Nintendo DS

The Damned

Nah. I'll download movies because most of them aren't worth paying to see. I'll download music because most of the stuff I like isn't sold in stores. I'll download a comic book if I hear it's good (like that Metropolitan one).

But games? No. Nintendo gets my money because they make stuff I like.

Oh God, the hypocrisy of it all. For me, I pirate what I can get. DS games are so fucking easy to pirate it's amazing.

Also, a lot of movies and music nowadays are worth the purchase on principle because a lot of them come from indy labels and have really good backstories on them. Also, if you're even remotely interested, then 'obtain' it, then that means you at least like it on some level. Then again, I pirate what I can get anyway. Thank god for flash drives for Nintendo handhelds.

Oh God, the hypocrisy of it all. For me, I pirate what I can get. DS games are so fucking easy to pirate it's amazing.

Also, a lot of movies and music nowadays are worth the purchase on principle because a lot of them come from indy labels and have really good backstories on them. Also, if you're even remotely interested, then 'obtain' it, then that means you at least like it on some level. Then again, I pirate what I can get anyway. Thank god for flash drives for Nintendo handhelds.

I don't download many. I'd estimate about... ten movies this year? Maybe a dozen? And of those, only about three came out in theaters here. The rest where from overseas and never saw any kind of release here, even DVD. Of those three, only one I liked (28 Weeks Later, of which I bought the DVD). The other two weren't worth shit. I haven't bothered with any more Hollywood stuff since summer. I'm pretty much done with getting Hollywood movies now. I might go see something in theaters, but only if it's cheap seats or someone else is paying (like when we went to go see Resident Evil 3. The tickets were given to us).

As for music, they don't sell the stuff I want in local stores. I've gone online and looked up sites to order it. It's either "I've never heard of that,", or "we don't ship to Canada" The US, sure. But for some reason, Canada isn't a place they can ship to. How fucked up is that?

That leaves games. I can get games here. There's a wide variety and they are decently priced. I know what kinds of stuff I like, and I know that I can expect more or less what I want from them. Why shouldn't I buy the stuff that is easily obtainable and download the stuff that is fucking impossible to get at all?

How is that hypocrisy?

I guess it makes more sense for foreign, as in Canadian, markets. Over here, there's just an overabundance of good movies and music and they're always accessible. I watch mostly non-Hollywood stuff too and forget about the music which is mostly foreign and obscure at that. For the Hollywood stuff, it is annoying to go to theaters where kids always yell "THAT IS GAYYYY~~~" all the time.

My ratio of buying them is about the same given that they are convenient to get or have some goodies attached (again, the only reason to even buy discs for me is to get the extras). With games, especially the short types that are worth a whim (typically most DS games), it's just easy to download for those I'm going to burn through and never play again. I still have like 25 DS games so that's not saying too much.

Maybe it's just me, because I have a high tolerance of media types, more so than usual. So much so that I pretty much pirate out of principle because I can't possibly buy everything I'm interested in.

On the subtopic of pirating, most of the stuff coming out these days isn't worth the money I pay for it unless I'm doing it with friends. That being said, don't waste your money on Resident Evil: Extinction unless you're going with friends like I did. :P

There's a ton of DS games going to be coming out. There are some Japan-only titles I want too, like Super Robot Wars W, but damn does Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword look interesting. The control scheme is enough to make me want to give it a shot. If you haven't heard anything about it:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ds/ninja-gaiden-dragon-sword-ds-impressions-302661.php

Seems pretty fun to me. Other than that, there's nothing I'm extremely excited about yet. Maybe the new Phoenix Wright in October, and Front Mission really piques my interest, because the DS needs more giant robot fighting. The pre-Christmas releases will be nuts for a lot of people to pick up. x_x

So I lost my DS today.

With Supercard DS-ONE in Slot 1 and Supercard MiniSD in Slot 2. :cry:

I had it in my bag as I was going to work this morning, but carelessly left the bag in a store. I later recovered the bag, but the DS was gone...

I guess there's nothing I can do now but pick up the pieces... I remember a few pages back someone was selling their old DS; do they still have it?

Edit: I'll be going back to the store tomorrow morning in case some employee took it, but... well I'm not getting my hopes up.

I remember the week I lost my DS. My neice and nephew were visiting, and I quickly realized that my then five year old nephew was both a packrat and a habitual liar. He grabbed stuff from all over the house and hoarded it in his bed. By the time he'd left, my DS was nowhere to be found (he was playing with it quite often, even erased my New Super Mario Bros file (I was on world 8...world phucking 8!!)

Harsh nothing. I defy you to explain how Golden Sun's good points overcome its obvious, enormous flaws.

You're missing the point. I'm not arguing that the game has no flaws. I'm arguing that even though you don't like it, someone who does like it doesn't necessarily have bad taste. It's especially arrogant to say BK should be glad someone stole the games, no matter how bad you thought they were!

An original J-RPG that is not produced by the machine that is the Sqeenix empire?

Made by the same people who made the awesomeness that is mario golf? I didn't say that it was the most soul-changing experience, only that it was pretty, very colorful, original, good music, and fairly epic.I guess it was one of the best rpgs I've played on the GBA. I can tolerate a little bit of brokenness for that huge battle with the fusion dragon at the end of GS1.

Also, I may have tastes that are a little different than yours. So you don't like Golden Sun. Cool. Enjoy what you do like!

Huh, well...I think I'm gonna get it. Prolly not order it, 'cause I dun have the funds to do that right now. I'll prolly think about it sometime after it's been out for a while. But I definitely have plans to play the sequel to the best Zelda what came from the Gamecube. -i'm not talking about Twilight Princess, 'cause I got it for the wii-

Phantom Hourglass got a 9.0 on IGN. The review is up.

They say it's a fun game with great graphics and that it's amazing that such a huge world could fit into a DS game. Apparently it suffers in simplicity - supposed to be REALLY easy and somewhat short - and the fact that occasionally the all-stylus control fails (you roll when you don't want to, etc). The multiplayer is supposed to be fun but a bit pointless. Obviously I'm still getting it despite its faults as it looks fantastic anyway and is a sequel to Wind Waker, one of my favorite games of all time.