Nintendo DS

The Damned

Right, so FF III mail-sending anyone?

Wow, onion knight wanting much? I remember earlier this year when I was so angry because I had noone to send mail to or recieve from. I no longer have the game... but a fellow Otaku does, so I can either get him to, or I'll do it meself. If I remember correctly, Its something like seven mails to unlock everything you can with that feature?

Can anyone suggest a nice case for a DS Lite?

I have this one, but I really have no idea what it's called... There's really no good standardization of these accessories. I purchased it at the Nintendo World Store though. It has two pouches, a big one and a small one, for your GBA and DS games respectively. Sorry I can't be of too much help. But at the very least, you know it exists!! :D

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

the new advance wars art new look makes it feel as though they are trying to make the game have a more "mature" feel

sorry, dug the old art style way more than generic animu blah style

unique > generic

I partially agree, but the dialogue in every previous AW game has been downright retarded. I'm waiting to see some Fire Emblem caliber story and character depth. The new battle scenes look much better too.

It just sucks that the characters from previous games likely won't be in it. Then again, a few Black Hole COs from AW2 who weren't in the campaign of AWDS were unlockable so hope remains.

Man, I am not liking Advance Wars DS 2... The gameplay and everything looks solid, just, the style of it I just can't get used to. I mean Advance Wars was never supposed to be realistic, I mean hell, you fought aliens. But the characters were really colorful, I loved the style of the old Advance Wars (man, I'm gonna have to start calling them the "old" now...). The new CO's look really bland in comparison. Well, I can HOPE for some old CO's to be unlockables. If Sturm is in it, then that'll definitely get me interested.

Man, I am not liking Advance Wars DS 2... The gameplay and everything looks solid, just, the style of it I just can't get used to. I mean Advance Wars was never supposed to be realistic, I mean hell, you fought aliens. But the characters were really colorful, I loved the style of the old Advance Wars (man, I'm gonna have to start calling them the "old" now...). The new CO's look really bland in comparison. Well, I can HOPE for some old CO's to be unlockables. If Sturm is in it, then that'll definitely get me interested.

While I agree that the brighter palette, slightly more SD-looking humans, and directly perpendicular perspective in the battle sequences of Dual Strike were more preferable, those 3 things are really the only big changes between that and Days of Ruin. I honestly don't see it as that great a leap, and even if it were I'd still be very much excited for this new Advance Wars since I enjoyed Dual Strike so much. Seems to me people are getting a little out of hand with this "It's totally different now, that sucks!" perspective.

Dual Strike left me wishing they'd revamp the entire game with different characters and units. I'm very excited for this new game.

Me too. I could have done with a little more than just new CO's. I love the original CO's. The have so much personality. Dual Strike... well, it felt like more of the same, but with a tad more action and a little less quirkiness. Kinda like they played it safe or something. Wow. What a senseless rant. Disregard. Dual Strike = Strat goodness.

So I bought Hori screen protectors, but some how like 10 pieces of dust managed to get on the screen when I put it on, so theres all of these air bubbles all over. Now I can't get the damn thing off, and this is really starting to get me frustrated. Why are these things such a pain in the ass. It says to use tape to remove it, but it doesn't work. How the hell am I supposed to get this off to re-apply the damn thing?

I'm about to just say screw it, and if my screen gets scratched, then it gets scratched.

edit: finally got it off using my fingernail.

So I bought Hori screen protectors, but some how like 10 pieces of dust managed to get on the screen when I put it on, so theres all of these air bubbles all over. Now I can't get the damn thing off, and this is really starting to get me frustrated. Why are these things such a pain in the ass. It says to use tape to remove it, but it doesn't work. How the hell am I supposed to get this off to re-apply the damn thing?

I'm about to just say screw it, and if my screen gets scratched, then it gets scratched.

edit: finally got it off using my fingernail.

With or without screen protectors is fine. I think that you'd only really NEED a screen protector is when playing EBA or something like that. Otherwise, most of the games aren't too stylus heavy with constant poking... especially though spinners in EBA, some people like to press really hard when doing those even when they don't have to.

Actually, my sister doesn't have any screen protectors and I like to use hers more than mine because it's more responsive. *shrugs*

With or without screen protectors is fine. I think that you'd only really NEED a screen protector is when playing EBA or something like that. Otherwise, most of the games aren't too stylus heavy with constant poking... especially though spinners in EBA, some people like to press really hard when doing those even when they don't have to.

Actually, my sister doesn't have any screen protectors and I like to use hers more than mine because it's more responsive. *shrugs*

Yeah, whenever I play EBA, I use my old DS. That has a scratch on it, but that was way before I got EBA lol.

I'm pretty pissed because I just pressed the back button after typing a shitload of stuff. Fuck.

Anyhow, keep in mind the DS is manufactured with 2 screens: The first type has a smooth image and is more responsive. The second type is probably what you have on your DS: the screen colours are more vibrant, but the LCD crystals seem to have a sort of shimmeriness to them and the viewing angle is a little more narrow than the other type, not to mention the lag. The second type have a fraction of second of lag but it's extremely noticeable.

When I got my first DS, I had the less responsive type, but had a dead pixel and returned it. I was fortunate enough to get the more responsive type of screen.

Incidentally when I got my DS Lite I got the same less responsive type of screen but I had to return it because the microphone didn't work. I wouldn't find out until later that I just had my face too far into the mic. But anyhow, the second DS Lite I got out of it had the more responsive type once again.

In regards to screen protectors, I've tried a few of them and here's what I have to say:

The Hori ones are just not worth it. They're not very good and you have to pay a whole lot more just to get your hands on a set. The only upside is that you get a soft clean cloth out of it. If there's anyone anal about keeping their screens it good condition it'll probably be me. But the Hori protectors are made of some kind of rubbery plastic material with an odd texture that literally gives you less control over your stylus. There's more resistance required to move your stylus across the screen, but once you get it sliding it just slips all over the place. Tires your hands out more that way. Not only that, but if you wear down your stylus or get some dirt stuck on it the stylus will grate against the material causing huge, gaping scratches in the protectors. Kind of counter-intuitive.

I got some $8 hard plastic protectors from EB for my DS Lite and they've been doing a much better job of lasting over the year I've had them. Just do a little research and make sure the type you buy comes off okay. Sometimes less is more.

I'd be afraid to play stylus-heavy games like Zelda and Starfox Command without a screen protector. They're full of fast swiping movements and I tend to press my writing utensils hard.

too lazy to find a thread about this, but

i found shaymin and darkrai in the american pokemon dp

unfortunately, you need a hack to walk through walls

good news is they aren't hacked themselves

No offense, but... you haven't found anything.

Using a cheat device to walk though walls isn't a discovery. It's just cheating. And if you have the means to cheat like that, you can just make those pokemon appear anytime, anywhere. It would be easier and faster then walking around in limbo or cutting across maps.

When someone discovers a means to get to them without the use of an Action Replay or other hacking device, please come and tell us.

got tactics advance 2 just to check out how it was in comparison to the first

i cant read japanese so its a tad tough to play

it has basically the same music as the first, same graphics, same everything

that is a GOOD thing

from the preview videos it looked like the spell effects looked better?