Nintendo DS

The Damned

Went back and played Hotel Dusk again, second playthrough, and got the secret ending. I forgot how wrapped up I got in the story. I was just playing it to kill time and I ended up getting re-addicted to it.

There's a LOT of talking. A loooooooot of talking. Probably more than half the game is reading through text. But it's OKAY because said text is the text to an incredibly intriguing story, and one of the best I've seen in a video game. Still, it gets annoying when you want to go do something else and the characters won't shut up...

BUT STILL. Hotel Dusk is greatness. If you haven't already, PLAY IT. Get ready for a looot of text, though.

Am I the only one here that enjoys the Front Mission games..? (or rather the few that came to the US) Bought myself Front Mission DS and I'm enjoying the hell out of it as well as FFXII Revenant Wings :)!!

Wow, I JUST bought both of those games (along with GBA's M&L Superstar Saga).

I am on the first actual mission of FM. (Is this a remake of the first FM game?)

Wow, I JUST bought both of those games (along with GBA's M&L Superstar Saga).

I am on the first actual mission of FM. (Is this a remake of the first FM game?)

Pretty much... I like how its more cleaner than the original SNES one and I don't recall how much different it is from the PSX version. Just wanted some FM on the go :)!!

Still mad as hell they will never port over FM2 & FM5 though... FM3 supposedly is super hard to find as well...

I'm selling my copies of FF3 and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for anyone interested. Cases and manuals for each, the FF3 case is slightly dirty/scratched up, but only on the plastic covering.

$15 each (plus shipping) or both for $35 shipped (CONUS). PayPal is my preferred method of payment. PM me if interested.

So I've noticed a certain DS game a few times in the store recently: Contact. It looks quite cool, but I never heard much about it. Is it worth the purchase?

I bought it when it came out, and I really loved it then. I got to a certain boss and just couldnt manage to beat it, so I stopped playing. Give it a shot though, it is pretty damned fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, Contact is a damn good game in my opinion. It is pretty random, and I find myself laughing some of the stuff in it. I mean, the suits you put on are just an awesome way to determine the abilities your guy has. Alot of people say the people who made Earthbound had alot to do with it.

Actually, Contact is a damn good game in my opinion. It is pretty random, and I find myself laughing some of the stuff in it. I mean, the suits you put on are just an awesome way to determine the abilities your guy has. Alot of people say the people who made Earthbound had alot to do with it.

...*looks up Contact*

Earthbound was fucking brilliant

Bah, it's that sort of fighting? That always really irritates me, just because it's such a crappy system. *hit* *get hit* *hit* *get hit* *kill*

Contact isn't bad, it's just it's not really all that exceptional, either. The story barely makes any sense at all, combat is largely automated (like FF12, but with just one character instead of three), and there's only 6 real dungeons, nearly half of which lack real boss fights.

The end boss, though, was reasonably epic, making up for the nearly unforgivable mediocrity of the department store dungeon and military base dungeon.