Nintendo DS

The Damned

The key is knowing which things to plant. I started off with 6 fields (3 tiles x 3 tiles) of strawberry plants for the spring, and right now, have 6 fields of grazing grass and six of pineapples. When I get to the fall, I'll plant 6 or more fields of sweet potatoes.

Why those crops in particular? They all sell pretty well, and they all have a regrowth period: after you harvest, keep watering those fields. In 2 days for strawberries and sweet potatoes (not sure yet for pineapples; they have a 20-day initial growth period, but it's probably 2 days as well), the crops grow back without you having to replant.

Other than that, I've done a lot of mining, particularly in Clemens Cave, because there are some good clusters of ore to mine. The room south of the trap room with the titan gives you 18, I think, and the room with the water in it (two screens north and one screen east of the titan room) has another 11. I did a lot of fishing in the first few days; once I'd watered my crops, I fished.

At the moment, I'm basically harvesting wood, but I've cleared the first 4 caves and have about 170,000 gold and 600 wood and am working on creating super-fruit (level 10 strawberries, sweet potatoes, and pineapples) in the first 3 caves. If you don't know, you can either trade items back and forth via Wi-Fi (they level up one quality level each time they're traded; very cheap way to get tons of money if you start trading a few items up to level 100), or you can plant a field of level 1 crops and use a greenifier on one of them (producing a level 2 crop), then sell the level 1 crops and put the level 2 crop in your seedmaker to get level 2 seeds, plant, use a greenifier, repeat. I have level 3 strawberry seeds to plant once I get my sickle back and can clear a field in Carmite Cave to plant on, plus level 3 sweet potatoes and level 3 pineapples growing in Toros and Clemens caves.

holy jeez you guys are putting a lot of effort into it

i just plant cool sounding plants preferably with regrowth

what girls are you dudes looking at? i'm considering tabatha and mist.

Dealing with storms is easy: save before bed, reload if you get a storm :)

I'm now growing one of each crop in the caves with greenifiers, to get them all to level 10. I've got all 7 monster barns built, but no basements yet, and have the first 5 full: 4 each of monsters who produce wool, milk, eggs, honey, and 4 that water. It's about the 3rd day of fall, my house has been fully upgraded since the 24th of summer, and I'm just buying the rest of the recipe books and small house upgrades. The crafting part of the game (cooking, forging, pharmacy, and decoration) is a lot of fun too.

Who to marry? Right now, I'm thinking Rosetta, but I'm going to get through the end of the game before I bother with getting married. Too many other things keeping me busy ;)

I just got DK Jungle Climber and Drawn to Life, both of which are a good time. Drawn will probably get passed to my fiancee pretty quick though, because she can actually draw, and I can't.

The new DK game is a different take on Donkey Kong Country -- interesting, but I'd like to see a mix of the two gameplay styles (maybe have the pegs as an added thing in stages instead of making them the absolute focus?)

So i got Jam Sessions. Just the normal edition, the special isn't until November which is retarded. I kind of hate it. I wish i wouldn't have bought it anyway. Yes it's like playing the guitar, but only if you play acoustic rhythm stuff, which is cool but the learning curve is sorta steep.

The special edition is a bit of a joke anyway. "Here, have this really crappy amp that's basically a replacement for plugging your PC speakers or something into your DS".

I'm mildly interested in Jam Sessions but won't be spending any money on it. If they had a good mechanism for playing individual notes and allowed you to store a very large number of palettes of chords per song instead of just two, I'd be much more interested. Jazz chords, or better yet, the ability to create your own chords, would make it fantastic. (I don't know how they'd let you play individual notes, but the other two features are/were definitely doable).

Sonic Rush Adventure is great so far -- the only thing I don't like is that you're forced to replay levels every once in awhile. Still, it's a great game, which is something I haven't said about a Sonic sequel in a long time.

Question: is it better than Sonic Rush, or just on par?

I'd say _slightly_ better, mostly because there are fewer places where you fall into bottomless pits a billion times. Oh, and the travelling is actually a good time -- I wasn't bored with the stylus games until the very end when I was looking for a few things.

Edit: Just beat the game last night -- good stuff! My only complaint is that I want a return of Super Sonic as playable during regular levels, and not regulated to what basically boils down to a cool bonus stage at the end.

I'd say _slightly_ better, mostly because there are fewer places where you fall into bottomless pits a billion times. Oh, and the travelling is actually a good time -- I wasn't bored with the stylus games until the very end when I was looking for a few things.

Good, they fixed my biggest issue with the first. That and the ridiculous story.

I've been playing Ouendan 2 for a while and after beating the 3rd bonus song on "Insane" mode SPOILERS I unlocked and evil EVIL more difficult mode! What the hell seriously this is nuts. All the large circles that close in on the numbers are invisible, along with 90% of my tap-pattern interpretation. I have to go almost completely by memory. o_O;/SPOILERS