Nintendo DS

The Damned

Hey Pokémon players. You know that Mystery Gift option on your game? You don't? Go here then. Any way, tomorrow, January 12th, there's something happening on Wi-Fi. Reports are kind of sketchy as to what it is, but it is official. Don't believe it? How about if it came from the game director himself?

Might be a rare item, might be a generic thank-you note. Who knows? But it seems to be for all regions and versions.

Yeah... every major pokémon site is saying the same thing. What a fucking letdown.

You know, Nintendo has all that money and all those people working for them, including GameFreak. You would think that if the fucking director of the game said there was going to be a surprise on a certain day, someone would have actually gone out and made something actually happen.

What a massive, fucking massive letdown. A fucking bullshit "snow" effect that already occurs randomly? Fucking bullshit. Where're all those promised WiFi events and gifts they talked about when the game was announced? When it was revealed to use WiFi? When it was released?

Fuck you, GameFreak.

Yeah... every major pokémon site is saying the same thing. What a fucking letdown.

You know, Nintendo has all that money and all those people working for them, including GameFreak. You would think that if the fucking director of the game said there was going to be a surprise on a certain day, someone would have actually gone out and made something actually happen.

What a massive, fucking massive letdown. A fucking bullshit "snow" effect that already occurs randomly? Fucking bullshit. Where're all those promised WiFi events and gifts they talked about when the game was announced? When it was revealed to use WiFi? When it was released?

Fuck you, GameFreak.

Why are you surprised? Think of all the little 5 year olds who are frothing at the mouth right now, and all the money the company has just made from the people buying the game for this reason.

If people stopped buying the games simply for the fact that it has "Pokemon" written on it, then perhaps they might get off their asses and produce some semi decent content, whether it be for the Pokemon franchise or for *gasp* something new and original.

i.e. NOT pokemon.

I'm going to wait on a separate topic until the US release, but having just seen the intro movie to the Japanese version of FFIV DS, I can honestly say that nothing this whole season has made me love gaming more than that movie. The game looks phenomenal (I've only played through the prologue, because I can't read Japanese...) and I can't wait for it. Anyone who can, go watch the intro sometime.

I'm going to wait on a separate topic until the US release, but having just seen the intro movie to the Japanese version of FFIV DS, I can honestly say that nothing this whole season has made me love gaming more than that movie. The game looks phenomenal (I've only played through the prologue, because I can't read Japanese...) and I can't wait for it. Anyone who can, go watch the intro sometime.

I cannot wait for this to come to the states. Been excited for the game for a while now. XD;

A port of what? FF IV DS is a 3D remake in the same style as FF III DS.

Ya that's what I meant (>_<) Same deal with FF3. Its the same game, just with a few bonus features. That's not to say I didn't immensely enjoy it though. Do you know if they are adding anything major to it?

My brother gave it to me for Christmas, but I haven't tried it yet. Not a big fan of the FF Tatics style games, unfortunatly. :\

Revenant Wings isn't at all like Tactics. For one thing, Tactics is (IMO) more strategic and is turn based, while Revenant Wings is real-time. Tactics gives you a lot of control over your party and how to customize it; Revenant Wings lets you summon monsters (who you can unlock in a somewhat-predefined order) in addition to your static party members who don't really change other than acquiring fixed skills.

Revenant Wings isn't bad, and it's certainly better than Heroes of Mana, but it could be a lot better. It's nowhere near as rich a strategy game as any of the Warcraft games, PC vs. handheld limitations duly noted. It's probably the best strategy game on the DS right now, but unless you're dying to have a strategy game on your handheld, it's probably not worth the effort.