Nintendo DS

The Damned

I guess I'm old enough to be a parent generation...

Wait...I've played Zork...and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...and I'm coding a faux text adventure...

I'm 19, and there's no way in HECK I'm part of a "parent generation."

Then again, he might be referring to when they were released...which is stupid, as people are still making text adventures. They're just a little more...artsy.

It's one thing to play Zork. It's another thing to actually go to a store to buy a Zork or Ultima or King's Quest then play it. While paying $50 a pop.

That's quite true.

I was just reacting to the insinuation that "text-based games" being a part of "our parent's generation" when there's plenty of good, new, text adventures about today. And they're free, at that.

Of course, rereading the comment sheds light on my false assumption. Which sure makes an ass outta me.

I liked the second act too, but the third one doesn't seem to be related to any of the main characters and it doesn't have the excuse of being an introductory case.

I think PW2 is following the footsteps of PW1. PW1's Steel Samurai case didn't have anything to do with the main plot unless you count Maya's obsession...

It's one thing to play Zork. It's another thing to actually go to a store to buy a Zork or Ultima or King's Quest then play it. While paying $50 a pop.

That's more of what I was going for -- obviously I enjoy text adventures, or I wouldn't be playing through PW. I played King's Quest and Wizardry when I was younger (I'm 22, for reference) and still didn't hit the original releases. Goblin Quest 3 was especially memorable.

With that said, I wasn't old enough to buy those myself -- the first computer games I remember receiving as "mine" instead of my dad's were Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit.

Phoenix Wright is great, but I think most people are over its initial shock factor of it being a lawyer game. And typical Capcom, it's insanely repetitive now.

Well, the upcoming one (4) seems to be a bit different. Let's hope it's the case.

Regardless, I just finished 3 and am still amazed by the series, especially after the last case in this one.

Phoenix Wright is great, but I think most people are over its initial shock factor of it being a lawyer game. And typical Capcom, it's insanely repetitive now.

Also, your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Phoenix Wright isn't something you play for mindblowing gameplay. The lawyer gimmick isn't as important as the actual story either. Storytelling is Phoenix Wright's claim to fame.

Phoenix Wright isn't something you play for mindblowing gameplay. The lawyer gimmick isn't as important as the actual story either. Storytelling is Phoenix Wright's claim to fame.

I don't think it's storytelling in the conventional sense. I play Phoenix Wright for the experience of systematically breaking down and understanding the characters, motives, and crime scenes. It's an experience no other entertainment medium offers and few games rival.

I agree, but most reviewers aren't heaping it with praise of originality and gamers are getting the hint that it's going to be Capcom gravy train. Business as usual.

I mean, I play the games loyally and like them a lot. But I can see how it's falling out of favor with gamers a bit recently.

Been playing Rune Factory nonstop since I got it. I'm on day 7 in my first summer and have almost enough cash and wood to upgrade my house.

Holy hell, you must be a much better farmer than me. My field was destroyed by a typhoon in mid-summer and I haven't bothered to regrow anything. I'm just watering what I still have until fall, then my field will be ignored entirely. Growing in caves is much safer and more convenient.

But I'm making my real money by mining. Finding level 11 silver nuggets is getting to be commonplace, so I'm up to about 60,000 G. Only 600 pieces of wood, though. I hate how upgrading my axe to level 3 essentially did nothing but deprive me of my axe for a few days.

I love how I'm able to go about earning a living however I please, despite the farming supposedly being the "main" way to earn cash.