Nintendo DS

The Damned

In my opinion, the first Front Mission hasn't aged gracefully (well, the music still rocks). Maybe it's the small screen, but it just doesn't feel as good as it did before.

If you're a fan of Phoenix Wright you *need* to finish 3. Advent is also very good but if you played ZX 1, you played Advent already (though it is definetly worth playing if you can afford both games).

In my opinion, the first Front Mission hasn't aged gracefully (well, the music still rocks). Maybe it's the small screen, but it just doesn't feel as good as it did before.

If you're a fan of Phoenix Wright you *need* to finish 3. Advent is also very good but if you played ZX 1, you played Advent already (though it is definetly worth playing if you can afford both games).

Good advice, thanks! I think in this case I'll pick up Advent in the meantime, and get Phoenix Wright 3 as soon as I finally complete the 2nd one (I recently started up again and am half-way through the circus case, great stuff).

I think there may be hope for the world. The end is nigh.

I played two licensed Disney games, and I enjoyed them both. This statement may tear a hole in the universe, but I found Hannah Montana Music Jam and Power Rangers Super Legends to be good games.

I only played the music creating portion of the Hannah Montana game and I found it to be more enjoyable than Jam Sessions. There aren't a lot of chords to choose from, but you can play individual notes on the guitar and therefore play chords by playing the actual notes (suck on THAT, Jam Sessions). Rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass guitar, and drums are the instruments you can play. Sadly, things just feel clunky when trying to make a song but mad drum solos can probably fix anything.

On a less testicle destroying note, Power Rangers Super Legends is a fun, old school, side-scrolling beat-em-up. Frankly, the graphics look like they belong on the GBA (except for the 3d levels), the enemies are repetetive (pallette swap and slight sprite modifications, more hit points, etc), and the storyline (which involves time travel and whatnot) will make your brain bleed in pain what with the lame dialogue, paradoxes, and plot holes. And you can repeatedly uppercut enemies to the top screen and back down until they can no longer retain physical form. Nevertheless, if you like old-school brawlers, you should like Super Legends. It also has overhead shooter levels and first-person touchscreen giant robot battles, both of which use decent 3D graphics. And the music rocks like only the 16-bit era can.

the second case in phoenix wright 3 started to piss me off so i stopped a month ago

Question: Which of the brain trainy games do you think is the best?

Brain training annoys me so much because it adds vast chunks to your time for getting an answer wrong because the game didn't recognise the number you drew, however I appreciate the Sudoku puzzles and the musical challenge in more brain training.

I've been enjoying Big Brain Academy much more since we got it, as the games are more inventive and more fun, and getting one wrong doesn't obliterate your score, it just takes time out of your minute for each challenge. I've been having so much fun with it in the two days I've had it that I've already beaten the professors brain score (I think I got 1709g?).

Just wondering which one of the two everyone prefers or if its just me.

Question: Which of the brain trainy games do you think is the best?

Brain training annoys me so much because it adds vast chunks to your time for getting an answer wrong because the game didn't recognise the number you drew, however I appreciate the Sudoku puzzles and the musical challenge in more brain training.

I've been enjoying Big Brain Academy much more since we got it, as the games are more inventive and more fun, and getting one wrong doesn't obliterate your score, it just takes time out of your minute for each challenge. I've been having so much fun with it in the two days I've had it that I've already beaten the professors brain score (I think I got 1709g?).

Just wondering which one of the two everyone prefers or if its just me.

Personally, I like Brain Training over Big Brain Academy. Though Big Brain Academy seems like it has more fun games, I could see myself getting bored with it pretty fast. Certainly, when you unlock the harder difficulties, it definitely extends the playability in Brain Training. Being able to only do certain exercises once a day though limiting, makes me look forward to being able to play it the next day.

Anyway, I just started on Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. Finished the introductory trial and into the first big case. These games are awesome.

To those of you into the DS homebrew scene, DS Organize has been updated somewhat recently to v3.05.

You can now download files using the web browser! I've been grabbing mp3s and playing them back using this program and it rocks. This is seriously the best homebrew ever.

link: http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

For what it is worth, they were never good on the 64 to begin with. The controller for it was trash and the camera never stayed behind Mario like I wanted it to. I will say that it is a bit more fun with a better controller though.

I never really saw a problem with the 64 controller. And some games (Goldeneye) could be played one handed.

I never liked the Controller for the 64 because the first time i used one the stick broke off. The only controller I hate worse than than the 64's was the Dreamcast's controller. That and maybe the first XBOX controller.

At the same time the Dual Shock doesn't feel right anymore. After growing up I found that the size of the controller started to hurt my hands. I found that I had outgrown my beloved controller.

Nowadays I prefer the 360's controller and the Wii's nunchuckirific style too.

Play Jump Ultimate Stars.

(There back on subject.)

Now playing: Super mario 64 DS.

( I know I'm a little behind the curve on that one.)

I was up to 75 stars when I lost my DS and that game. :-(

After buying a new one I didn't have the motivation to do it all over again at first, but now I'm starting to get into it again.

I toyed around with how many stars I could get before defeating the Big Bob-Omb (save the one behind the gate, I found it impossible to get any other of the 1st course's stars without him), and getting the other stars out of their prescribed order.

Even with the control, that game is just too hard to hate. :<

Edit:

To those of you into the DS homebrew scene, DS Organize has been updated somewhat recently to v3.05.

You can now download files using the web browser! I've been grabbing mp3s and playing them back using this program and it rocks. This is seriously the best homebrew ever.

link: http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

Allright!

New OCR tracks on the go, anyone? :wink:

Edit2: On the topic of DSOrganize, am I the only one that sometimes experiences freezes when playing back SNES .spc files?