGN and the MSRP is just $20. Can't go wrong with that, considering Picross is like one of the most addicting number puzzles pretty much ever. And apparently there's talk of downloadable puzzles from Nintendo and other people through WFC?

Are those screen protectors pretty easy to put on I assume? Did you have to re-apply it multiple times because of an air bubble or you didn't get it on perfectly straight or anything?

Easy to put on as long as you're careful. But even if you're not, they're removable and re-applicable if you mess up. In fact, you can take them off and put them back on several times.

I got mine on no problem the first time, though.

Just checked IGN and the MSRP is just $20. Can't go wrong with that, considering Picross is like one of the most addicting number puzzles pretty much ever. And apparently there's talk of downloadable puzzles from Nintendo and other people through WFC?

Yes and yes as I understand it. Also, you can play Picross here if you want to give it a test drive before buying.

I thought I heard the DS one was good, but the Wii one wasn't.

All I have to say is, I've never played the one for Wii, but if you don't like the DS version, you have no soul.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Best handheld game in a looong while, as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't buy all of them at full price!

Full Price Games ($35)

Mario Kart DS

Mario 64 DS

Pokemon Diamond

Jam With the Band

Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!

Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! 2

Polarium

Tetris DS

Yoshi Touch and Go

Nintendogs

Metroid Prime Hunters

Yoshi's Island DS

Mario & Luigi DS

Snowboard Kids DS (HORRID)

Elite Beat Agents

Advance Wars DS

Trauma Center

Kirby DS

Kirby Canvas Curse

Electroplankton

New Super Mario Bros

Super Princess Peach

Others (mostly $20)

Sonic Rush

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright 2

Jump Superstars

Jump Ultimate Stars

Super Monkey Ball DS

Big Brain Academy

Brain Age

Games I didn't buy

Cooking Mama

Castlevaia DS

Frogger Helmet Chaos

I'm out of high school and don't have a budget for this stuff anymore. ;_;

EDIT: FYI I'm going to USC to study videogame design. This stuff's an investment. :]

I saw a pack of thin plastic shell/screen protectors at Target for $10 that looked like official-esque Nintendo packaging but also had a Hori logo on the front. It has protectors for the outside top, both screens, and (IIRC) the areas around the dpad and buttons. It comes with a small cleaning cloth as well. Are these the sort of Hori screen protectors many people here have recommended, and if so, is that the standard price?

I saw a pack of thin plastic shell/screen protectors at Target for $10 that looked like official-esque Nintendo packaging but also had a Hori logo on the front. It has protectors for the outside top, both screens, and (IIRC) the areas around the dpad and buttons. It comes with a small cleaning cloth as well. Are these the sort of Hori screen protectors many people here have recommended, and if so, is that the standard price?

Well, I saw a similar set of MadCatz screen protectors & shells at a nearby Wal-Mart for the same price. I personally would say I guess that would be the standard price, give or take $5-6. But the ones that you're referring to looked a lot like the original except a bit heavier than the official Nintendo stuff and come in three colors (I think...)

I personally haven't heard anything in like a reference to buying them, but they do look rather decent. One of my co-workers has one and she only bought it because it was the first thing that caught her eye. That DS alone has been through abuse, but it's still intact - - with the protection in place.

But it's totally up to you if you want to chuck out the money for it.

Since I own both, I can say that Cooking Mama DS is well worth your time -- great game that is good for things like the 10 minutes between classes.

The Wii edition, on the other hand, will only entertain you the first time you get your friends to play it drunk. After that, it's useless -- the controls aren't nearly as good, and the multiplayer is approaching terrible.

Also...is anyone here playing Megaman Star Force? I've got Dragon, and am looking for anyone to add as a friend (but especially Pegasus and Leo players). My FC is 206266320901, and I'm currently level 22 in the school. Any level anyone is just fine with me, just respond in this topic with which Satellite you are on and your FC.