Nintendo DS

The Damned

Browsing through link, it seems like they're not doing a complete 180. We all know how that turns out. It seems the cartoony style is still there, but toned down a bit. I hope Intelligent Systems knows what they're doing...

IS could replace the character art with stick figures and mouse turds and it would still be a great game if the gameplay and music was intact. Don't worry about it.

Has anyone played this Japanese rythem based game called Ouendan or it's sequel. It is a crazy amount of fun and the sound quaility isn't that bad niether. I think Elite Beat Agents was based off of it, or the other way around, or whatever.

Hell yes! Ouendan 1, 2, and EBA are my favorite DS games at the moment. I beat all the songs in Ouendan 1, have a couple songs to go in Ouendan 2, and beat absolutely everything in EBA, achieving the highest possible rank of Lovin' Machine with a cumulative score of 081,459,588. I can still do better of course. I only have S ranks on half the missions. ;-)

Ouendan is one of those games I can play forever. I will buy every sequel.

Has anyone played this Japanese rythem based game called Ouendan or it's sequel. It is a crazy amount of fun and the sound quaility isn't that bad niether. I think Elite Beat Agents was based off of it, or the other way around, or whatever.

The same team made EBA after so many people imported the original Ouendan. Instead of just doing general localization, they took it further and stylized the thing to better suit the new intended audience. Hence some of the scenarios are a bit similar. And yes, awesomeness abounds.

PSP sold 23.37 million? That's a pretty high number too. Especially since it seems like everyone owns a DS.

It seems high, but then you see that the DS has sold more than twice the amount of the PSP. Then it doesn't seem like that high of a number anymore :P

(possible) Pokemon G/S remake

There's nothing substantiating that there is one. And don't get started on that screenshot with Johto in it. That still hasn't been entirely proven.

Back on topic... Toys R Us is supposed to have a deal where if you buy Phantom Hourglass, they will also give you the guide book for free. Now, I like free stuff, and I do like guidebooks (more for nostalgia than for help... that's what gamefaqs is for). But I have no idea if this deal is going on in Canada as well. Anyone know one way or the other?

There's nothing substantiating that there is one. And don't get started on that screenshot with Johto in it. That still hasn't been entirely proven.

Back on topic... Toys R Us is supposed to have a deal where if you buy Phantom Hourglass, they will also give you the guide book for free. Now, I like free stuff, and I do like guidebooks (more for nostalgia than for help... that's what gamefaqs is for). But I have no idea if this deal is going on in Canada as well. Anyone know one way or the other?

Sorry, I'm of no help here. Didn't even hear about the deal till you mentioned it.

So very excited to play Phantom Hourglass tomorrow (unless for some strange reason the EB Games I ordered it at breaks street date), but I just realized that tomorrow Chibi Robo for DS ships. I never played the Gamecube one (though I've been pretty interested in trying it out), and seeing the DS version tempts me. Dammit, too many games, not enough time.

Any Pokemon players wanna help me do something wacky? I'm going to be playing a few games with friends tomorrow, and if anyone has capabilities to clone/gameshark some insane unfair legendary and wants to give it to me for free that would be awesome.

also: halo ds lol http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/02/halo-ds-plot-thickened-by-video-footage/

It seems high, but then you see that the DS has sold more than twice the amount of the PSP. Then it doesn't seem like that high of a number anymore :P

Not really. I fully expected the PSP to not even sell for 10 million. That seemed like a huge stretch but apparently I was wrong. It just seems the market is able to support more than one handhelds nowadays.

PS- It's really amazing how much time I'm spending on Brain Training 2. BEST GAME EVUR

playing phoenix wright 3 after having it so long finally

first case was quite awesome i must say

It still isn't on the two sites that I go to; what's the ROM number associated with it?

--Not that it really matters, since I'm still working on the 2nd game. Had to start over again after I lost my DS and flashcard last week. :|

Edit: And yeah supremespleen, Halo DS looked pretty cool. Maybe someday the demo will be leaked...

Interesting, I never knew about Halo DS until these videos. But from what I hear, the graphics (on the lower screen) and gun animations and all that are identical to the goldeneye rogue agent stuff. Which wasn't so great on ds. In fact, didn't EA make that game? So what's the connection here?