Nintendo DS

The Damned

So I managed to get in about 30-45 min last night on Phantom Hourglass, and is it just me or are the controls really unresponsive when it comes to rolling? Anyone have any tips they find help when trying to perform a roll?

That's pretty much the only negative thing I have to say about the game thus far, and I can't wait to get more time in on the game this weekend.

Any one got any idea on length? Ten, twenty hours? More, less? I know that it just came out (in North America, that is), but play length is an important aspect for deciding what games I get.

From what I hear, it's like 15-20 (longer if you do all the sidequest stuff), but I'll be seeing in the next week or two first hand the length of the game. I'm sure there'll be people on here that'll beating well before me, and I think it was Kak that already played through the Japanese version so he'd be the man to answer this question properly.

EDIT:

hold your stylus near the edge of the screen and draw little circles. This should make it work better.

Maybe I just need to play with it more, but I haven't had much luck with that thus far. Maybe I'm not holding it for long enough before I begin trying to draw small circles or something.

So I managed to get in about 30-45 min last night on Phantom Hourglass, and is it just me or are the controls really unresponsive when it comes to rolling? Anyone have any tips they find help when trying to perform a roll?

That's pretty much the only negative thing I have to say about the game thus far, and I can't wait to get more time in on the game this weekend.

I can't roll if my life depended on it. I also do that drawing circles at the very edge and it hardly helps any.

Anyway, I have gotten a good hour and 45 minutes into the game. So far I'm really liking it. The whole making notes on the map feature is very useful. This game actually feels much different from other Zelda games but in a good way. I'm glad Gamespot didn't contradict themselves for once and actually gave this game a good score for its innovative new features and fresh feel.

Good experience so far.

From what I hear, it's like 15-20 (longer if you do all the sidequest stuff), but I'll be seeing in the next week or two first hand the length of the game. I'm sure there'll be people on here that'll beating well before me, and I think it was Kak that already played through the Japanese version so he'd be the man to answer this question properly.

Yeah, they said 70+ hours on IGN for TP too, and my first playthrough took 40, 25 on my second (getting everything but poe souls on both). I'm figuring it'll probably be less than 15 hours on PH for most of us.

EDIT: 300g.jpg

It still isn't on the two sites that I go to; what's the ROM number associated with it?
It's 1342.

Ha.

One site has ROM #1342 as "New Touch Game Party (Europe)(Independent)" and my other has it as "Gyakuten Saiban 3 (J)". :?

It's mass chaos!

Yeah my code (use my Pearl code) is in the Database. Just AIM me when you wanna do a trade. I am usally available from 0100-0430 Japan Standard Time (I think that is like 1300-1630 Central time).
Brush, I've got you added. I also sent you a whole bunch of messages on aim last night. Not sure if I ever will be around when you are though. Maybe send an extra to The Damned and he could hook me up?

That is if you have any left. My FC is: 2620-9082-6449

Thanks!

I'm usually around from 7:00-7:40 AM and then 8:00-10:30 PM.

Yeah my code (use my Pearl code) is in the Database. Just AIM me when you wanna do a trade. I am usally available from 0100-0430 Japan Standard Time (I think that is like 1300-1630 Central time).

Will do. See you sometime around then. Also, if I can't get to you over AIM, I will try the OCR clan IRC channel, and then the other OCR ones.

Got to play just a bit more PH last night...

-Got the hourglass and went through Temple of the Ocean King with it, and found it to be really enjoyable. I also really enjoy using the shoulder button as a quick-key for using the selected item, though I didn't figure that out till after I was done with...whatever fire temple (on Ember Island or whatnot). Having that as an option really takes the "clunk" out of using the boomerang, hence is more enjoyable. Starting to figure out the rolls...slowly. I can get it to work about 1/2 the time now.-

Darkrai get. Brush rocks hard.

And Damned, we'll do the Salamence thang later. Thanks d00ds.

Sure.

By any chance, did you check out the IVs on your Darkrai? Mine is... well... bad. HP is middle range, Speed was actually pretty high, and everything else was rock-bottom. Zeros across the board.

Well, it's not like I was planning on using it any way, but still... Ah well, at least I have one. Now to just find someone with a spare Celebi, Lugia, Ho-oh, Arceus, and Shaymin.

Yeah, like that's going to happen. :roll:

Sure.

By any chance, did you check out the IVs on your Darkrai? Mine is... well... bad. HP is middle range, Speed was actually pretty high, and everything else was rock-bottom. Zeros across the board.

Well, it's not like I was planning on using it any way, but still... Ah well, at least I have one. Now to just find someone with a spare Celebi, Lugia, Ho-oh, Arceus, and Shaymin.

Yeah, like that's going to happen. :roll:

No. I'll look tomorrow. I don't really look at stats that much...

Anyway, I was thinking about building an A-Team with the strongest non legendary Pokes.

Suggestions?